Microsoft confirms Vista SP1 by Q1 2008 and XP SP3 by H1 2008 !

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Microsoft confirms Vista SP1 by Q1 2008, and XP SP3 by H1 2008 !

Microsoft has finally confimed that Windows Vista Service Pack 1 beta will be released to a moderate size 10-15K audience in a few weeks. "We currently expect to deliver SP1 during the first quarter of 2008, but we will collect customer feedback from our upcoming beta process before setting a final date. Quality is our most important factor when determining availability."

FULL REPORT :
What is in the Windows Vista Service Pack 1?
What improvements are there to reliability in SP1?
What languages will Windows Vista SP1 include?
What drivers are new in SP1?
How large will the Service Pack 1 be?

Source.

praka123

left this forum longback
..and xp support will be stopped by 2008-2009 :rolleyes:
users are gonna be forced to vista :? and vista sp1 will break many install as SP mostly shud have to do with DRM instructions as instructed by RIAA :rolleyes:
so...club members numbers will not increase hopefully :)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
praka123 said:
..and xp support will be stopped by 2008-2009
As far as I know Ubuntu supports LTS Distro for 5 years...so if they are stopping XP support after 8 years....Microsoft is better

users are gonna be forced to vista :?
Haven't u seen how many users in India still run WIndows 98 SE or Windows 2000?

and vista sp1 will break many install as SP mostly shud have to do with DRM instructions as instructed by RIAA

Yup...beta of SP might break installs...but no RTM SP has ever broken the OS. About DRM...wait u r prakash right...the super paranoid guy about his security...abe watch that milkman outside your house, he might be giving u closed source paneer :D without telling u the recipe.

Also, don't eat burger in Mcdonalds...they don't tell u the components & don't tell how much mustard sauce they use. How can u trust them....

so...club members numbers will not increase hopefully :)
Do I feel jealousy? A club is always better then a cult

sandeepk

Journeyman
Thanks for the info. I am waiting for WinXP SP3 for so long. Have to wait for atleast 9-10 months more. Thats very long!!!:(

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Vista SP1 released to private group of testers!

Microsoft has just released Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Beta on 23rd September. According to Nick White announcements, currently the beta sp1 is available only to a private group of Beta testers.

Here are highlights about SP1.

* Have a size range from 51MB - 679.6MB depending on how often you update your Windows
* Improve responsiveness - The delay between pressing CTRL-ALT-DELETE and getting the password prompt, resuming from Hibernation or Sleep are pretty much gone
* Search option has been removed from the Start menu, instead "Search Everywhere" with users can choose their favourite desktop search program such as Google Desktop.
* Select Volumes - a new option in Windows Vista's Disk Defragmenter
* BitLocker Control Panel - users of Windows Vista Enterprise and Ultimate are now able to choose which drives to encrypt

shantanu

Technomancer
no offense anand ! but rules applies to all.. You should post the full report here, rather than posting a advertisement here and linking it to your website to get hits.. for your website, :) i hope you understand.. because i have seen in past others mods too closing threads and giving warnings in such matter.. Please keep that in mind in future..

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
gx_saurav said:
As far as I know Ubuntu supports LTS Distro for 5 years...so if they are stopping XP support after 8 years....Microsoft is better

Haven't u seen how many users in India still run WIndows 98 SE or Windows 2000?

Yup...beta of SP might break installs...but no RTM SP has ever broken the OS. About DRM...wait u r prakash right...the super paranoid guy about his security...abe watch that milkman outside your house, he might be giving u closed source paneer :D without telling u the recipe.

Also, don't eat burger in Mcdonalds...they don't tell u the components & don't tell how much mustard sauce they use. How can u trust them....

Do I feel jealousy? A club is always better then a cult

Hey...stop
don't turn this into Linux vs windows thread:mad:
Please try to stay on topic:wink:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
gx_saurav said:
Wow, nice logic, in fact the best there is. Your reasoning is so good that it fails to see the release period of a new stable Ubuntu - Every 6 months. And what's more is that unlike your favorite company, mine doesn't require me to update to a new version when they want you to.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Service Pack = trying to finish some work left half done earlier :rolleyes:

With so many SPs coming in, imagine how much work was left incomplete earlier! :))

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
hey guys stopping service for xp means peple will be forced to use vista? that means we cannot use xp anymore? or does it just mean m$ wont give customer support and updates for xp?

praka123

left this forum longback
entrana said:
hey guys stopping service for xp means peple will be forced to use vista? that means we cannot use xp anymore? or does it just mean m$ wont give customer support and updates for xp?
yes,in a way ur forced to use Vista if u want current version with M$ service.use XP as many use win98 still in their PC's after the service/support period.else buy Vista($$$$) or shift now itself to some Linux like Ubuntu or buy a apple Mac(again $$$$) :D
thats what i posted in 2nd post which M$ fan cant digest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom