Micromax A110 SuperFone Canvas 2 5″ IPS display dual-core Android 4.0 launching Oct

Tenida

Gadget Freak
is that cell good ? micromax one ? can we count on it ?

Yes I heard its good set. From past Funbook tablet experience I can tell you Micromax is a really good brand and its after-sales service is also up to the mark.
But before buying this set wait for igyaan review.

funskar

Padawan
rebrand ... saw it on FB
will search and post here but for me 512 RAM is a let down

Then wait for micromax a90+ which will b having 1gb ram amoled screen.
Btw 720p screen is also rumoured abt that..
A90+ likely to wall this christmas:-D

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Then wait for micromax a90+ which will b having 1gb ram amoled screen.
Btw 720p screen is also rumoured abt that..
A90+ likely to wall this christmas:-D

1GB will boast the performance in ICS or JELLYBEAM. But A110 surely the most feature-packed android device you can get within 10k which looks like a s3 and note 2 copy.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Micromax YU no ship A90S with 1 GB RAM..

Its confirmed guys, it has 512MB RAM too :(

BTW people, are there any Amlogic based PHones out there ? its a tried and tested cpu which has impressive capabilities, and the best part kernel source is out

ajaymailed

In the zone
1GB will boast the performance in ICS or JELLYBEAM. But A110 surely the most feature-packed android device you can get within 10k which looks like a s3 and note 2 copy.
I think i realise how these Cos have bought down The Giant Nokia to its knees in lower priced segment. A definite warning to lower, mid to lower priced Androids, anything less than dual core/768 MB RAM/5 MPCam will be competing these devices which is not a good scenario for makers like HTC, Sony etc,

I ve been telling my friends about this, but they are just unwilling trust Indian brands with smartphones. Last year, i was laughing with my friends making fun of buying smartphones from Lava, few days later i was pleasantly shocked to see Lava Xolo X900.:shock::shock:.

just have a look at Micromax A57 Ninja Specs
480X320, 3.5 inch screen, 3.2 MP Cam, 1 Ghz Proc, Adreno 200 GPU, 512 MB RAM, 256 MB Internal Storage, SD Card Slot.
and phone is priced at Rs 5000.

even if its decently good build, smooth, its going to slaughter all budget androids around 10 K Price. They are breaking all the price barriers, redefining the smartphone Android experience.

although offtopic, i cant stop myself posting this video.

el cheapo Micromax A50 AISHA vs iPhone 4S Siri

no wonder Google Now was so good on Jelly Bean.

A110 benchmarks look encouraging, Nenamark 25.6 FPS, Linpack 63 MFLOPS, Quadrant 2710, AnTuTu - 4580. These Scores are comparable to dual cores like Xperia U, Sola, LG Optimus 2X.
Another video- A110 flawlessly playing NFS-Most wanted, Modern Combat 3, 720p video playback. (no 1080p playback though)

The el-cheapo Mediatek Chipset has done it, its power is comparable to lower-end dual cores like Nova Thor U8500 powering Xperia U/Sola, Nvidia Tegra 2 etc. Although 1 GB RAM, 1080p recording/playback would have made a killer superphone. A110 is undisputed champion at 10K Price. btw even the Xperia U, Sola cant handle 1080p video playback with stock video player.

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
even the Xperia U, Sola cant handle 1080p video playback with stock video player.

When it comes to branded phones, if they dont support 1080p playback, my friends are like .. "meh.. its still an awesome phone"
But when it's a desi phone without 1080p playback.. "OMG NO, that phone is ****..it cant even play 1080p videos.. what good is it"
lol

But the fact still remains, no KS from MMX, No Cyanogenmod, No Jellybean :(
Even if we convince MMX to release it, then it's still a nogo because mediatek itself hasnt released it for any of it's devices

ajaymailed

In the zone
When it comes to branded phones, if they dont support 1080p playback, my friends are like .. "meh.. its still an awesome phone"
But when it's a desi phone without 1080p playback.. "OMG NO, that phone is ****..it cant even play 1080p videos.. what good is it"
lol But the fact still remains, no KS from MMX, No Cyanogenmod, No Jellybean :(
Even if we convince MMX to release it, then it's still a nogo because mediatek itself hasnt released it for any of it's devices
I think MMX doesnt care much considering average user wouldnt root his phone, would not buy phone based on developer support. They would be keen on encashing the wow factor with these giant 5 inch screen phones. The same wow factor Galaxy Flagships have.

Top Bottom