Micromax A120 Canvas HD Pro to come with 5.5-inch Full HD Display

Empirial

Youngling
Micromax A120 Canvas HD Pro, the successor of the popular A116 Canvas HD is all set to make its way to the big stage. The smartphone will compete against the likes of Samsung Galaxy Note II and the LG Optimus G Pro.

The upcoming A120 Canvas HD Pro will sport a 5.5" full HD display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, a quad-core Cortex A7 processor, PowerVR Series 5XT GPU and 2 GB of RAM. The main camera will do 13 Megapixel stills and will feature a dual LED flash, while the front-facer will have a 3.2 Megapixel sensor. Internal storage is rather limited at 8 GB, but you can expand it by up to 64 GB via the microSD card slot.

The dual-SIM MicroMax A120 smartphone will run on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean and will be powered by a 3,000mAh battery.

The Micromax A120 Canvas HD Pro is rumored to be launched on June 30 and with a price tag of INR20,000 (about $384).

Source : Micromax A120 Canvas HD Pro to come with 5.5-inch Full HD display - GSMArena.com news

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Full HD may very much stretch the hardware of this mobile. But with a pricetag of 20k, i have a feeling MMX is trying to jump too high.

roypurohit

Broken In
Mmx kinda killed local companies like lava karbonn..
Device seems good
MMX will rule on MNCs rather than local one.... MMX doing good job:goodjob: entering in competition with Samsung, Sony, LG, Apple...
but 5.5' screen is quite big, rather they should continue with 5' or less...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Within 2 months the price will come down to 12 - 13k after that they will launch new canvas series and first defect will be its FULL HD display

won't. what happened with Canvas, Canvas2 & CanvasHD? their price increased as stock depleted.

there are many who consider Micromax of the same level as Nokia/Samsung. they'll sell out 20k for a Micromax. But surely if MMX can sell even 10,000 units they'll easily pocket a sum of around 10 million.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
5.5" display? Is it a phone or a tablet? Pretty soon you'll have to use both hands just to hold it to your ear while making a phone call. :|

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Meeh!
Specs are okay, But again as sam said it's MMX.
But yea we will see sold out in 10-15 mins again.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
1920x1080 will stress the GPU like crazy..
alreaady it is taxing for 720p display

They shd have used MT6589T instead and provide the god damn KS

quagmire

Allllright !
Looks like rebranded import of UMI X2 Chinese phone..

Benchmarks of X2:

Quadrant Benchmark: 3857.
Antutu Benchmark : 11837.
Nenamark2 : 28.0 fps.
Linpack : Single 37, Multi 89.

Nenamark struggles obviously..

OP
Empirial

Empirial

Youngling
A friend call'd me in the morning & said,"Hey name some good phones available within 20k...I'll buy one today". So I told her to look at LG L9, NL720, SGSAD & SXL. After an hour she came to my residence & said,"Guess what I bought, CANVAS HD!!!". Errrrrrrr

pratyush997

Inactive
A friend call'd me in the morning & said,"Hey name some good phones available within 20k...I'll buy one today". So I told her to look at LG L9, NL720, SGSAD & SXL. After an hour she came to my residence & said,"Guess what I bought, CANVAS HD!!!". Errrrrrrr
She deserves a cookie made up of diamonds and a good facepalm for free.

Last edited:

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

And that's what my signature is about :p
A girl is someone who eyes an Iphone,wants a S3,Read's all good about Xperia and LG but at last ask's her Noob friend how is micromax and buys it

*tech2.in.com/news/smartphones/micromax-confirms-no-a120-canvas-hd-pro-in-the-works/872546

Top Bottom