Micromax FunBook Review

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Really nice review tenida bhai..yeah gud battery backup and sim facility could have given it 10/10.But its value for money ,we cant expect cake at price of toffee..

Krow

Crowman
Review is good. :)

But I don't feel like buying this at all. I don't like the idea of tablets and the word micromax puts me off to no end.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
yes i too not was interested before not now coz i was thinking to use this for entertaining purpose in long train journeys coz of its battery life...and main reason no sim card slot/facility there would be no wifi/3g/cdma everywhere but 2g is everywhere descent enough for surfing this forum so 2g was a must...

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Great Review :), I guess a better battery would've given it a 10/10.

Thanks and you are right about that. :razz:

Nice work with reveiw.
If it had phone and sim facility, It'd be 10/10 for me.
Still worth buying!

Thanks, Tablet with sim facility doesn't came cheap. Only Samsung Galaxy tab has that facility which costs sky-high.

Really nice review tenida bhai..yeah gud battery backup and sim facility could have given it 10/10.But its value for money ,we cant expect cake at price of toffee..

Thanks and yes good battery would have got 10/10 :)

Review is good. :)

But I don't feel like buying this at all. I don't like the idea of tablets and the word micromax puts me off to no end.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Tenida, really nice review. I like the facts like
i. It is very informative
ii. Detailed as almost everything is explained with Photo and videos.
iii. Almost all the aspects have been covered.
iv. One thing I really like is the fact that it is very much unbiased. Normally people get sentimental while reviewing their own product.

Good Job. Now I think we can expect a review of V6GT CPU cooler from you. :D

PS: Rep = Rep+1

R2K

In the Zone
One of the best detailed reviews ever came up in this forum. Good work !! :)
Still I can't believe how are they selling a tab with this much features for just Rs 6500/-
Even mobile phones with 5 % of those features/hardware in this tab cost more than 6.5k
There must sure be some catch somewhere !! :D
But still wonderful review and nice purchase.Congrats :)

srm_harish

Right off the assembly line
Re: Micromax FunBook Review - Using Reliance Netconnect+

Hi Guys, i am new to this forum. First of all thanks to all of your suggestions on buying Micro max Fun Book. I ordered from Snap deal and i got my Tablet 2 days back. Service of the Snap deal is awesome they delivered the product within 1 day (I am in Chennai).

I am Coming to the point directly. Here i am going to share my experience of using the tablet.

I do not want to tell about the specification, but i want to really comment on the tablet.

Tablet is awesome with ICS. I do not have any negative to say about this tablet. All the things are working fine including pinch zoom in Web Browser.

Important thing.. Most of them are thinking that this tablet will support only Tata Docomo. But this will support Reliance Netconnect+ also...

Yes guys, what i am saying is true, i tried with my reliance netconnect + and it is working fine.. even now i am messaging from the Tablet only with reliance netconnect +.

Will tell you how to do that.

1. Go to Settings--> Slect More--> then Mobile Networks
2. Enable Mobile network and also enable data while roaming.
3. With the given Extension card for connecting the USB port connect your Reliance.
4. Click on the Mobile networks, in that you can see "TATA" with the dial number #777.
5. Click that, it will go inside that option,
6. Then Scroll to the user name and password section.
7. Select and enter your user name and password of your Reliance(ie. MDN Number)
8. Then save and come out.

You will then automatically connected to the internet with the Reliance data card.

Enjoy... Happy Browsing.

Let me know your comments on this. If you have any Queries pls let me know

Cilus

laborare est orare
srm_harish, Thanks for the analysis.
Tenida, could you check that in your tablet and tell us if it's working or not. If it works then that is really a superb news as it increases the value of the tablet by a huge margin.

dr.pam

@sm_harish - thanks for the option of using reliance..i tried using it.. ireached upto step 7 entering the mdn nos..but m not able to save as m not getting an option to save n exit..pls help..

srm_harish

Dr. Pam, there will not be any save button, after typing the user name and password, press back and check your status bar.. you will see 3G signal bar over there and the it will get automatically connected

dr.pam

one more query..i am using a xp-sp3 laptop..funbook is not being recognized by my pc..how to transfer files?

GadgetGeek

Tenida, you had mentioned in one of your early comments that the device has a lot of bloatware / unnecessary data... can you please post process of removing all the bloatware on funbook? Will be helpful to andriod noobs like myself :)

varunparakh

Gamer in me

Hi Guys, i am new to this forum. First of all thanks to all of your suggestions on buying Micro max Fun Book. I ordered from Snap deal and i got my Tablet 2 days back. Service of the Snap deal is awesome they delivered the product within 1 day (I am in Chennai).

I am Coming to the point directly. Here i am going to share my experience of using the tablet.

I do not want to tell about the specification, but i want to really comment on the tablet.

Tablet is awesome with ICS. I do not have any negative to say about this tablet. All the things are working fine including pinch zoom in Web Browser.

Important thing.. Most of them are thinking that this tablet will support only Tata Docomo. But this will support Reliance Netconnect+ also...

Yes guys, what i am saying is true, i tried with my reliance netconnect + and it is working fine.. even now i am messaging from the Tablet only with reliance netconnect +.

Will tell you how to do that.

1. Go to Settings--> Slect More--> then Mobile Networks
2. Enable Mobile network and also enable data while roaming.
3. With the given Extension card for connecting the USB port connect your Reliance.
4. Click on the Mobile networks, in that you can see "TATA" with the dial number #777.
5. Click that, it will go inside that option,
6. Then Scroll to the user name and password section.
7. Select and enter your user name and password of your Reliance(ie. MDN Number)
8. Then save and come out.

You will then automatically connected to the internet with the Reliance data card.

Enjoy... Happy Browsing.

Let me know your comments on this. If you have any Queries pls let me know

Guys, this has to be the biggest find of the tablet. I am writing this from my tabet, which is directly connected to my data card with the cable I have got with funbook It is an unlocked idea net setter device, Huawei E1550 to be very precise. And with an aircel sim inside.

Trust me guys, this tab does suport more or less all the common datacards,. Thanks a ton to srm harish for the steps. An 8/10 device just became a 9/10 one. Go on and try out with your data card.

As of the photon + we have 5 plans to choose frm and need topay 500+100 toget the device and plans from 250 to 900 per month to choose from.

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak

Guys, this has to be the biggest find of the tablet. I am writing this from my tabet, which is directly connected to my data card with the cable I have got with funbook It is an unlocked idea net setter device, Huawei E1550 to be very precise. And with an aircel sim inside.

Trust me guys, this tab does suport more or less all the common datacards,. Thanks a ton to srm harish for the steps. An 8/10 device just became a 9/10 one. Go on and try out with your data card.

As of the photon + we have 5 plans to choose frm and need topay 500+100 toget the device and plans from 250 to 900 per month to choose from.

Good news man :))

arescool

Work is So Boring...
Phewww ......... this thread made me more and more temped towards buying this tab...
Just trying to resist as I already have "Playbook".... :cool:

But if few more people confirm here that this device is working with any data card then I am going to order it tomorrow :lol:

Top Bottom