Medal of Honor Discussion

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I'm on fifth mission Now. Playing as 'Adams'. I don't know if it is only me or something else... I'm enjoying this game a lot. Sound effects, voice acting (not in CGI cutscenes), Lightning effects are getting better and more bad ass.

quan chi

mortal kombat
The only explanation is that IGN didn't receive enough $$$ from the devs/publishers. Seriously everyone should start doing what Bungie does!
if you dont like halo it dosent mean all wont like it.No offence just a suggestion.
halo does have some great multiplayer potentials.It is kind of gta type.You can do many funny things.The single player is good too.earlier also i used to think like that for halo.But i enjoyed halo 1 and halo 2.
Though halo3 fairs mainly from the multiplayer aspect.

sasuke

Broken In
Medal of honor has got mediocre ratings everywhere. Not only ign but also gamespot,gamespy have given a rating not higher than average. A disappointment i feel.
By the way i had played the multiplayer beta. Of Moh. Its ok. Not huge maps. Also feels very tough to play.
If possible some one among you, who are playing post a unbiased review of this game.

quan chi

mortal kombat
frankly speaking I dont know why and what went into the heads of those developers that they tried to imitate cod mw series so badly while keeping the battlefield and airborne touch intact.As expected they tried to mix the two or three games in it.
Anyways those who have not played any of the previous series of medal of honor will like it.

The ratings are due to the fact that the moh series were great they expected something different this time but didnt get much.

Though i am still in its initial levels i will say not that bad till now.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
If implementation is perfect... I don't have any concerns about being inspired from other games. Let me remind you that, we are in entertainment industry. We have as much as scope to improvement as much we don't have. Its not about copying/inspiring.. but rather the implementation of the things they were inspired.

To be frank, I didn't liked the game much initially. But after that ATV mission.. Every thing is just getting better. I'm now playing "Neptune's Nest" which is ninth mission and is set in Day 2.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
if you dont like halo it dosent mean all wont like it.No offence just a suggestion.
halo does have some great multiplayer potentials.It is kind of gta type.You can do many funny things.The single player is good too.earlier also i used to think like that for halo.But i enjoyed halo 1 and halo 2.
Though halo3 fairs mainly from the multiplayer aspect.

No offence taken dude, everyone has their own likes and dislikes :). And to be pretty honest, I never meant Halo is bad in anyways... it's just that IGN is giving it 9.5 and stuff. At best, it deserves 8 or something. Anyways, I am pretty sure everyone here is tired of me yakking about Halo all day so let's stop it.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Done with the game. I'd say it was extremely average. No jaw-dropping moments, basically, nothing to write home about. I ran into 2 glitches in the game. For one, I had to reload the entire chapter and for the next, thankfully, just the previous checkpoint. I am completely disappointed in this game. Medal of Honor: Airborne was a 100 times better (and longer) than this game.

cyborg47

Technomancer
after seeing they gave a ****ing 9.5 to Halo Reach

.....and u say u dont hate halo!
and hey, check this out...

*www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/halo-reach

damn bungie should be bloody rich to pay all those critics isnt it psycho?

Last edited:

quan chi

mortal kombat
Done with the game. I'd say it was extremely average. No jaw-dropping moments, basically, nothing to write home about. I ran into 2 glitches in the game. For one, I had to reload the entire chapter and for the next, thankfully, just the previous checkpoint. I am completely disappointed in this game. Medal of Honor: Airborne was a 100 times better (and longer) than this game.

No wonder my prediction was correct.;-)

Never mind ethan It seems black ops have something stored.i was researching about it yesterday and found many interesting elements.Btw though not confirmed but it seems black ops uses the same cod mw2 engine.:mrgreen:

leave it cyborg..its getting bitter now.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot

Halo: Reach for Xbox 360 Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More at Metacritic

Okay.. here is a catchy one. "Bungie might not be rich enough.. but Microsoft sure is" :rofl:

But i don't think they paid critics. There are some standards still untouched by enterprises.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
No wonder my prediction was correct.;-)

Never mind ethan It seems black ops have something stored.i was researching about it yesterday and found many interesting elements.Btw though not confirmed but it seems black ops uses the same cod mw2 engine.:mrgreen:

leave it cyborg..its getting bitter now.

Black ops uses Encased version of World at war engine which was an Enhanced version of Call of Duty 4 engine(IW engine) which was also used for Quantum of Solace. I think MW2 used IW 4.0 engine which was improvised version of IW engine that was used for COD4. Basically all these version are just glorified versions of Id teh game engine by Id soft.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Black ops uses Encased version of World at war engine which was an Enhanced version of Call of Duty 4 engine(IW engine) which was also used for Quantum of Solace. I think MW2 used IW 4.0 engine which was improvised version of IW engine that was used for COD4. Basically all these version are just glorified versions of Id teh game engine by Id soft.
Not sure but many says its the same cod 4 engine.others says it uses that modified waw engine or mw2 one.
But if we look closely to the videos it resembles too much with the former.

Anyways anyone for moh multiplayer.

Last edited:

cyborg47

Technomancer
from the vids..black ops does look better than mw2...the details on the faces, explosions, and the snow effects were mind blowing...

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

Halo: Reach for Xbox 360 Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More at Metacritic

Dude, the user reviews average is a 7.3. Check before you bash me. And come on! It's publish by Microsoft, those guys can start their own country and it would be the 13th richest country in the world. Ofcourse they have all the money to pay the critics. The user reviews count and whose average is, again I say, 7.3. Enough with this though, you love Halo, I don't...let's end it at that.

cyborg47

Technomancer
"I dont like halo"...now thats perfect.
You should have said that earlier itself. "gaylo", "bungie pays the critics", "i dont really hate halo, its just IGN" and then "microsoft pays critics!".
Now that you have cleared it by saying that you hate halo, lets end the discussion! :D

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
We have to remember that all users will not be rational while rating the game. Suppose, I am a PS3, PC fanboy who is pissed coz, the game is not in my platform.. I may go and rate it absolute 0 which will drain the score a lot. And not to mention, punks, pranks who are eager to bring down the score low. So, that is not an acceptable standard.

We can't say for sure. They might be actual users who are pissed off at the game as it is not up to the mark. See God of war 3, it has 8.6 user average, Forza has 8.2. This low user score of Halo 3 is amazing indeed.
Either way, correct me if i am wrong... Is there any point in bragging about Halo 3 in MoH discussion thread! Go create another thread, b!tches. :p

Btw, just completed the game. It was Just okay. Never saw the end coming. May be it was too early. I would give rate it 7 on a scale of 10.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
We have to remember that all users will not be rational while rating the game. Suppose, I am a PS3, PC fanboy who is pissed coz, the game is not in my platform.. I may go and rate it absolute 0 which will drain the score a lot. And not to mention, punks, pranks who are eager to bring down the score low. So, that is not an acceptable standard.

We can't say for sure. They might be actual users who are pissed off at the game as it is not up to the mark. See God of war 3, it has 8.6 user average, Forza has 8.2. This low user score of Halo 3 is amazing indeed.
Either way, correct me if i am wrong... Is there any point in bragging about Halo 3 in MoH discussion thread! Go create another thread, b!tches. :p

Btw, just completed the game. It was Just okay. Never saw the end coming. May be it was too early. I would give rate it 7 on a scale of 10.

Spot on! Now I'll leave this thread alone until I have my hands on MoH!

Top Bottom