Meet with Rohan Shenoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
*img244.imageshack.us/img244/3904/rohgau2an1.th.jpg​

It is always a pleasure for me to meet new people. I never miss any chance that may come by my way to meet an online friend. This time it was with Rohan Shenoy, whom I first met on Thinkdigit forum. I got to know a lot about Rohan from chatting & I always thought of meeting such a knowledgeable guy in person.

As there isn't much distance gap between two of us, I thought a meet was indeed feasible. We both discussed about the meet on messenger and thereby scheduled it on 26th November in the afternoon at Dadar. We decided to meet at Kabutar Khana which is close to the Dadar railway station. We both exchanged our dress codes over the phone, as it would be then easy to identify each other.

I left my home with my usual back sack, which is a storehouse for my books along with gadgets(Canon SX 100 IS), accessories (usb cable, charger, pen drive, army knife, headphones) etc. Offcourse I need these things for my survival if I were to get on someone else’s computer in my voyage. I reached kabootar khana and Rohan Shenoy arrived soon. It wasn't much of a trouble to recognize, as we did saw each other pictures online before.

I was accompanied with my friend who had come just for my company, while Rohan arrives. He left soon with the thought, that he would be brainstormed with the tech talk which is inevitable when two techie's meet. But the reality is stark contrast. As I started walking with Rohan, we were more into discussing our personal lives than our online/Tech one.

Unlike other meets of online forum/community members, we both decided not to place the meet at any fast food joints like McDonalds, KFC etc as we both agree that they are an utter waste of money. As the meet was happening in Dadar, I took great care to think of a good place to talk peacefully. I took Rohan along with me to the best vada pav centre in Mumbai - Kirti vada pav. The shop is located on a pavement near Kirti college in Dadar. We reached the place, which is everbuzzing with vada pav fanatics round the clock. Sometimes it takes almost 20 minutes before you can lay your hands on the hot, crunchy, delicious vada pav, which is the best vada pav in Mumbai, as per surveys.

We purchased two vada pavs & were off to the sea shore which is in the vicinity. It was great to chat with Rohan in an open environment while munching on the hot spicy vada pav. After a while, we both proceeded to Shivaji park, which is within walking distance from Kirti college. All the while, we carried on discussions ranging from our families to forums, designing to development & also the usual windows vs linux talk was there too. I got to learn a lot from Rohan Shenoy, who can be called a genius in web technologies (webmaster).

While on the way, we both had ice-cream at the Naturals ice-cream parlour. After walking around SP, we sat on the katta, while continuing with our talk. I took out my latest tech gadget - Canon SX 100 IS & was sharing the pics I took with Rohan. After a while we had pani-puri along with some lemonade at a nearby stand. As we were leaving SP, I met a friend of mine on the way. I introduced another friend of mine to Rohan & then we all started walking towards the Dadar station. We reached the station and then it was time to say goodbye. We all shook hands & then left with a smile on our faces. :)

It was great to meet Rohan Shenoy & to talk with him. Rohan is a very friendly guy & I liked his quality of sharing his knowledge with others. In today's world of cut throat competition, it's difficult to find such a good natured person. I am looking forward to another meet with this Javascript freak. I would like to thank him for coming all the way to Dadar & for spending quality time with me. Also thanks for educating & helping me in my queries. May god bless you.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Thats great cooly :)
and u met at kabutar khana ..kitne kabutar pakde tum logo ne ?
and rohan I remember is a doctor by profession right ?

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Thats great cooly :)
and u met at kabutar khana ..kitne kabutar pakde tum logo ne ?
and rohan I remember is a doctor by profession right ?
not kabootars exactly, but there are many 'birds' in Dadar, as alike rest of the city :D
Ya, I am a medico!(stull studying, now in final year!)

din

Tribal Boy
WOW, thats cool.

Congrats, it is always nice to see people in real whom we know for a long time but online.

Glad you both had a nice time.

din

Tribal Boy
LOL, Really sorry Rohan, actually it took a minute to recall my memory !

But you were too fast to post reply !

Oh I forgot to mention,

You (Rohan) by looks - eligible for the uncle category ;)

Charan n din are waiting for you :D lol

Last edited:

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Ya, I need to look like uncle you see!
People are wary of 'young' doctors.
Students also give weight to some 'uncle' looking teachers :D

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
kirti vada pav........yummmmmm.......got to have one in the next 24 hrs or i am going to implode!!!!!!!!
btw - me back in bombay, if anyone up for a meet plz start a new thread and dont forget to call me.

iinfi

mekalodu
@rohan
the description suits two bollywood gangsters meeting to decide to jointly raid a bank or hijack something. look @ the items in Cool G5's bag. army knife .... hmm .. he didnt trust you, did he?? he mite v been aware of ur size beforehand .... n he even brought a body guard along with him. only whn he thought he was safe he asked him to leave. and he also had another rapid action guard near the beach (the guy u met while rtning to stn). and he took you to a open environment so that he cud escape jus incase your men decided to attack him!! action thriller..... ;)
ha ha ha

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@rohan
the description suits two bollywood gangsters meeting to decide to jointly raid a bank or hijack something. look @ the items in Cool G5's bag. army knife .... hmm .. he didnt trust you, did he?? he mite v been aware of ur size beforehand .... n he even brought a body guard along with him. only whn he thought he was safe he asked him to leave. and he also had another rapid action guard near the beach (the guy u met while rtning to stn). and he took you to a open environment so that he cud escape jus incase your men decided to attack him!! action thriller..... ;)
ha ha ha

he he

We both look gangsters :shock:

And you forgot to mention about the nauseatic powder which I mixed in Rohan's vadapav :D

mrintech

Technomancer
@ mrintech Mai hoon na :D
Aaja Bhopal :D

@rohan
ha ha ha
:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom