MBA Laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

onyx

Right off the assembly line
hey all u guys out there.... there's some really imp stuff that i need 2 know. there r abt 30 of us who have taken admission in MBA in various colleges across India. we as a part of our course curriculum need 2 purchase a laptop. after much deliberation we were able to shortlist 2 models -HP Pavilion dv 5118 tx and DELL Inspiron 6400. most of the config stands the same....BUT there is a catch.... HP boasts of NVidia GeForce Go7400 with TurboCache and DELL comes loaded with ATi Radeon Mobility X1400 with HyperMemory (whatever these terms mean). can anybody out there plz tell us which one's better (in terms of gaming, etc.).
DIGIT is our last hope....plz make it fast..

CIAO.

OP
O

onyx

Right off the assembly line
MBA Laptops Contd...

A comparitive analysis between the 2 if possible will b gr8

G

gxsaurav

both of them will perform nearly identical in gaming sceanairo, as both will use system memory to share the RAM requirment

I would prefer a geforce 7400 go, that would be better, as the nvidia drivers are indeed better then ATI, low compatibility problems & a lot better then the Catalyst Control centre

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
There isn't any compatibility problem with ATI nor is there any issue with the Catalyst drivers.
Anyways, both are equally good for gaming. Don't let the graphics be the factor in deciding which laptop to buy. Choose Dell because the overall the quality of a Dell laptop would be better than a HP one

Last edited:

suave_guy

pedal to metal
go for dell...its a very well designed laptop and widescreen is great

i own dell inspiron 6000 laptop and i've also used HP also but lemme tell u i'll never choose HP after using dell...dell has got cool looking media control buttons(which can be used to navigate or control music and movie playback without opening up the screen) so it makes life easier while listening to music or watching movies..plus you get the dell quality and reliability which u cannot find anywhere else....speakers are also of very good quality and dell also provides media center software which is again gr8....and looks wise also dell laptop looks very good

so i'll advice you to go for dell...

ENjoy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom