[Complaint] Micromax, the company run by Satan himself!!

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Posts deleted. Can we please stick to what this section and this thread is for?

This thread and section is not for asking whether you can buy a Micromax device or not. Ask that in the right section or through PM. Also this section is not for discussing who Micromax is making their brand ambassador or whether the phone is manufactured in Bhatinda. Do those discussions in Chit-Chat section. This thread is not a random Micromax bashing thread. Do that in Chit-Chat section or in Facebook.

The OP is doing an RMA again. If you any query or anything to say about the topic, then post.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ Yes, stick to topic, I went to RMA center on Friday, it was closed due to Saraswati Puja here, tomorrow again.

oroboros

Broken In
I guess it happens with only some unfortunate customers.These devises run good for a while which impresses the customer but when it starts to show flaws then its kinda like a living hell.

sukant

Fragholic
Went to RMA centre on Saturday to RMA my funbook , was getting washed out colors on the display. They had shifted their location and not updated on site took me around a hour calling different numbers to get their office location. Finally found it and submitted , was told display is faulty they will have to replace it and will take 10-15 days.
Lets hope they do resolve it within 15 days . Have been using the washed out tab for way too long (almost 5 months).

sukant

Fragholic
yeah and this is my 2nd service . First time the tablet was not showing any display that they resolved in 2 days but gave me a washed out display , after 5 months of that now i have given them again. I had to run temple run to show them color is washed out.

nginx

In the zone
I can relate to tkin's experience. My funbook was working great for the first month after purchase, then the good old battery problems started. First it shut down at 20%, then 35%, then with each week that percentage kept increasing. Now it shuts down at 94% !!!

I am not sure what this problem has all to do with power delivery. How did you diagnose it tkin? I think its the battery gauge that somehow gets screwed up and starts reporting false data. Even though it shuts down at 94% now, the battery still gives me atleast 3 hours before shutting down which suggests that the chemicals in the battery are working fine. Its only that the operating system is unable show us accurate reading of the battery %. A good indication of firmware problem perhaps?

I haven't taken it the service center because I know it will be a waste of time. I built a portable external battery pack with charging circuitry, that I simply plug into the tablet via mini USB when it runs out of juice. Gives a good 7-9 hours runtime. It's not ideal but atleast the tab is usable this way.

MMX had a great product on their hands which they ruined due to lack of quality control and of course the lack of technical knowhow to fix these issues. A product which by design itself is faulty cannot be fixed by going to the service center. In such cases a company needs to do a total recall and ask their engineers to fix the design flaw. But that's impossible when the company resells Chinese noname products instead of designing & manufacturing anything themselves.

sukant

Fragholic
TBH i have not used my funbook since i bought it cause of the display issue .
Good news is my funbook has come back from repairs so thats about 8-9 days time which is pretty good IMO . Let me see how well has it been repaired and how long it will last.

audiophilic

Journeyman
Posts deleted. Can we please stick to what this section and this thread is for?

This thread and section is not for asking whether you can buy a Micromax device or not. Ask that in the right section or through PM. Also this section is not for discussing who Micromax is making their brand ambassador or whether the phone is manufactured in Bhatinda. Do those discussions in Chit-Chat section. This thread is not a random Micromax bashing thread. Do that in Chit-Chat section or in Facebook.

The OP is doing an RMA again. If you any query or anything to say about the topic, then post.

LOL. I think what you just said happens a lot on this forum. :p

sukant

Fragholic
Update to post #108
I was happy that my Micromax Device is finally back , but to my shock the service centre guys told providing a new screen still did not fix the issue , so now they have sent the tab to the HQ to see what can be done , an estimate of another 10-15 days is given .
This is turning out to be irritating :|

Top Bottom