java
database management
unix/linux
all these thing

what i have learnt till now
B.TECH (cs)
1. btech proffesional degree
2. More market value
3. Every one rushing for it (all my class mate wants to be IIT'IANS).
4. Physic and chemistry will be there (-ive)

MCA
1. Better (in-depth)knowledge of computer.
2.equivalent to b.tech.
3. But bca +mca will take 6 years in total.
4. And no physics and chemistry involved math is there and i love math.
5. Post graduate degree.

Job and salary do matter but what matter more is my passion ,satisfaction from what i do.

What kind of jobs and salary i expect from both after 5 to 10 years.

Baker

Albicelestes
Confused totally confused
whether i shud go with mca or b.tech

all my interest passion lies with computers,
programming etc
c++
java
database management
unix/linux
all these thing

what i have learnt till now
B.TECH (cs)
1. btech proffesional degree
2. More market value
3. Every one rushing for it (all my class mate wants to be IIT'IANS).
4. Physic and chemistry will be there (-ive)

MCA
1. Better (in-depth)knowledge of computer.
2.equivalent to b.tech.
3. But bca +mca will take 6 years in total.
4. And no physics and chemistry involved math is there and i love math.
5. Post graduate degree.

Job and salary do matter but what matter more is my passion ,satisfaction from what i do.

What kind of jobs and salary i expect from both after 5 to 10 years.

u will get many opinions from different guys , let me tell u my suggestion
i completed my MCA 3 years back

Always Software Engineering will be a SUPPORT JOB , what i meant is either u r going to write code for Telecom products or banking products or automotive components or Electrical compenets etc etc...

Choosing our favourate domain is very difficult , normally we will get assigned our domain from our first company and we will continiue with that domain [ we can switch the domain but that is not recommended]

why i mentioned this fact is In Btech Course u will be able to know different Engineering Domains [atleast 1 paper u need to study in each semester] but in case of MCA u will join after ur Degree and in MCA u will be fully concentrated on Programming concepts and Software Engineering concepts.

But Normally for a fresher whether he is coming from Btech or MCA while recruting we wont check his domain knowledge [even for 1-2 years exp]
strong domain knowledge can be acheived with only 3-5 years working experience in same domain..

Ok then the important Part Campus Recruitmnts

99% companies consider both Btech and MCA as equal , but some companies recruit only from Btech , and salary wise both will be same..

One intresting Exp : From my friends project team , one need to travel to customer site but client condition is that he should be a Post graduate , at that time he was the only MCA guys and all others are Btech , so he got his luck

Ok then age factor u can save ur 2 years by going through Btech.... But let me tell u by that way u r loosing ur golden 2 years of College Life... ;-)

ankushkool

Youngling
A very big advantage is you can do M.Tech after B.Tech which has a huge marker value (obviously if done from a good coll)

AcceleratorX

Youngling
I did talk to a lot of people from good software and hardware companies in India (e.g. Avnet (*www.avnet.co.in) - and especially in this time of recovery after recession, I would strongly recommend people to have multiple skills - both business and technical - in order to have a well-paying and good job.

The software industry especially is NOT keen on taking M.Techs, They can apply for the same job, they might get a small salary increment, but a B.Tech can get there regardless by working for two years.

I was told by a recruitment manager at Avnet that they do feel B.Tech/MCA is enough technical knowledge because the employees can be easily trained after that......M.Tech is overqualified. They do prefer an MBA degree in addition to a B.Sc/B.Tech/MCA degree and the packages are very high for such candidates.

And oh, regarding B.Tech/B.E. vs. MCA: MCA teaches software engineering principles in-depth, but is not as mathematically intensive as B.E/B.Tech is. It will make a difference, not in the starting but when your job as a technical fellow goes higher up the ranks chain - over time, work gets more complex and at the highest level, one may have to deal with some pretty complicated mathematics - this is when a B.Tech/M.Sc will help.

A B.Tech, IMO is better because it exposes you to both software and hardware principles, as well as the theory and applications of computer science. The MCA degree is purely focused on software, therefore for a job like network security/technology etc. a B.Tech is far more preferred.

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
B.E/B.Tech all the way...

Ok I am doing M.C.A II year and have many friends doing M.C.A in other colleges too let me tell you,

U have mentioned that M.C.A is more in-depth knowledge of computers = WRONG. :-D

M.C.A puts emphasis only on the programming & software part. B.E/B.Tech exposes you to core areas like VLSI, Hardware and deep maths. from what u have mentioned as your interest, I'd say go with B.E CS/B.Tech CS as these lays a very strong foundation for your knowledge of everything abt computer software, computer hardware & computer electronics in general.

A B.E or B.Tech graduate can easily migrate into areas like Chip/VLSI Design, Embedded Systems etc. Which is not an easy task for M.C.A graduates. Also, in M.C.A u study the same concepts u have studied in B.C.A or B.Sc CS in more depth ( Very Frustrating ). :x The only advantage for M.C.A over B.E/B.Tech is that its a Post Graduate Degree.

My suggestion would be to study B.E/B.Tech first, then get into a job then do M.E/M.Tech later in part-time = UNBEATABLE VALUE ( Then may be finish off with a Ph.D later :-D )

OP
saurabh_1e

saurabh_1e

teh tech saviour!

ankushkool

Youngling
MCA and M.Tech are both maters degree... dosent make sense dloing both. if u wanna study further do PHD after M.Tech :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom