Media Player for RedHat/Fedora?

Status
Not open for further replies.

curvenger

Broken In
How will I install media player which can playback VCD file(*.dat) or *.mpeg format in Redhat or fedora, and I want to know step by step and all the dependencies!

S

spoon

this site gives detailed instructions:
*fedoraguide.org/fc2/fc2beginnersguide.html

however its for fc2, i dont know what u are using

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Two simple steps one copy yum.conf from the net fedora site to /etc/yum.conf and Second give the command as root yum install mplayer* Thats all you enjoy all the playing of multimedia

OP
C

curvenger

Broken In
I mean like, without running apt or yum, i want to install it manually, which packages should i install first so that the dependencies wont fail?

tuxfan

Technomancer
Get mplayer from *www.mplayerhq.hu

All the instructions on installation and other information is already there on the site.

MPlayer Features

MPlayer is a movie player for Linux (runs on many other Unices, and non-x86 CPUs, see the documentation). It plays most MPEG, VOB, AVI, Ogg/OGM, VIVO, ASF/WMA/WMV, QT/MOV/MP4, FLI, RM, NuppelVideo, YUV4MPEG, FILM, RoQ, PVA files, supported by many native, XAnim, and Win32 DLL codecs. You can watch VideoCD, SVCD, DVD, 3ivx, DivX 3/4/5 and even WMV movies, too (without the avifile library).

Another great feature of MPlayer is the wide range of supported output drivers. It works with X11, Xv, DGA, OpenGL, SVGAlib, fbdev, AAlib, DirectFB, but you can use GGI, SDL (and this way all their drivers), VESA (on every VESA compatible card, even without X11!) and some low level card-specific drivers (for Matrox, 3Dfx and ATI), too! Most of them support software or hardware scaling, so you can enjoy movies in fullscreen. MPlayer supports displaying through some hardware MPEG decoder boards, such as the Siemens DVB, DXR2 and DXR3/Hollywood+.

MPlayer has an onscreen display (OSD) for status information, nice big antialiased shaded subtitles and visual feedback for keyboard controls. European/ISO 8859-1,2 (Hungarian, English, Czech, etc), Cyrillic and Korean fonts are supported along with 12 subtitle formats (MicroDVD, SubRip, OGM, SubViewer, Sami, VPlayer, RT, SSA, AQTitle, JACOsub, PJS and our own: MPsub). DVD subtitles (SPU streams, VOBsub and Closed Captions) are supported as well.

R

rohandhruva

Hey, i use XINE which is compatible with _everything_, but for the fact that it lacks the amr codec, and hence i cant hear audio in .3GP files :(( How do i play them under xine, or is any other player capable of playing them ?

Rohan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom