Meet with Rohan Shenoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrintech

Technomancer
he he he :D thanks rhitwick...connecting threads is my hobby..so i jus remembered Digit Engineers thread and u know all the story then ;)
*www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0035.gifesumitkumar*www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0033.gif
Cool, generally people tell to make ur hobby ur job, I c u believe in reverse.
Best of luck to ur future.
*www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0010.gifrhitwick *www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0036.gif

*www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0030.gif Wanna Fight *www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0040.gif

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
*www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0030.gif Wanna Fight *www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0040.gif

No we don't, but, if esumitkumar serioysly makes his "hobby" in his "Job"...u'll be his first client:D

Tu had karta hai... then again that was also a nice linking. I guess ur a quick learner:rolleyes:;):D

mrintech

Technomancer
No we don't, but, if esumitkumar serioysly makes his "hobby" in his "Job"...u'll be his first client:D

Tu had karta hai... then again that was also a nice linking. I guess ur a quick learner:rolleyes:;):D
*www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/party/party0011.gif*www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/party/party0011.gif*www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/party/party0011.gif*www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/party/party0011.gif*www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/party/party0011.gif

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Me in office and tera photo nahi dikh raha hai...to can't reply accordingly.

But, I'm sure tune kuch achha to nahi bola hoga:D

nikhilpai

Techans
*img244.imageshack.us/img244/3904/rohgau2an1.th.jpg​

I took Rohan along with me to the best vada pav centre in Mumbai - Kirti vada pav. The shop is located on a pavement near Kirti college in Dadar. We reached the place, which is everbuzzing with vada pav fanatics round the clock. Sometimes it takes almost 20 minutes before you can lay your hands on the hot, crunchy, delicious vada pav, which is the best vada pav in Mumbai, as per surveys.

We purchased two vada pavs & were off to the sea shore which is in the vicinity. It was great to chat with Rohan in an open environment while munching on the hot spicy vada pav. After a while, we both proceeded to Shivaji park, which is within walking distance from Kirti college. All the while, we carried on discussions ranging from our families to forums, designing to development & also the usual windows vs linux talk was there too. I got to learn a lot from Rohan Shenoy, who can be called a genius in web technologies (webmaster).

Kirti Vada Pav & Shivaji Park.... You reminded me of my school days :)

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I do not know what am I supposed to comment here.
No comments

*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/38large.png

Some techs usually find it very hard to digest that doctors are good in tech areas, but what they should realise is that interdisciplinary sciences is a field by itself. For example in Rohan's case, bioinformatics, if he is really interested.

In my case I am interested in linux systems administration, not exactly into programming or anything. At the moment there is no profit motive as I am still in the learning phase. I do a lot of linux installs for free, especially for my students. Once I install with the multimedia pack they don't come back; they're quite happy with it. They don't even update, why bother they say !!

What got me into linux? Curiosity, and BSODs of Windows 98 SE. I started with RH 7.0 which I got with SAMs RH 7.0 Unleashed. It was a pain in the arse to use. Wasn't very difficult for me to see why people preferred the BSODs to it ! Then moved on to Mandrake (no Mandriva) 8.0 (box pack !), then 8.1, 8.2, then RH 8.0, and then no linux for a while. Finally got back into it with Novell making SUSE 9.3 professional free. That's where the open SUSE project started, and there's been no looking back since.

Like I said elsewhere, I am not anti Microsoft, I am anti Monopoly. I want people to have a REAL CHOICE, to decide and say,

YES I want this propriety software and I am ready to pay for it, even though Linux gives me similar software for free.

YES I want to have an antivirus running in the background, because it makes me feel GOOD, like SUPERMAN or ROBOCOP. I don't care if Linux doesn't need an antivirus.

din

Tribal Boy
One more person is there, (I mean Doctor and interested in IT field) an old member actually, I think he is not active in Digit forum nowadays

Medpal / Bhavin.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
@NucleusKore, thanks for sharing your story. I started with Linux mostly out of curiosity. I like your quality of not 'imposing' linux on people.

BTW have you tried on commercializing your linux knowledge?

NucleusKore

TheSaint
BTW have you tried on commercializing your linux knowledge?

I thought I answered that before you asked^

*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/75large.png

I would like to do some certification, maybe LPI. I bought the book for the first exam, in the month of February this year. I am yet to inaugurate it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom