Metro Exodus

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Completed every weapon part, every side quest, got good ending by doing extra stuff, Even returned to Caspian because I missed sniper scope. Still its too short.14-16 hours in total.
I play in hardcore (one level below ranger I think).. The second last difficulty setting

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
I started a long time back i guessed in november just played 4-5 hrs switched to other games looking back to play it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
BTW, is there any way to use the knife? I have this problem with the game throwing hoards of monsters at you at the worst times. Ammo is pretty hard to come by and crafting ammo is pretty expensive. So, if you get swarmed by monsters when you are low on ammo, that is pretty much a death sentence. To craft enough ammo, you need a lot of crafting materials, and if you don't have enough, you have to go foraging, and if you get swarmed when foraging, you have no means to defend yourself. You could run, but you will want to come back sooner or later to get the materials and you have no ammo. What sucks most is that this also happens a lot during scripted sequences.

In such a case you have to resort to bludgeoning your enemies with melee attacks which are not very strong and I have not been able to use the knife which I have seen Artyom pick up and use in various cut-scenes. Am I missing something or is the knife really not equipable and only usable in stealth kills?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Do you mean throwing knives ? they are meant to be thrown I think ? They are one hit kill always, and you can pick them up.
Use proper weapons and you wont run out of ammo, go for headshots only. The bastard gun is the worst gun in this game because it uses the same ammo as the revolver. Since revolver is slow firing, using up that ammo is okay but bastard in full auto will completely drain your wallet. Plus to craft the ammo, you can only craft in batches of 6, compared to kalash ammo which is in batches of 30 or 15 i think. I feel this was a complete oversight by developers, there is literally no point of using the bastard at all.
My loadout in early Revolver with supressor and 4x scope, kalash with suppressor with red dot, and tihar (default)

One major bug that probably hasnt been fixed is, if you pick up say a 4x scope and attach it to your revolver, and then pick up another and attach it to your kalash, later on, if you change any of the gun's 4x scope to a red dot, you will not be able to reequip that 4x again. The game only gives you one of each attachment to attach to your guns.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
14~15hrs of gameplay is normal for me, where I can finish and start another game during my gaming session :D

Is it scary at some points ? I mean like the first one where it was for a particular stage.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
14~15hrs of gameplay is normal for me, where I can finish and start another game during my gaming session :D

Is it scary at some points ? I mean like the first one where it was for a particular stage.

It can get very scary sometimes i think metro series is meant to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Do you mean throwing knives ?
No, the trench knife that he uses to stab during the QTE events. But you cannot actually equip it. I think it would be a good backup melee weapon when your ammo runs out and it always does at some point. I just realized, there are no melee weapons equippable in the game. In worst case, you just have to melee with your equipped weapon.

The bastard gun is the worst gun
I don't use it because it has piss poor damage compared to the revolver despite the same ammo.

My loadout in early Revolver with supressor and 4x scope
It's surprisingly effective as a sniper rifle and with the rapid fire cylinder it can also be used in close quarters in an emergency.

kalash ammo which is in batches of 30
Yeah, Kalash ammo is crafted in batches of 30 but it also takes higher amount of crafting materials. I feel shotguns have better value owing to high damage and low fire rate.
One major bug that probably hasnt been fixed is, if you pick up say a 4x scope and attach it to your revolver, and then pick up another and attach it to your kalash, later on, if you change any of the gun's 4x scope to a red dot, you will not be able to reequip that 4x again. The game only gives you one of each attachment to attach to your guns.
I think this is true, but not sure if its a bug or deliberate design. IIRC, you can equip RDS on both the Kalash and the Tikhar and they will both have it but not so with the 4x. But I could be imagining things.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
In the early game I had revolver with 4x, kalash with 4x, when i went indoors i switched kalash with red dot and the 4x vanished and I couldnt reequip it again unless i unequip the one with the revolver.. Pissed me off.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I like the real challenge in Metro games for the scarcity of ammo, not like casual FPS games where u get ammo at each point.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
In the early game I had revolver with 4x, kalash with 4x, when i went indoors i switched kalash with red dot and the 4x vanished and I couldnt reequip it again unless i unequip the one with the revolver.. Pissed me off.
i cant find any scope in the game where to get the scope?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
i cant find any scope in the game where to get the scope?
I don't remember where I found mine but I suggest you go to all optional areas and loot every nook and cranny and you will find it eventually. I found it in the Volga area itself.

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The comm center mission with the spiders was kind of creepy. Reminds me of the Librarians from Metro 2033.
Caspian gives the 6x scope which you can attach only to very specific guns. Kinda useless
I got it after killing that sniper at the top of the crane. I sniped him from the same spot where Anna briefs us about the surrounding area with a Valve rifle and NV scope. Then went and collected the loot. It's a good scope for the sniper rifle, not so much for the Tikhar.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
The comm center mission with the spiders was kind of creepy. Reminds me of the Librarians from Metro 2033.I got it after killing that sniper at the top of the crane. I sniped him from the same spot where Anna briefs us about the surrounding area with a Valve rifle and NV scope. Then went and collected the loot. It's a good scope for the sniper rifle, not so much for the Tikhar.

Yeah I had stealth playthrough in mind, and since you cant attach 6x to revolver, it wasnt of much use to me.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Finished the main campaign finally. Now I know what you mean by its campaign being short. Took me 26 hours, but it feels short still. Now the DLCs are left.

Top Bottom