[Complaint] Micromax, the company run by Satan himself!!

tkin

Back to school!!
In this thread I'll explain why you should NEVER buy micromax products. Step By step description of my journey to hell:

1. Bought micromax funbook last june I think.

2. Ran like a beast for 2 months(played 1080p h264 to hdtv, what more can one want for 6k? Played ALL games). I was very happy.

3. In third month started showing battery issues, would shut down @ 20% charge, no software tweak fixed it. Thought one time issue :evil:

4. Went and got battery replaced, took over a month.

5. Got the issue fixed, FOR A MONTH.

6. Problem started again, I let it run, after a week or so started to shut down @ 80% charge :punch:

7. Point to be noted I always used USB charger this time.

8. Battery replaced, issue fixed.

9. After another few weeks, again started showing issues :banghead:

10. Battery replaced, AGAIN.

11. Problem started creeping up after a month :pullhair:

Current state: Running it plugged to wall, I don't care anymore now, also when I went for a battery change this time they f'n removed the service center to a distant part of the city where I can't even reach in an hour. I don't give a damn anymore, I learnt the costliest lesson in my life by wasting 6k, never ever would I use another micromax product.

I asked them to replace tab, they said its micromax policy and they can't do anything about it, now maybe if I was a 7 feet tall intimidating Goliath I could have choked them with the charger cord and get a new tab, since I am not, its the end of the line for me :yuck:

I think the issue lies with the power delivery system and any new battery placed in the tab would go corrupt after a few weeks or so, issue can't be fixed by replacing the battery, I told them that, and their expression was:
*d1ij7zv8zivhs3.cloudfront.net/assets/6313995/view_large/ERMAHGERD_-_Funky_Gestures.jpg?1348510595

I was also planning on going to consumer court but since I didn't keep a xerox of the challans I am stuck, and I don't have the energy to go at them any more :stamp:

PS: My rma was handled all three times by Cell-O service in Chandni Chowk, kolkata, until last time they closed micromax service, said micromax products were having too much issues, specially the tablets, hence they stopped servicing the tablets all together, and then directed me to other service centers, one of which was not accepting tablets either, due to too much issues, as they said :talk2hand:

Hrishi

"Yeh Toh Hona hi tha." ; Just kidding.
But this is what usually happens with MicroMax products.

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
Thats the problem with Indian Companies...they just want to cash on foreign trends, by providing us cheap alternative of best products and no support what so ever for their product,

As if a consumer buys their product they are on their own...!

(Micromax,Karbonn,Spice,Cellkon.....all are F***** A*******)

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@tkin you mighht be aware of this before you buy their products. BTW You can't complain their quality for the price it is available and you have to go through this kinda things. So you learned the lesson, in hard way, don't ever buy MMX products,

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Thank God! I never bought MMX products. I feel sorry for you, dude.
And don't ever.

Thats the problem with Indian Companies...they just want to cash on foreign trends, by providing us cheap alternative of best products and no support what so ever for their product,

As if a consumer buys their product they are on their own...!

(Micromax,Karbonn,Spice,Cellkon.....all are F***** A*******)
Yeah, a costly lesson learned.

@tkin you mighht be aware of this before you buy their products. BTW You can't complain their quality for the price it is available and you have to go through this kinda things. So you learned the lesson, in hard way, don't ever buy MMX products,
Well, its not completely my fault, you see some people in forums(in other forums as well) was going gaga over funbook, and their unit is still flawlessly performing, its just that a bad batch got out and its been dogging me ever since, for those whose funbooks are doing good its absolute vfm, for guys like us, its hell.

So buying mmx is like playing roulette, and I never plan to gamble ever.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
As you said, it's like gambling. If it works, you are lucky, otherwise, don't even think about getting it to service center. Here in Bangalore, it is really scary. Friend tried to replace his Canvas A2 due to battery issue and they said, no replacement, only we will service it for you. Same as in your case, now it is over 10 days and he is waiting for his phone.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Quality of product and after sales service of Indian companies is a joke. That's why I always suggest everyone to stay away from Indian companies.
Tough luck tkin!!

digitfan

Right Off the Assembly Line
He he he happy to learn that i am not alone.:lol::rofl:
I too faced the same issue.But in my case i never went back.Their CC is very bad one of their representative was telling a guy "Wo aapka problem hai hamara nahi" when that guy was requesting them to hurry up with their service.

That service center was filled with complaint from micromax products mostly(They also service blackberry).

In anger i gave that B@$tard a piece of my mind infront of everyone.Yes used all type of profanity that came to my mind.In the end added nothing personal to you just repeat whatever i told you to your boss.Thats what i think of your company.

Threw the piece in the garbage bin infront of them and bought galaxy s3 next day.

But now i think this is not what i wanted.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
the problem is that international companies like sony, samsung maintain very high levels of Quality control, so defects are < 1%. but micromax sources its products from china, and has no dedicated manufacturing facility. i.e. micromax gets the phones manufactured via a 3rd party and then rebrands and sells them... because they dont sell enough phones. thats whats the problem is with micromax. If micromax were to shift to a facility where they can have their own QC and do their own manufacturing... meaning 100% owned and operated company plant, i am sure no micromax RMA will almost be equal to ... if not around the same as international brands.

i think within 2-3 years from now... micromax and international brands will be at par.

Last edited:

Shah

Cyborg Agent
the problem is that international companies like sony, samsung maintain very high levels of Quality control, so defects are < 1%. but micromax sources its products from china, and has no dedicated manufacturing facility. i.e. micromax gets the phones manufactured via a 3rd party and then rebrands and sells them... because they dont sell enough phones. thats whats the problem is with micromax. If micromax were to shift to a facility where they can have their own QC and do their own manufacturing... meaning 100% owned and operated company plant, i am sure no micromax RMA will almost be equal to ... if not around the same as international brands.

i think within 2-3 years from now... micromax and international brands will be at par.

Once a thief, Always a thief.Even if they build better quality phones, some will be hesitant to buy because of their past reputation.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

*20 year+

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
After 20 years, I doubt MMX will ever exist.
Yeah they will, remember spice mobile? They still exist, we are a third world country and cheap sets will always find its place here, micromax is doing nothing but giving a brand to the Chinese sets that had been flooding our markets for ever, remember NOKLA?

digitfan

Right Off the Assembly Line
^^Yes mx phones have good sound when on loudspeaker but thats about it.You should have seen the line of mmx ninja guys inside that service center.There were cases where the phone went kaput the next day after the purchase.C#utia company hai mmx they are just fooling people.They have earned a lot infact by fooling the fools.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I once read a comment on flipkart on Micromax Mobile Canvas HD.. "If u like going to its service center regularly then only buy this phone...."

very poor Customer Service and now they have OLED TVs :shock:

Shah

Cyborg Agent
I once read a comment on flipkart on Micromax Mobile Canvas HD.. "If u like going to its service center regularly then only buy this phone...."

very poor Customer Service and now they have OLED TVs :shock:

I wonder how people are going to carry the TVs to service centre everyday.

Top Bottom