Memory Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

koshyjohn

Developer
Source: *koshyjohn.com/software/memclean.html​

*koshyjohn.com/images/sw_memclean.jpg​

Tech-savvy folk are divided over whether memory cleaning tools are of any use because Windows (Vista upwards at least) manage memory quite well. I am inclined to side with those who say that memory cleaning tools are useless because many of them use ill-advised techniques.

Memory Cleaner does not claim to be much better. It is no where near as revolutionary as DiskMax or neoSearch. But, quite honestly, I think you should try it out - you will find it quite refreshing.

Feature List
  1. Trims processes' working set.
  2. Clears system cache.
  3. Monitors RAM usage and reports minimum, maximum and average (true average, not (min+max)/2).
  4. Reports Pagefile and virtual memory usage.
*koshyjohn.com/images/dloadnow.png​

(Size: 375KB; Version: 1.00; official launch date: 01 May 2009)
(as usual, link-backs will be given to reviewers if a review is brought to my notice)​

OP
koshyjohn

koshyjohn

Developer
reported for spamming.... his blog...
How is this spamming?

It is a program which I feel will be of interest to the members at this forum. I've mentioned the primary source and it should be pretty obvious that it is my program. The URL is not masked in anyway. Nobody complained when I shared my other programs before - they were of genuine use to the members here. Maybe I should have waited until the program got listed on download.com or softpedia.

Btw, it is not my blog. It is my website. But lets take it as equivalent to being a blog.
Forum Rules said:
Please do not cite your personal blogs as sources if you haven't written the content yourself.
The content posted was written by me. The program was created by me. And it is the primary source.

It is vigilant members like you who keep the forum clean, and we are grateful, but maybe you should consider the spirit of the rules at the forum rather than follow it as it suits you.

Pretty good!
I have already started using it
Thanks for the vote of confidence! :)

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
How is this spamming?

It is a program which I feel will be of interest to the members at this forum. I've mentioned the primary source and it should be pretty obvious that it is my program. The URL is not masked in anyway. Nobody complained when I shared my other programs before - they were of genuine use to the members here. Maybe I should have waited until the program got listed on download.com or softpedia.

Btw, it is not my blog. It is my website. But lets take it as equivalent to being a blog.

this aint the right place to post the software...

and sorry ... for CITING YOUR WEBSITE AS BLOG... nowadays very few only start a website.. , mostly go for instant blog

u could post it in the chitchat section

since spamming has found its home place "TDF " any new user post is considerred to be spam...

sorry for that...

anyway hats off for your software...

and regarding the itchy finger syndrome... :razz: - yeah its quite tough to weed out the good ones from bad ones.... LOL

Indyan

Here Since 2003
What do you mean by Trims processes' working set?
I have found that most ram cleaning tools simply slow down your system by deleting the cache memory.

Indyan

Here Since 2003
What do you mean by Trims processes' working set?
I have found that most ram cleaning tools simply slow down your system by deleting the cache memory.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ya, I also want to about the function TRIM process working set ?

Don't take it wrong way. For me it just looks like advertisement of your other two softs .

The only thing it does is show the ram usage in a fancy way but that is not a very function.

OP
koshyjohn

koshyjohn

Developer
A process' working set is a collection of pages in the process' address space that have been recently referenced. When a process is created, a working set is created with a default minimum (reserved) and maximum working set size (possible). It is possible for the application programmer to decide what the minimum and maximum working set for his process is but most leave it at default.

The working set grows (within the maximum limit) as the process starts working with more data. Windows does not shrink (..not immediately) the working set when the process goes back to a state where it only requires a smaller working set.

What MemClean does is that it calls a function in the Windows process api to optimize the size of the working set by removing unused pages from it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@naveen_reloaded
No problems dude, I know you were acting in good faith..

@Indyan
Hope that my explanation is satisfactory.

@topgear
Absolutely. It is advertisement for my other programs. Anyway, this is all a memory cleaner can do safely without disturbing system performance. I can also do things like identifying the processes using most memory, etc. But users can find that out easily from Task Manager - why reinvent the wheel.

@kickout1434
From my short trial of TU2009, there is no memory cleaner in it. And it runs a service constantly in the background, defragging as it pleases among God knows what else. Just like Chrome's googleupdater (can't figure out how to disable the googleupdater thing though)!

Last edited:

Indyan

Here Since 2003
I am back home for the summer holidays and am using my old PC. And man you software is working like magic! I also wrote a review of it on my blog.
Do coninue developing this. An automatic optimisation process would be nice (it should kick in at a userspecified threshold provided that the present cpu usage isnt very high).

OP
koshyjohn

koshyjohn

Developer
I am back home for the summer holidays and am using my old PC. And man you software is working like magic! I also wrote a review of it on my blog.
Do coninue developing this. An automatic optimisation process would be nice (it should kick in at a userspecified threshold provided that the present cpu usage isnt very high).
Thanks for the vote of confidence! I have linked to your site but the change will be reflected only later as I am experimenting with a redesign of my site. I will take your suggestion into consideration for the next update.

koshyjohn--would you mind if i post the link of your software's in my blog
I don't mind - in fact, I would encourage it. Because word of mouth advertising is all that I intend to rely on for my free programs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom