Micromax A90, Micromax A100 or Sony Xperia Mini Pro-which one to go for?

rahuldude09

Broken In
Hello experts,

I have planned to buy an Android phone the coming week. I have shortlisted a few models and they are as follows:
  • Micromax A90
  • Sony Xperia Mini Pro
  • Micromax A100
I just cannot make up my mind which one to go for. The two devices from Micromax have dual SIM whereas Sony has one. Micromax handsets comes with Android ICS in-built whereas Sony runs Gingerbread but can be upgraded. The screen size of both the devices from Micromax are much larger than Sony (A100 is 5inch!). Battery power is not a matter of concern for me. Looks wise Sony is a little ahead of them. Micromax's AISHA voice recognition software is good and there is nothing of that sort in the Sony model. The only part which makes me think of Sony is the hardware keyboard. Its an added bonus. I am not so good with on-screen qwerty pads but I hope a larger screen would help.
Therefor I cannot make up my mind. Please tell me which one to opt for. Leave aside service center issues, I do not care.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
The Micromax A100 is on sale for 9.8k already on Maniac Store. This article should help you out in deciding which phone to buy:

Micromax Launches Funbook Pro, A100 and A90 Superfone | Gadgetronica

Last edited:

Empirial

Youngling
I'd say get Micromax A90. For 12k you're getting 4.3" AMOLED Screen, 8MP AF Camera, ICS & Dual Core CPU, what else do you need? Also, some may argue that A90 has only 262k Color Screen but the thing is that AMOLED Displays always look richer so inspite of 262k Color, display of A90 will look better then low quality 16M LCD Screen. A90 seems to have MediaTek aka MTK Dual Core Chipset.

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
I think both A90 and A100 are worth waiting a few more days just to check 'em out.

Otherwise, if you don't need more than 4 GB memory, you can grab the Sony Xperia U for 13k off ebay.in

OP
R

rahuldude09

Broken In
Well I would need a 4GB internal memory and that is present in both the Micromax devices and I saw none recommended the Sony Experia Mini Pro, so thanks for shortening the list. Still any more opinions ?

vbisht0

Right off the assembly line
Well I would need a 4GB internal memory and that is present in both the Micromax devices and I saw none recommended the Sony Experia Mini Pro, so thanks for shortening the list. Still any more opinions ?

I would suggest that you go for A100 Canvas if you are a person who doesn't really care about "Brand Name"...It is definitely a great device for the price....

Harprit

Right off the assembly line
GO FOR A90!!!!! It is a winner hands down! :)

Hello experts,

I have planned to buy an Android phone the coming week. I have shortlisted a few models and they are as follows:
  • Micromax A90
  • Sony Xperia Mini Pro
  • Micromax A100
I just cannot make up my mind which one to go for. The two devices from Micromax have dual SIM whereas Sony has one. Micromax handsets comes with Android ICS in-built whereas Sony runs Gingerbread but can be upgraded. The screen size of both the devices from Micromax are much larger than Sony (A100 is 5inch!). Battery power is not a matter of concern for me. Looks wise Sony is a little ahead of them. Micromax's AISHA voice recognition software is good and there is nothing of that sort in the Sony model. The only part which makes me think of Sony is the hardware keyboard. Its an added bonus. I am not so good with on-screen qwerty pads but I hope a larger screen would help.
Therefor I cannot make up my mind. Please tell me which one to opt for. Leave aside service center issues, I do not care.

I would suggest you to go for A90. And here are the reasons why:

1. It has an AMOLED screen. There are 3 benefits of this. What happens in normal screen is that when it displays black colour, the black lights are on. But in AMOLED screen, what happens is that the light in that area is switched off. So the black appears more dense black, other colors appear more vibrant and it saves a lot of power too.

2. As a result, its battery of 1600 mAh is sufficient for Avg to Med-High use. Although the A100 has a higher rated battery but it is not long lasting because it has a much larger screen and a noraml display to go with it. So A90 is a much much better option.

3. 8mp Camera is an added advantage. It is stunningly brilliant in outdoors, though in low light conditions, slight noise creeps in, which should not be of much concern, considering you are only paying 12-13K for it. Video quality is better than all its competitors in this price range. And if you are still sceptical about its camera, let me assure you that A90 comes with CMOS camera, which is only available inhigh end phones. It also has Point to focus feature, alongwith night mode, panoroma, etc etc. And it is always good to have a front camera.

4. A 4.3 inch sized screen is just about perfect in hand. All the buttons are perfectly placed. The only drawback being that there is no dedicated camera key.

5. The Audio quality is surprisingly amazing. It is loud enough, and ya, it doesnot sound like a china phone.

6. Micromax has pre rooted the phone, which is a great advantage as you can remove the unwanted apps if you want and free up more space.

7. The internal memory available to user is about 2.2 GB which is more than enough.

8. Dual sim is a great thing to have considering you can reap the benefits of 2 different service providers in one phone.

I have tried to keep this post in a very layman language so that it is easier to understand. :)
for any other assistance just drop in a mail...i'll be happy to help! :)

kool

Cyborg Agent
A90 - AF dont works, macro not works, single core, 3k costly

I m buying A100 within a week :)

Top Bottom