media and career forums playing double role

krazylearner

poor little me
just reading the article on website which was copied from times of india

The article was "IIT JEE 2012 aspirant commits suicide for fear of failure"

bad .

The other half of the title is

"Please understand JEE is not everything"

When you will visit this website it will appear like this website is made for IIt.Everthing related to IIT .Success stories of IITians and how you can go to IIT .It has presented IIt like god.

The same is going with media .Sometimes they will say there is too much pressure on students in competitive exams and other time they say how to plan your career .Be alert Start planning.

This trend is emerging in india from past 10-15 years .

Why so rush and stress and competition ? what's the point ?

once i was also the part of this competition but now i realized this thinking of mine was not actually mine .It was borrowed from society (including media ) and everyone around me.

what do you think ?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Competition is good. But not the blind beliefs in IIT's or engineering or medical as the end of journey.

Do what you love, and dont try living somebody else's dream.
I dont mean to take anything away from the brilliant minds at IITs but its rather depressing to see people in a rat race to be 'successful'.

As for the media (certain parts of it) less said the better. Afterall, they wont make money without digging into public curiosity.

OP
K

krazylearner

poor little me
I dont mean to take anything away from the brilliant minds at IITs but its rather depressing to see people in a rat race to be 'successful'.

I don't think they are really brilliant . Brilliancy don't come by solving some tough logical questions .It comes by experience . An uneducated person who has seen the light is far more better then who has not seen it but only knows it by complex mathematical equations .

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
I don't think they are really brilliant . Brilliancy don't come by solving some tough logical questions .It comes by experience . An uneducated person who has seen the light is far more better then who has not seen it but only knows it by complex mathematical equations .

I think you got me wrong there. I didnt mean to say everyone in IITs is brilliant.

BTW brilliance is not experience. You are talking about experience and the wisdom that naturally follows it. I was referring to inherent intelligence. Not the type that is needed for solving equations, but of the creative kind.

Also, don't get the idea that solving weird looking equations is all they do at IITs. Noting could be farther from the truth. While I have to admit that the majority of the syallabi taught in the top institutes is just fodder for rote learning, there is definitely more than a good deal of creativity at work. Just look at the final year projects for example. While a lot of them are nothing more than google-scholars, you have to agree that there is a good number of original ideas as well. That is closer to the brilliance I was talking about.

OP
K

krazylearner

poor little me
Also, don't get the idea that solving weird looking equations is all they do at IITs. Noting could be farther from the truth. While I have to admit that the majority of the syallabi taught in the top institutes is just fodder for rote learning, there is definitely more than a good deal of creativity at work. Just look at the final year projects for example. While a lot of them are nothing more than google-scholars, you have to agree that there is a good number of original ideas as well. That is closer to the brilliance I was talking about.

exceptions are always there .I am talking about majority.

even in my college there are exceptions .

OP
K

krazylearner

poor little me
What this country needs is more entrepreneurs, not IITians

entrepreneurship means running won business
this country was full of entrepreneurs .some small or some big.

But now they are shutting down due to large taxes and greedy polices.

Top Bottom