Discussion: MD Computer does not RMA CM products from Flipkart

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Hi all,

I visited MD Comp to buy the NZXT Gamma, ans was having a chat with Palash, the gaming section in-charge at MD Comp. I casually told him that I was planning to buy the CM 4x120mm case fan Pack from Flipkart for the Gamma later.

He told me that if you buy the fans from FK, you will not get any warranty.. I was surprised and told him that FK gives genuine bill of sale, so warranty would be applicable.. He explained that since the FK bills are generated at the FK office. outside of West Bengal, it wouldnt be valid here.

When i said that its all-india warranty, then he said that since the MD Comp provides RMA service for CM, he wouldnt be giving the warranty for the fans bought from flipkart..

Is this true??

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Changed the thread title a bit, the previous one almost sounds like complaint. Regarding the topic, I think it's more of a marketing tactic of Palash/MD rather than a clause. ;)

He has given a whole new meaning to the term limited warranty.

tkin

Back to school!!
Is MD the official CM service provider? Palash'da says a lot of such things, at one time he said the same for Razer, turned out it was Tirupati who was actually the distributor.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
" You cannot claim warranty in kolkata for items bought from FK or any online site". Not the exact words, but the same meaning.
This is when I compared FK and MDComp prices for my current mobo. MD was 200 bucks more than FK :mrgreen:

I would be most grateful if someone could shut him up with an appropriate mix of language and facts.

On a contrast, I find doing business with Vedant most pleasant.
Many thanks to those who created the rapport.

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
FYI, whenever i visited Chandni, Vedant's prices were more than MD's. Take the case of NZXT Gamma. Vedant quoted 2700+tax, whereas MD quoted 2600 incl tax.

On Topic: So RMA is valid regardless of billing state? Where is CM's service centre in Kol??

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
FYI, whenever i visited Chandni, Vedant's prices were more than MD's. Take the case of NZXT Gamma. Vedant quoted 2700+tax, whereas MD quoted 2600 incl tax.

On Topic: So RMA is valid regardless of billing state? Where is CM's service centre in Kol??

Somehow, even I have the same experience.

RMA should be valid regardless of billing state afaik.

Myth

Cyborg Agent

Somehow, even I have the same experience.

RMA should be valid regardless of billing state afaik.

Then maybe my approach was not correct. Let me try MD again this time.

Purchase and RMA need not be from the same state unless the company specifies otherwise (which no decent company does). This is a problem mostly with cheap local psu etc.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Is MD the official CM service provider? Palash'da says a lot of such things, at one time he said the same for Razer, turned out it was Tirupati who was actually the distributor.

When i said that its all-india warranty, then he said that since the MD Comp provides RMA service for CM, he wouldnt be giving the warranty for the fans bought from flipkart..
Is this true??

It's a lie.

MD have nothing to do with RMA of CM products. They are just another shop at chandni.

Acro Engineering provides RMA of CM products in India.

Ttheir address at Kolkata is:

ACRO ENGINEERING COMPANY
Building No.-15 ,1St Floor, Bow Street,
Opp- Khairu Place,Near-Bow Bazar Police Station,
Kolkata, (West Bengal) 700012
Ph.-- 033-40706032

Contact Person: Puneet Kumar - 9903648006

Simpler address: it's behind Bow Bazar police station. Keep walking until you see a open garbage dump. :p

saswat23

Human Spambot
Abacus Peripherals also handles RMA for Cooler Master. Talk to them.

Abacus Peripherals Pvt Ltd Kolkata
Address: 29 D Bentinck St, 2nd Floor, Behind Orient Cinema, Kolkata, West Bengal 700001
Phone:022 4091 4609

Abacus Peripherals Branches

*maps.google.com/?q=India+West+Beng...,+Behind+Orient+Cinema,+Kolkata,+WB+-+700+001

tkin

Back to school!!
All depends on who imported your CM product, if the sticker says imported by acro, go to acro, if it says abacus, go to abacus.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
I've heard Abacus doesn't handle CM anymore. Its not really confirmed but like I said, ask help in CM India's FB page..

saswat23

Human Spambot
I've heard Abacus doesn't handle CM anymore. Its not really confirmed but like I said, ask help in CM India's FB page..

My friend recently bought CM Elite 311 from Abacus Peripherals just 2 days back.
They import some specific CM products I guess. He was looking for CM K380 but Abacus told that they don't stock K380. They only stock K350.
They also denied the RMA of CM Silent Pro M600. They said it was not imported by 'em, they only import the Silent Pro M Gold series.

Top Bottom