Micromax FunBook Review

techlover

In the zone
All the people who have got this tablet ..please tell me ...how durable does this tablet look? ....I mean how much can we expect it to last if we use it regularly ..micromax mobiles don't have a good reputation when it comes to durability of the product ..has this tablet improved something? :-? :-?

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
All the people who have got this tablet ..please tell me ...how durable does this tablet look? ....I mean how much can we expect it to last if we use it regularly ..micromax mobiles don't have a good reputation when it comes to durability of the product ..has this tablet improved something? :-? :-?

Its build quality is good enough for daily use. And no body can tell how much an electronics product can last, its totally depend upon the owner, how well they care their tablet.

dr.pam

Right off the assembly line
@srm_harish -
thanks a lot:) am able to use reliance netconnect in full speed on funbook!
pls help in transferring the files from funbook to laptop n vice versa!

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Plus 1 to what tenida has mentioned, the user will decide the lfe span.

Btw guys, I have a couple of questions.
1. Where on eartf will I get a cover for funbook, atleast a pouch until mmx releases the cover,
2. Chrome does not start, dolphin quits by itself sometimes.
3. Touch does not work properly while on charging.

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
^^
1) Budget for pouch/cover?
2) Just try to hard reset the tablet
3) Don't install plenty of resource hogging application.

Wow I am very happy :hyper:

*i.imgur.com/LTZLa.png

varunparakh

Gamer in me
A good cover is all I want, within 1k max.
If I hard reset the tab, I'll loose all the apps I hvdownloaded, its a pain dwldng apps on a mediocre connection.

Congos for a pr1 feat :)

ritvij

rated R
very nicely written tenida.. you are seriously messing up with our minds..:p
what are the photon charges?? is it a 3g sim?
i know that this is offtopic,, but can anyone tell me that do i really need a tablet??
PS: Tenida.. won't it be nice that you do an article on this.. after your experience with a tablet.. do general users like us still need a tab if we have a good smart phone.

adihegde

Guys I am plannin to buy this champ....please tell me hows the web browsing on this device....is it worth the money...can we use custom rom on this? is tata photon giving gud data plans for this device,,,thanks in advance:mrgreen:

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
one more query..i am using a xp-sp3 laptop..funbook is not being recognized by my pc..how to transfer files?

Just download the android driver from web and update the driver from device manager. If the tablet is not detected at all, then might be the cable is faulty. My tab's usb cable from micromax was faulty, now using my LG mobile's cable.

arescool

Work is So Boring...
Just download the android driver from web and update the driver from device manager. If the tablet is not detected at all, then might be the cable is faulty. My tab's usb cable from micromax was faulty, now using my LG mobile's cable.

Guys ... dont worry about data transfer using data cable.
I find AirDroid as the best way to transfer data over wifi. Its slow though.
But Better then the hassles of wire.

satswid

Broken In
Thanks for the informative review dear.

Just a question. I am hearing allegations that Funbook does not have a built-in mic.
Can you test it and reply?

arescool

Work is So Boring...
@Tenida & others ... I am getting a little confused between
VeeDee D10s & MM Funbook....

Can you please suggest which one to go with ?

arescool

Work is So Boring...
I think both of them have same chinese hardware

Even I got to know this through this thread only . But there are some pros in favor of VeeDee D10s like :
1. No Hard button , only onscreen.
2. No bloatwares, Raw ICS.
3. 2 USB ports, (1 direct one + 1 micro USB )

Please give any cons or any other pros that I might be missing .

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
nice review TeniDa ! repped. sure you are enjoying the company of your new buddy.

manoj_299

Out of Stock
@Tenida & others ... I am getting a little confused between
VeeDee D10s & MM Funbook....

Can you please suggest which one to go with ?

Purchased Veedee D10 finally today from ebay after so much thinking for my friend (My friend asked me to buy Tab for him, he just told me budget and he trust my decision)

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Guys who want to buy VeeDee tabs, make sure its VeeDee D10e and not VeeDee D10. The D10e comes with capacitive touch buttons while the D10 comes with hardware buttons. There are some spec differences too, I'm not sure what they are exactly, but do check it out.

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Dr. Pam, there will not be any save button, after typing the user name and password, press back and check your status bar.. you will see 3G signal bar over there and the it will get automatically connected

Srm harsh, as i had posted, with the help of the given steps, i was able to connect my datacard, but now after i have factory reseted, the device, when i try to enter, name and apn (as i had done before) it is asking for MCC MNC nos(previously it had not asked of anything of the sort) as well, after googling a bit, i found 405-806 to be the nos, bt even after putting these, it does not save

Any idea ?

EDIT

S O L V E D

arescool

Work is So Boring...
Purchased Veedee D10 finally today from ebay after so much thinking for my friend (My friend asked me to buy Tab for him, he just told me budget and he trust my decision)

Manoj, can you compare the performance and specs of veedee d10s with Funbook... So that I can make my decision.

Thanks in advance :smile:

srm_harish

Srm harsh, as i had posted, with the help of the given steps, i was able to connect my datacard, but now after i have factory reseted, the device, when i try to enter, name and apn (as i had done before) it is asking for MCC MNC nos(previously it had not asked of anything of the sort) as well, after googling a bit, i found 405-806 to be the nos, bt even after putting these, it does not save

Any idea ?

Hi varunparakh

I think after resetting all the default settings are changing.. I will post my setting to you so that you can cross check with yours