Media player for Nokia Series 40 phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
I downloaded Superbluetooth. Is it a good app? I still haven't transfered it to the phone.[/QUOTE said:
Its pretty ok. U still have to get permission to take ova de other phone..

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
When going through this thread I have one small doubt when it comes to series 40 phones. I have a Nokia 6300 and Free Phone memory has gone to less than 1MB. How can I install applications in the memory card? Or one more option is to delete system themes which are bundled with the phone which alone is close to 3MB. But I am not able to delete them either. It says you are not allowed to delete a system file. What is the way out to install additional apps in a series 40 phone?

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
@deepakchan

just directly download the file in memory card if ur taking the app(jar file) through gprs, if u want to transfer/install an app, nokia pc suite will b perfectly fine for you.

Also, u can try a file explorer for all ur other needs.........!!!

PhB

Jughead!!!
It's a Series 40 3rd edition phone so there is no problem installing java apps. Simply drag and drop the jar file to any folder in your memory card. Remember though that the maximum limit is 1MB for java apps.

You can't delete system files. You can make copies though with MOBILedit. Nokia PC Suite won't let you copy those system files.

You can also delete-protect your files. Just add a system attribute to a file in your memory card and you won't be able to rename or delete it using the default series40 file manager. Here's the command:
attrib filename.ext +S
To remove the system attribute, just replace + with -

A good file-manager for series 40 phones is BlueFTP. It can also browse the filesystem of another phone or computer through bluetooth. It can be downloaded from getjar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom