Metal gear solid v: The phantom pain

OP
Cyberghost

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Metal Gear Solid 5 has the best birthday easter egg ever

Those of you who have played Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain will know that you are required to enter your birthday (or at least, what you claim is your birthday) during the game's introduction. As it turns out, there's a reason.

The video posted by YouTuber whatisface (happy birthday to them, by the way) is unexpected, bizarre, and oddly touching, too. Because your birthday is Snake's birthday, and when it's Snake's birthday, there's a party. There's even cake! So happy birthday to you, Snake, and to everyone who shares it. How thoughtful of the Mother Base crew to surprise you.

Source: PC Gamer

yuri999

Right off the assembly line
The people who got a PC retail copy... did you get any DLC when you activated the game? I only know there was no Day 1 edition on PC but what about the DLC?

Steam preorders did get it but it gets really unclear whether the retail boxes got it or not. Amazon India advertised providing the dlc code with the pc copy but removed it after almost a week.

Pasapa

Live to die another day
The people who got a PC retail copy... did you get any DLC when you activated the game? I only know there was no Day 1 edition on PC but what about the DLC?

Steam preorders did get it but it gets really unclear whether the retail boxes got it or not. Amazon India advertised providing the dlc code with the pc copy but removed it after almost a week.
Nope no dlc.

yuri999

You need to start the game first to see the dlc content. You will be greeted with messages that the dlcs activated. You will get everything except Ground Zeroes
So was extra cd key for the dlc given or does the game key unlock it on starting the game?

yuri999

Yes game key unlock all the DLC items when starting the game
Thanks for the info. Now I can cancel my amazon preorder from the 20th at 999 and accept the order done on the 31st at 949.

I was thinking that since Amazon had removed the "preorder now and get dlc free" after the 26th that I should keep that copy instead of the one made at the end.

Kaltrops

In the zone
If you bought the game from India then yes it is region locked you can only activate and play only in India.

Proof:

*i.imgur.com/yXGBkh2.jpg?1

No, you can only redeem the code in India but once you've linked it to your Steam ID, you can play anywhere in the world.

Top Bottom