Microsoft, Apple, Google sued over icon software patent

Status
Not open for further replies.

chandru.in

In the zone
Source

Software patents suck. But in a way it is good that the idiots who were swearing by it have been sued. :)

Alas, others who hate software patents may also be sued. :(

Software patents DO NOT suck. MISUSE of software patents sucks.
And yeah, awarding of DUMB patents like these sucks. ANYBODY can come up with such an idea. How can someone claim ownership over it ?

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Wow! What a patent!! :D

That should encourage more people to check and double-check if any of their frivolous patents have been violated and then file a multi-million dollar lawsuit against the biggies. :rolleyes:

sakumar79

Technomancer
Can a patent obtained in 2008 be used to sue somebody for using similar feature that was available earlier? Even if it was filed in 2001, the patent is obtained only in 2008 right?

Arun

x3060

A LOTR fan
its good to see them back, i have thought the "sue" thing just vanishec.
phew, they are back again and hurray , they are kicking great

come on some dump peoples never really know how to live right; no wonder they say , "over-education" is pure evil.

techygeek

Broken In
Can a patent obtained in 2008 be used to sue somebody for using similar feature that was available earlier? Even if it was filed in 2001, the patent is obtained only in 2008 right?

Arun

exactly
The company is trying to just get some publicity i think

Vishal Patil

Linux all the way
probably the worst patent that I know after the one for Basmati rice. Stupid patents department

even microsoft is files stupid patents, for things that were never their original idea

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom