Methods to grow taller

Status
Not open for further replies.

sub1zero

Broken In
By doing pull-ups and skipping can a person to grow taller? I really want to gain some height before my puberty stops. Right now I am 5'7 and a half. My mom is around 5 feet and dad around 5'7. Don't give me reasons like your height is determined by genes and stuff. If that was the case then most of the NBA players parents would practically be giants. And please. No supplements like protein powder. Physical excercises is what I am looking. Do suggest some. Much appreciated. Peace

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Tough one. You know the answer but you do not like it. Do you know any NBA players who's parents are five to five and a half feet tall

chicha

High without substance...
if you are a guy and are below 20 years then skipping, swimming and pull ups will help, i have also heard that going to gym and working out with weights will stop your growth, i am not sure of this. but skipping, swimming and pull ups will help you to some extent.

OP
S

sub1zero

Broken In
Right. Some NBA players are over 6''6 and even 7. Surely their parents can't have their height around 6ft. Surely?

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Play sports that employ stretching the most like Basketball, Volleyball, Badminton and Tennis. Eat bananas, some say they help. My best way is to stretch urself between 2 bikes. ;) :D

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Right. Some NBA players are over 6''6 and even 7. Surely their parents can't have their height around 6ft. Surely?

So are they five to five and a half feet. If you notice most NBA players are black, and in the African races you have both - very tall people and very short people. It is genetic in the sense that I am yet to see a person born of parent five feet tall to cross six feet in height. From what I have seen, a foot more than your parents is the maximum under normal circumstances.

Maybe you should start playing basketball :p

OP
S

sub1zero

Broken In
Heh. Yeah. But I should still be able to grow taller than 5'7. There are a few exceptions in the NBA white men as well. Steve Nash for one. I want to grow to a height somewhat close to 6ft if not more. I am 18 now. While thanks to studies I haven't played sports with as much fervour and enthu as when I was younger I can say that I am not a dork either. Can run fast and I am a decent athlete. Yeah and I played basketball for my school team(not that I was particularly good at it :D ...but I was quick and tough)

Right now, I am just doing pull-ups(max I can manage at a single time is around 10 to 12 :(). The stretching between 2 bikes is a good one. :D How tall are you guys?

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Never picked up a dumbbell and rarely swam until 18 and my only forms of exertion were football & cycling. I was 6'1" back then and in the past 6 years of working out, I've gone up an inch.
I think its in your DNA/genes/whatever. I know some guys who are shorter than their dad while others who are towering giants.

My dad is 5' 11". Going by NucleusKore's logic, shouldn't I be able to go upto a maximum of 7' ? :p
But I am still my dad's hight. And I am 17.5 years old. Only 3 years left before I am stuck with this horrible hight.

mediator

Technomancer
Pull ups do help and also, all the free exercises, basketball, football, jogging, cycling etc plenty of sleep and healthy food, after all we exercise so that we can eat heartily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom