Micromax FunBook Review

azzu

AJJU
^ no i dont....
its a great product..and an awesome funmachine..
because of my basic idioticity i got it into this trouble..

dwelsten

Right off the assembly line
My funbook shut downs after few minutes i connect my photon dongle.
to restart it i need to attach a charger.
Please help what should i do?

thehacker_again

Re: Micromax FunBook Review - Using Reliance Netconnect+

Hi Guys, i am new to this forum. First of all thanks to all of your suggestions on buying Micro max Fun Book. I ordered from Snap deal and i got my Tablet 2 days back. Service of the Snap deal is awesome they delivered the product within 1 day (I am in Chennai).

I am Coming to the point directly. Here i am going to share my experience of using the tablet.

I do not want to tell about the specification, but i want to really comment on the tablet.

Tablet is awesome with ICS. I do not have any negative to say about this tablet. All the things are working fine including pinch zoom in Web Browser.

Important thing.. Most of them are thinking that this tablet will support only Tata Docomo. But this will support Reliance Netconnect+ also...

Yes guys, what i am saying is true, i tried with my reliance netconnect + and it is working fine.. even now i am messaging from the Tablet only with reliance netconnect +.

Will tell you how to do that.

1. Go to Settings--> Slect More--> then Mobile Networks
2. Enable Mobile network and also enable data while roaming.
3. With the given Extension card for connecting the USB port connect your Reliance.
4. Click on the Mobile networks, in that you can see "TATA" with the dial number #777.
5. Click that, it will go inside that option,
6. Then Scroll to the user name and password section.
7. Select and enter your user name and password of your Reliance(ie. MDN Number)
8. Then save and come out.

You will then automatically connected to the internet with the Reliance data card.

Enjoy... Happy Browsing.

Let me know your comments on this. If you have any Queries pls let me know

When I open access point names after connecting my Reliance Netconnect+ dongle, nothing is shown there. TATA APN is shown only when a TATA photon+ is connected.
I tried creating a new APN, but after creation it doesn't show up. :(
Please help.

vinayprasadv

Hi Guys,

I have ordered this MicroMax Funbook but as promised it didn't reached with 4GB internal storage but it got only 2GB of internal storage.

Can someone help me with this?? :cry::cry:

dwelsten

How to copy / cut paste from USB external SD card / pendrive to a Micro SD card in funbook?
I could see the cut/copy option but could not find "paste" option anywhere.
Can someone who is having Micromax funbook help me on this?

Regards
Dwelsten

SKB

Excellent review!! Very neatly explained everything. Just decided to go for FB. Cheers!!

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Good Device and a nice review Tenida :)
I was actually going for a Allwinner based Android stick to use with my TV which costs ~5k,
But looking at the price of Funbook, Looks like I have to change my decision. This device can be a good alternative to HDD Media players as it gives infinite options if you want to hook it to tv :D

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Good Device and a nice review Tenida :)
I was actually going for a Allwinner based Android stick to use with my TV which costs ~5k,
But looking at the price of Funbook, Looks like I have to change my decision. This device can be a good alternative to HDD Media players as it gives infinite options if you want to hook it to tv :D

Thanks buddy and yes it has HDMI port to connect to HDTV. :D

Nerevarine

Incarnate
when you connect it to your TV, does it get rendered at 1080p or does the image get rendered at 800x480 and stretched to 1080p.. can anyone please verify, by using a browser on tv

enticer86

Stay Silent!
Hi Guys,

I have ordered this MicroMax Funbook but as promised it didn't reached with 4GB internal storage but it got only 2GB of internal storage.

Can someone help me with this?? :cry::cry:

Its normal

Hi Guys,
Any suggestions for
7" Black Cover Case USB keyboard for android tablet (Brand New) Ipad Tablet MID | eBay
??

S_V

In the zone
@Tenida

Perfect Review mate.... Very useful info especially for the ones who considered to buy this device. Infact Your review made me to get one too.... usually I am not a fan of Tabs at all still I felt like that...

It's been 4 Months almost ...so What do you say? Is it Good and just as it is when Sealed opened? Do you see any issues after this time? Would be helpful if you answer to my questions..

Congrats once again and ALL THE BEST...

msn

खिड़की माने Windows
@OP - Nice Review. Any idea as to how to get the Tata Photon Dongle alongwith this ? I read somewhere that we need to pay somewhere around 500/- for the photon plus device. Is that true ?

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
@msn you will get a coupon inside the box which you must take to the tata photn plus provider in your area or i think it can also be done through online , steps are mentioned on the coupon to redeem the offer . yes u have to pay 500rs :)

tkin

Back to school!!
I am facing a terrible issue with FB, the battery stats are goofed up, my funbook still gives me 4.5hrs on pdf reading, but the battery starts @ 100% and goes down to 60% after 4.5hrs and the tab shuts off, its a bug, but its not getting fixed, no battery calibration tool works, piece of $hit cheap tab. The battery is ok, the battery reporting to OS is goofed.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Buddy i'm facing the same issue too. :( It starts at 100 % and shuts off at 60% like you said.

Tab has lots of other issues too and i too agree that its a $hit tab. I will point out some apart from the above battery issue.

1. While charging, the touchscreen malfunctions when reading pdf's. Pinch to zoom too malfunctions.

2. I have a feeling i'm getting even lower battery backup. Mine does not exceed 3 hrs with extremely moderate usage like reading pdf's and music. Before calibration issue, tab was getting shut off at 25% battery which is pathetic.

3. Screen quality is actually below par and too washed out and contradicts what's being said in this review. (No offense to anybody) There are other tabs at this price range with much better display quality.

4.Tab overheats a lot even when playing small games like temple run.

5. Sometimes it feels like the ROM isn't optimized enough with the hardware. With 512mb ddr3 ram, its sluggish a lot of times.

Really dissapointed overall. :(

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ Buddy i'm facing the same issue too. :( It starts at 100 % and shuts off at 60% like you said.

Tab has lots of other issues too and i too agree that its a $hit tab. I will point out some apart from the above battery issue.

1. While charging, the touchscreen malfunctions when reading pdf's. Pinch to zoom too malfunctions. ->Well known bug, charger rating is too high.

2. I have a feeling i'm getting even lower battery backup. Mine does not exceed 3 hrs with extremely moderate usage like reading pdf's and music. Before calibration issue, tab was getting shut off at 25% battery which is pathetic ->4hrs just pdf in Airplane Mode(turns off wifi scanning saves battery, try it), with music/normal mode 3hrs.

3. Screen quality is actually below par and too washed out and contradicts what's being said in this review. (No offense to anybody) There are other tabs at this price range with much better display quality. -> I was expecting this, so no issue for me.

4.Tab overheats a lot even when playing small games like temple run -> Again, knew this would happen, not an issue.

5. Sometimes it feels like the ROM isn't optimized enough with the hardware. With 512mb ddr3 ram, its sluggish a lot of times. ->Yeah, and a lot of crashes , specially at start up.

Really dissapointed overall. :(
I had given my answers in red, this sucks, I'll give mine to my parents, can't even sell this piece of $hit. Want to claim rma but all the apps, pdf etc will be gone(can't restore, what if the issue comes back).

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
My friend bought a Funbook, the looks are ok but the screen quality is disgusting. Battery is over with watching one 1080p movie.