Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Discussion Thread

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^It's pretty easy once you know how to time things. I was frustrated initially but after learning the trick it got so much more rewarding.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
well its pretty fun so far, nice satire and action. It's a little hard to figure out the combat system since the game does not give any help at all

gameranand

Living to Play
^^It's pretty easy once you know how to time things. I was frustrated initially but after learning the trick it got so much more rewarding.

Will try that. Thanks.
Still I feel like I am not made for Hack n Slash genre. I enjoy the game but I find it hard to master them.
RPGs, RTS etc are piece of cake for me. :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Will try that. Thanks.
Still I feel like I am not made for Hack n Slash genre. I enjoy the game but I find it hard to master them.
RPGs, RTS etc are piece of cake for me. :)

Just learn to hit normal attach and the direction key (towards enemy) at the same time when you see enemy attacking you. You can spam these two keys too. Eventually you will get the timing.

One more thing, Raiden's blade can parry almost everything in this game. A savior during boss fights.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Boss battle gets instantly super hard. Basically you have to utilize every skill you learned before.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Finally went to a couple of message boards and they told me to set the game resolution to 800X640, this would ensure that the game ran at a full 60fps. Well dodging and all did become easier and the quicktime events towards the end (that would give me milliseconds to react when running at lower than 60fps) suddenly became a lot more doable.

The fight itself is more about parrying all the moves, dodging the blast effects and being able to use blade mode properly on the thrown junk (which gives off good amounts of health). Takes effort but is pretty doable.

BTW just figured out that the PC version comes with the jetstream sam and wolf DLCs, so essentially you can see the story from their point of view. Will need to give this a shot

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hi guys
need help

i m stuck on level R-06: Boss Fight: JetStream Sam

how do u guys parry all his attacks?

give me some tips

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^He is probably the easiest boss. Just parry spam with direction + light hit.

How did you even manage to defeat monsoon if you are facing difficulty with Sam ?

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

^^He is probably the easiest boss. Just parry spam with direction + light hit.
How did you even manage to defeat monsoon if you are facing difficulty with Sam ?

Monsoon was tough but finally succeeded
but I am facing difficulty in tracking Sam's attack movements...

and most of the time get stunned with BMI Error :-(

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
[MENTION=88006]sam[/MENTION] has a few standard attacks, and you'll know when he is going to use what (startup animation, sound etc), just be sure to keep him in your view for most of the time. As soon as he comes near spam direction + light attack, that's all there is to it. You'll have to be patient though, you can't just rush him and expect to live. BTW keep running around (ninja run) that way you'll avoid more of his attacks.

very cool character though makes you almost feel bad about taking him down

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
[MENTION=34930]Zangetsu[/MENTION]: I've been playing this with the keyboard and mouse combo too. I've pretty much played all major hack and slash games using the kb/mouse combo, so don't worry it's just a matter of learning it

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

[MENTION=34930]Zangetsu[/MENTION]: I've been playing this with the keyboard and mouse combo too. I've pretty much played all major hack and slash games using the kb/mouse combo, so don't worry it's just a matter of learning it

Ok thanks...

and Sam has one unblockable 4 hit combo attack.....he slashes rapidly which can't be blocked

- - - Updated - - -

Ah...at last succeeded the fight
had to try multiple times to get my timing right

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Finally Completed this game...took 11 hours to complete

My Review:
Well the game starts with a new hero named "Raiden" a.k.a Jack the Ripper
Our protagonist is a handicapped Hero (oh! really)..yes with a broken (metallic) jaw,eye patch and a fully transformed Cyborg body (reminds me of Nomad)...and a bar code printed on forehead(uhhhh..delivery package :yuck:)..hair is white (refer: Samanoske a.k.a Onimusha)
but his style & actions are cool (refer: Dante) only I thing I didn't liked is the voice (sounds like a crappy speaker)..anyways
The blade he holds is a Katana..but looks like fully charged Bashido Blade (Hell yeah!!!)

Graphics is excellent but not over the top and Konami has used the engine well for optimizing the performance & deliver a good graphics..
indoor graphics is marvelous even the character detailing and CGI cut-scenes are awesome to watch (thanks to excellent cinematography..u can see the full blade detail during cut-scenes) but outdoor textures are really bad (trees & mountains etc)

Gameplay is superb...u get a Boss Fight in each mission ending and Bosses are unique and brilliant designed (Wolf,Sam,Monsoon etc) and yes some Boss Fights are hard which will need u to master Parry & counter attacks (which is the USP of this game).
u can slash almost all objects to many tiny pieces and at any angle u want...there is one Blade Mode and Zandatsu (hehe.I like this name) which slows down time and makes slicing enemies easier and obviously weapons and its combos
and to master the game u can anytime play VR Trainings
some of the Boss Fights are Epic such as the Last Boss Fight with Armstrong Senator

Sound is also good specially the rock metal background music played during combats and yeah I like the end credits song

Story is normal and not so gr8...they have also shown "Pakistan" in news

Overall its a good game
My rating: 7.5/10

This Hero deserves a ranking in H&S hero titles (Kratos,Dante,Hayabusa etc)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
These are good
[YOUTUBE]CevzIXAtX2g[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]_r9N97aAqqg[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]LGIcl_tUFss[/YOUTUBE]

aniket.cain

Padawan
Guys,

I am having a problem. After playing this game a few hours, my monitor is getting a semi-permanent 'burn'. As I type this, the screen flickers where the health bar should have been in the game. It was faint after the afternoon session, but in the evening I played again for an hour, and now it has become much more noticeable. It seems to be going away, though veryyy slowly. Anybody here has faced this issue? I have a Dell S2240L.

Thanks!

Top Bottom