Memory Upgrade

TechPlex

Multiplex Of Technology
Yo friends! I have got a 1 GB and 512 MB DDR 2 RAM both clocked at 667 MHz currently on my laptop. So that the frequency and RAM type my Motherboard is compatible with. I want your help to know the prices for 1 GB and 2 GB DDR 2 RAM chips for my laptop. And do tell me which will be the best chip in terms of warranty and quality of performance. (though I know that most companies don't provide warranty on RAM chips.) Strictly reputed brands would be awesome. And someone can let me know where I can buy it in Pune, that would be more awesome. Just tell me if there is someone.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Yo friends! I have got a 1 GB and 512 MB DDR 2 RAM both clocked at 667 MHz currently on my laptop. So that the frequency and RAM type my Motherboard is compatible with. I want your help to know the prices for 1 GB and 2 GB DDR 2 RAM chips for my laptop. And do tell me which will be the best chip in terms of warranty and quality of performance. (though I know that most companies don't provide warranty on RAM chips.) Strictly reputed brands would be awesome. And someone can let me know where I can buy it in Pune, that would be more awesome. Just tell me if there is someone.
Laptops normally have two DIMM memory slots and one of them is already occupied by the 1 GB modules. S0 try to get a 2 GB module, preferably running at 667 MHz. If you are not able to find it then get 800 NHz one but it will be underclocked to 667 MHz (the speed of the lowest speed module).

And today's most of the Ram makers, not necessarily the top brands like Corsair, Kingston or Gskill, provide standard 3 Years of warranty. And in laptop rams, performace difference is not that much among the different brands as in case of desktops.

the 2 GB modules from Kingston, Transcend will cost you around 1.4K to 1.6K. Corsair 2 GB 800 MHz modules are available around 2K

OP
TechPlex

TechPlex

Multiplex Of Technology
Exactly! my laptop has got two DIMM slots. Thanks! I want more so I will go for 2 GB module. Anyone knows if I can buy it online.

Cilus

laborare est orare
You can try techshop.in. The Corsair memory module @ 2K I've suggested is present in their site.

OP
TechPlex

TechPlex

Multiplex Of Technology
But I have a doubt whether the 800 MHz chips will work work fine or not. To be true I don't have much knowledge about the clock frequencies. But I have read somewhere that even if the memory module is clocked at a more higher speed than what is supported by the motherboard, it will be clocked at 667 MHz which is the limit in my case. Is it so?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
But I have a doubt whether the 800 MHz chips will work work fine or not. To be true I don't have much knowledge about the clock frequencies. But I have read somewhere that even if the memory module is clocked at a more higher speed than what is supported by the motherboard, it will be clocked at 667 MHz which is the limit in my case. Is it so?

:thumbs: your reading is not wrong....

Top Bottom