MICROMAX Canvas LapTab launched at an affordable price of Rs.14,999/-

$hadow

Geek in making
[MENTION=159164]$hadow[/MENTION],I shall definitely post pics. and discuss the properties and experience of the MMX LapTab when I get hold in my hand.
Meanwhile you may have a look at this YouTube Video by Intellect Digest for review :--->
Detail Review by Rohit Khurana of Intellect Digest : Micromax Canvas LapTab

Thanks for the share man. And along that also do checkout for any ram or internal storage expansion options.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
[MENTION=140016]Reloaded[/MENTION], the Micromax Canvas LapTab should not be compared with a full fledged Laptop. It is a Hybrid device.Moreover with 2GB RAM you have some aspects of multitasking not fully.
Remember this device is not intended to run heavy multitasking functions ,nor it is used for running 3DMAX,MAYA,etc. high intensive graphics software or run high graphics intensive games. For Rs.15k,you get what you pay for,that too with full Windows-8.1 (upgrade to Windows-10) OS and Office Suite-365(For 1 year).In fact Microsoft has an intention(thinking stage only,business strategy)to provide Office Suite for free (THROUGHOUT LIFE)in Windows based 10"/8"/7" tablet devices.

Friend [MENTION=159164]$hadow[/MENTION],I am afraid that at this stage no Tablets or Hybrid devices have the capacity to change RAMS or SSD's as it happens on laptops.
The RAM module and SSD-(HD) module comes fixed with their preassigned capacities.
May be this will occur at 2020 onwards or so some years down the line.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Configuration is too low. With 2gb ram multitasking would be impossible.
I'm running Chrome (6 Tabs) + Task Manager + Keepass 2+ HW Monitor + Crystal Disk Info + Deluge + Networx+ Steam downloads in background + IDM in background on a laptop with 2 GB ram (32 bit Windows 8.1). Ram used is 53%. Don't know if that qualifies as multitasking.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

I'm running Chrome (6 Tabs) + Task Manager + Keepass 2+ HW Monitor + Crystal Disk Info + Deluge + Networx+ Steam downloads in background + IDM in background on a laptop with 2 GB ram (32 bit Windows 8.1). Ram used is 53%. Don't know if that qualifies as multitasking.

+++++11111........ Great comment [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION].
Thank you brother for the facts.

No offence taken. I am not advertising,nor insisting anyone to purchase Micromax Canvas LapTab.In fact this is going to be my 1st and the only device from Micromax. Whether I am happy for my purchase or I regret for the purchase is sole responsibility,wish,discretion and choice made by me. THANK YOU ALL.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
It's not the RAM rather the atom processor which can struggle to multi task. However, given the latest iteration of the chip along with optimisation of 8.1 for hybrid devices, i hope there shouldn't be any problem.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

It's not the RAM rather the atom processor which can struggle to multi task. However, given the latest iteration of the chip along with optimisation of 8.1 for hybrid devices, i hope there shouldn't be any problem.

This is the logical explanation by an expert.
In fact,Micromax Canvas LapTab LT666 is never a replacement for a laptop but may be regarded as an add on accessory to it.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

My First Micromax device in my life.

First and foremost I admit that I have no regrets nor any remorse on purchasing the Micromax Canvas LapTab.
It is really an amazing device at the price point of Rs.15,000/- (Rs.14,999/- to be precise)for me its Rs.13,500/-(Rs.13,499/- to be precise),as I purchased on 8th of May,2015 through the SBI Debit Card(visa) offer.Due to my utter negligence I lost Rs.750/- more on discount(actually I had downloaded the amazon app. onto my Tablet,but I booked+prepaid through Dolphin browser). Price would have come down to Rs.12,749/- to be precise.

Received the Package from Amazon through Aramex courier on Friday 15th of May 2015. I had also purchased a Samsung microSDXC card(Class 10) of 64GB capacity from Amazon,which was shipped on 13 th of May 2015.

Now for the pics. and reviews :--->
*img673.imageshack.us/img673/5628/IMkgDl.png

As usual robust packing by Amazon and prompt delivery by Aramex courier.

*img673.imageshack.us/img673/9914/2Ll9Vq.png

The fully sealed Micromax Canvas Laptab LT666 with the sealed Samsung microSDXC(class 10) 64GB card.

*img661.imageshack.us/img661/8715/aI3DHX.png

*img540.imageshack.us/img540/421/6ypUQZ.png

*img673.imageshack.us/img673/5302/L0atjS.png

*img538.imageshack.us/img538/6601/M8DIvn.png
Different shots from various angles to give you all an idea about the pack.
The info. given on the rear side of the box was exhaustive with details.

*img901.imageshack.us/img901/6952/eIZ697.png
Besides the Tablet and Keyboard dock,a no. of accessories were present in the box.
The Quick Start guide,Manual,SAR values info sheet,Warranty sheet.
A pair of earphones annexed with ear buds came with the package.
Also you get a usb to micro-usb charging/data cable.
A usb to micro-usb OTG cable.
A small pin device for insertion micro sim card or microSD/SDXC card.
A charger wall socket which is smaller in size with a blue led notification light amd Micromax logo. The charger socket size is similar to that of mobile/smartphones and not a bulky size that of the previous tablets.
The pouch that came is really awesome with a robust clothing material and a velvet touch on the the surface.It is unlike some soft velvet touch pouches that wears away easily and quickly. The velvet is soft but at the same time a little bit coarse type
(which wont hurt any skin surface or fingers or palm of ours...).

Now for our Friend [MENTION=159164]$hadow[/MENTION] :--->
The built up of this tablet + keyboard dock is really very,very sturdy and robust. It is quite a bit heavy to hold on the two of them for a long time(ON ONE HAND),but it is also easy for portability and carry to places.
The material is made up of very good plastic with a grey matte metallic finish.Tablet wont slip out of the hand(palm) easily if you hold normally.
The on/off, volume rocker switches are quite sturdy,tactile with no flexes at all. The keys feel a little bit hard to press,but no issues and problems.

*img901.imageshack.us/img901/963/dBZ5j1.png

*img538.imageshack.us/img538/9517/Zamdra.png

*img538.imageshack.us/img538/4449/Bm80GF.png

*img673.imageshack.us/img673/59/SmcuV4.png

The keyboard has chiclet type keys,separated well enough from each other. The usb port on the right hand side of the key board dock is a full sized usb port,but it seems an usb2.0 port not an usb3.0 port.
The trackpad is small enough which might seem a con for some but not for me or my spouse.

The magnetic keyboard dock easily sets up(means attaches the tablet to the dock) with ease and breeze. The Tablet remains tilted at a small angle,which is convenient for us to do work if kept on a level(convenient) surface.
It beats many of the Nettops available in the market as a good hybrid/2-in-1 device.
OF COURSE I AM NOT MAD TO COMPARE THIS WITH ASUS/HP/LENOVO/ACER,etc... which are well above placed in built up,functioning,aesthetics to a whole different level.
I am saying at similar PRICE POINT BUDGET.

This Micromax Canvas LapTab LT666 hybrid device I gifted to my spouse.
She is not interested to have any smartphone as of now,which I had discussed previously on a separate thread and section on this forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention,that the Samsung microSDXC card also came with a SD adapter for microSD. Very much useful/helpful for my DELL Inspiron 14 5447 laptop.

nav18

Broken In
I might get confused with new chromebooks and this one.
With full fledged windows onboard, two of my friends are confident to buy this device. :)
Their pricing is unbeatable at this moment like yureka had.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

I might get confused with new chromebooks and this one.
With full fledged windows onboard, two of my friends are confident to buy this device. :)
Their pricing is unbeatable at this moment like yureka had.

If you think ,think well, get feedback from your friends and then make a jumping decision to buy this. At least you won't regret on your purchase.
Chromebooks are really decent and exquisite,but for the present state of Broadband Internet in India,it is a skeptical buy,until and unless you shell out enough money for your Broadband Internet/3G/4G LTE network. That too won't be a guarantee for a justified and proper service in favour of your money...!!!???

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

It seems that I am the only one to own a Micromax Canvas LapTab LT666 (2 in 1 )here at this @TDF.
Come on Friends,if any of you had purchased this device,feel free to share your reviews,thoughts ,experiences on this. There is no need to feel shy or being ashamed.

$hadow

Geek in making
My gf purchased it and after using it for a full week which was away from my laptop completely made a feel like it is a device worth investing if you are in the market for this type of thing or else you won't find much to be pleased of.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

My gf purchased it and after using it for a full week which was away from my laptop completely made a feel like it is a device worth investing if you are in the market for this type of thing or else you won't find much to be pleased of.

This is the fact.
+1 to this...

ajayritik

Technomancer
It seems that I am the only one to own a Micromax Canvas LapTab LT666 (2 in 1 )here at this @TDF.
Come on Friends,if any of you had purchased this device,feel free to share your reviews,thoughts ,experiences on this. There is no need to feel shy or being ashamed.

More and more from your posts it looks as if you are promoter of this product.
Suggesting is one thing and trying to push for the product is something else.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

^Really,it's so awesome to hear the word promoter from your end.In fact I have purchased the company,and selling the products to like minded people as you,who doesn't read my previous posts and seems to totally misunderstand + misrepresent my statements.
Your comments need applauded by morons.

Top Bottom