Mercury 845Gl Ndsmx display driver issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

reniarahim1

Youngling
I am facing the following issues in my mercury 845GL NDSMX mother board,
1. Its not showing the resolution of 1400x900 in windows xp even though it is showing resolutions above that.i installed my monitor driver cd also but it also solve the problem.
2.I am unable to get the display drivers for the same for vista.from where can i download the drivers?

aswin1

Journeyman
Older motherboards dont support resolution of 1400x900. Not likely to support vista either.
Install a graphic card if you have an AGP slot or go for a new motherboard.

OP
reniarahim1

reniarahim1

Youngling
The board has a DVO slot (w/o AGP support) it says as per the user manual. is there any graphics card available in market now for this board with 1400x900 resolution support as well as vista support?

Or is there graphics card which can be used in PCI slot?

Last edited:

aswin1

Journeyman
DVO slot is of no use. Very difficult to get a PCI graphics card. Even if you get one it wont support 1400x900 resolution.

OP
reniarahim1

reniarahim1

Youngling
I am getting the Resolutuion of 1400x900 in Ubuntu but not in Windows..Why???? :confused:
In case windows dont support this resolution on my 845GL motherboard, please suggest the cheapest PCI graphics card that support this resolution as well as vista. I don't use the system for any Games or 3D purposes and all. Normal Movies, browsing and thats all..

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Hard to say that, just change ur Mobo with a good IGP like nVIDIA 7150/630i chipset.. I have a ASUS Mobo with 7050 NVIDIA IGP which supports that resolutions at ease... So go for a change man.... It'd roughly costs u abt 2.5k(+/- 300) or a bit more..
XFX 630i - 3.2k
Palit N73V - 2.7k
ASUS P5N-MX - 2.5k
Zebronics NF7050 - 2.2k
Choice is urs........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom