MicroMax Yu Yureka discussion thread

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Dear saiyan,

Wants to know how to change the ringtone. I find this fone ringtone is weak compare to other fones I have used till date.
I have few ringtones in my google music app but don't know how to convert them phone ringtone.

Also, you know any good flip cover for yureka.

Regards,
Chintan

Install ES File Explorer or Shuttle Music Player on the phone
Open the audio file from that app
Touch menu button (or the 3 vertical dots)
Select Set Ringtone

As for the flip cover, IMO those are for crap phones which have scratch prone screen and body and make the phone ugly and bulky. But still if you want to a cover, use a TPU based back cover and Tempered Glass Screen Protector.

mitraark

Decrepit
Having no issues with my Yureka, battery lasting well over 5 hours of screen time use.

Although the phone did freeze for a while after I disconnected a call.

Only missing out the 1080p screen ( smaller fonts, unzoomed view ) , on all other aspects for my daily use it feels somewhat same as my Z Ultra.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Does this phone really have a Micromax anywhere in its name?
I thought the whole idea was to have Yu as a stand alone brand like Lexus.

mitraark

Decrepit
Does this phone really have a Micromax anywhere in its name?
I thought the whole idea was to have Yu as a stand alone brand like Lexus.

No it doesn't have Micromax anywhere. Just a YU logo on the back.

The phone feels a bit ... non-premium shall we say ... but at 9k sith such specs and amazing Cyagenomod UI, it feels great!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
After buying Moto X, I kind of stopped looking at the ever increasing competition of phone market. This is why when a friend of mine told me about it, I read this thread, and got damn impressed of the phone.

I am looking to buy it for a friend next week. How are your experiences guys, who all bought it?

Btw, the expandable memory is 32 GB, not 64 as mentioned in the first post. [MENTION=300899]rish1[/MENTION], Please update the post.

ashs1

Padawan
After buying Moto X, I kind of stopped looking at the ever increasing competition of phone market. This is why when a friend of mine told me about it, I read this thread, and got damn impressed of the phone.

I am looking to buy it for a friend next week. How are your experiences guys, who all bought it?

Btw, the expandable memory is 32 GB, not 64 as mentioned in the first post. [MENTION=300899]rish1[/MENTION], Please update the post.

So far, i am very happy with my yureka..The Battery backup is good & there is almost no lag..
The only problem is that i get random reboots almost daily ( not good while i am showing off my phone in front of my friends :p ). :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So far, i am very happy with my yureka..The Battery backup is good & there is almost no lag..
The only problem is that i get random reboots almost daily ( not good while i am showing off my phone in front of my friends :p ). :)

Did you try to reset the device? Rooted phone means you can try all sorts of things, right till updating the whole goddamn ROM.
Or you can try removing preloaded apps, or lowering the CPU speed and then observe.

I think unlocked bootloader is the thing which makes this phone very developer friendly. Isn't it?

ashs1

Padawan
Did you try to reset the device? Rooted phone means you can try all sorts of things, right till updating the whole goddamn ROM.
Or you can try removing preloaded apps, or lowering the CPU speed and then observe.

I think unlocked bootloader is the thing which makes this phone very developer friendly. Isn't it?

I Did reset the phone right after 1 week after purchase..the problem seems to be unsolved though..
I have disabled all the google apps( music/newstand/books/movies/whatever)..
I haven't yet attempted rooting the phone( lack of time).. will definately root after exams( warranty doesn't get void upon rooting :D )

I will try Lowering the cpu speed & post my results after 2-3 days. :)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

No, its locked by default.
I had to unlock it which also meant wiping the phone's user data and then I proceeded to root it.

polupoka

In the zone
can you book mine for tomorrow i missed the registration this time , i will pm you the address and mobile no.

pm me your full address with mob no.! hurry! i will try!

- - - Updated - - -

hello! still i have in my cart!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

deal over.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Bought a Yureka YU on behalf of a friend.
Will use it for a few days before handing him over.

ashs1

Padawan
Can anyone suggest a decent back case/cover for yureka??
Are there any transparent hard back case for yureka in the online market???(I only found transparent soft cases :( )

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Can anyone suggest a decent back case/cover for yureka??
Are there any transparent hard back case for yureka in the online market???(I only found transparent soft cases :( )

Don't buy those silicone based soft cases, they don't offer shock resistance. Buy TPU based ones.

ashs1

Padawan
Don't buy those silicone based soft cases, they don't offer shock resistance. Buy TPU based ones.
tpu ?
like these :

Noise- TPU Flexible Back Cover for Micromax Yu Yureka - Transparent: Buy Noise- TPU Flexible Back Cover for Micromax Yu Yureka - Transparent Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in
or
Ultra-Thin 0.33mm Clear Transparent Soft TPU Back Case Cover For Micromax Yu Yureka with Front Screen Guard - Clear/Transparent: Buy Ultra-Thin 0.33mm Clear Transparent Soft TPU Back Case Cover For Micromax Yu Yureka with Front Screen Guard - Clear/T

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
tpu ?
like these :

Noise- TPU Flexible Back Cover for Micromax Yu Yureka - Transparent: Buy Noise- TPU Flexible Back Cover for Micromax Yu Yureka - Transparent Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in
or
Ultra-Thin 0.33mm Clear Transparent Soft TPU Back Case Cover For Micromax Yu Yureka with Front Screen Guard - Clear/Transparent: Buy Ultra-Thin 0.33mm Clear Transparent Soft TPU Back Case Cover For Micromax Yu Yureka with Front Screen Guard - Clear/T

Yes. But since these two aren't amazon fulfilled, proceed with caution.

$hadow

Geek in making
tpu ?
like these :

or

Not fulfilled by amazon so I won't recommend those.

Top Bottom