Metal-clad Samsung Galaxy J goes official in Taiwan

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
Okay folks, so for the first time Samsung sheds its cheap plastic image with this model. I have never used a Samsung phone nor will I ever buy unless it fits my needs but I am curious as to how this thing works out for Samsung team. Given that they have a reputation for bad, no wait, Really Bad design choices in the past.

IMHO an HTC, Nokia and anything Apple still rules in terms of design but in terms of day-to-day usage I've found out that Samsung design is effing good. Plastic doesn't heats up as bad as metal and neither does it break unlike metal which is a sucker for physical damage(mechanical shocks)
GSMArena said:
The Samsung Galaxy J, a Galaxy S4 LTE-A version with a metal body, has launched in Japan and following a number of leaks it is now official for Taiwan. Here's the first promo video from Samsung Taiwan

The phone, which presumably is here to test the waters for a metal Galaxy S5, costs TWD 21,900 unlocked ($740) and will be available next week in Red and White. The Samsung Galaxy J will also be available on contract with the four major Taiwan carriers starting at TWD7,990 ($300) with TWD 1300 ($45) monthly tax.

*cdn.gsmarena.com/vv/newsimg/13/12/galaxy-j-taiwan/gsmarena_001.jpg​

The Galaxy J packs a 5" 1080p Super AMOLED screen, Snapdragon 800 chipset (quad-core Krait 400 @ 2.3GHz, Adreno 330), 3GB RAM (rather than 2GB on the regular S4 LTE-A) and a 13MP camera.

Source

The first report which originally spread the word seems to be this, Samsung shows off something 'Just for you' in short video|androidcentral

Top Bottom