MIC IN recording volume low

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenaguru

Broken In
I use Pentium D 2.66 with 102GGC2 motherboard with Realtek HD audio with 1GB ram. My problem is when I record (in Adobe Audition 1.5) through LINE IN input from a cassette or cd player or FM player the volume level of recorded piece is just fine. But when recording through MIC IN input from a SHURE SM58 microphone the volume level is very very low even with top position of volume slider in recording control of mic in in the windows mixer panel. With same settings MIC IN gives -30db to -20db whereas LINE IN gives -1db. I tried with microphone inserting in the LINE IN jack with NO improvement.

Can anybody please tell me the reason? Is there any configuration fault or other? Is there any solution to up the volume level of microphone recording? Or the solution is buying a new costly soundcard or mic-preamplifier?

Thanks and best wishes to all members of this forum.
jenaguru.

sincerely sorry.
jenaguru.

Last edited:

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
Don't know why this happen but the solution is you can always amplify the sound in Audition(to some extent) ;-)

OP
J

jenaguru

Broken In
Yes blueshift. I can amplify it in Audition.
But then the problem is as I am not recording in a studio setup, the background noise is also simultaneously amplified. Then again I can reduce noise in Audition. True. But after noise reduction the quality of recorded voice is not that good. So the problem remains.
Any suggestion?

Anyway thanks for reply. Bye.
jenaguru.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom