Max Payne In Xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Hey 15 year old........
I'm a 16 year old.......
hope u listem to my suggestions which can help.....

>>Get SP2 if you havent
>>And/Or get the latest drivers for your Graphix
>>And/Or reinstall Max Payne
>>Yeah, Delta Force 4 didn't run in ma PC until i reinstalled XP and SP2. So you can try even this

DKant

In the zone
Hey 16 year old.
I'm a 20 year old. ;)
Several poor souls have tried what u suggested over and over again. But..no luck. :(

Reinstalling XP and then MaxPayne (without installing any other software) just might work. Bcuz MP worked alright when it was the only software running on my sys. When I installed a few other things..it stopped. Maybe it's got something to do with the registry :? Or some kind of strange paging requests that only work when MP is the only s/w running on the sys apart from the OS. Heck I don't know. :mad:

DKant

In the zone
Oh WOW! Here's a solution posted by allwyndlima, in this thread:

Plus try this Just Simply add in the target line of your shortcut of max payne -skipstartup For exapmle : Target: "C:\Games\Max Payne\MaxPayne.exe" -skipstartup

It worked for me! :D

Life is good again...;)

EDIT: But the levels take ages to load - almost 5 minutes! Don't know why..

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Thats fine with the startup movie. But what about those whose game crash right after the first level where Max's family is killed?

I have got Original XP with SP 2. MP and MP2 works fine in mine though. Config;-

P4 2.8 Ghz
768 MB DDR 433
XFX GeForce FX 5200 256 with TV Tuner.

DKant

In the zone
Thats fine with the startup movie. But what about those whose game crash right after the first level where Max's family is killed?

Quoting allwyndlima again:

not sure on this one though but Try deleting the "Movies" folder of Max Payne (keep it in Recycle bin i ya want) and then try :wink:

It might work. I don't know. :?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
ctrl_alt_del said:

Hmmm i didnt knew that there was such a hughe discussion up here....but anyways u know what they say it better late then never :wink:

Well ctrl_alt_del u can try updating with its latest patch....again is it the original or the pirated edition!!!! the crahes that i have experienced was mainly in pirated editions.....try updating with the latest MP patch from the link that Dkant gave ya :wink:

@Dkant....the laod time is increased considering the skipping command that i gave ya....it completely disables the Into screens and hence directly loads up resulting in a delay time....plus how much ram do ya have anyways :)

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Well, I got the v1.05 patch, a legal version of the game, Windows XP Professional SP2, and like I said before in this thread, it loads the menus and then halfway through the load process, quits to the desktop without registering a single error. The sound setup is in 5.1 mode.
And BTW, doesnt the -skipstartup just skip the startup animation alone? Does it do it for every level? :shock: So, I guess that option as well as removing the movies from the game folder would only allow you to bypass a corrupted animation file. So, could you please explain why would this mean a longer load time?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
enoonmai said:
Well, I got the v1.05 patch, a legal version of the game, Windows XP Professional SP2, and like I said before in this thread, it loads the menus and then halfway through the load process, quits to the desktop without registering a single error. The sound setup is in 5.1 mode.
Yup enoonmai the patch that u have is a perfect one.....also the crashes that u experience are just minor one's on SP2....the major reason i asked about the pirated disc was mainly beacause the crashing Probs was too heavy on Pirated discs as it used to crash not only at Load times (like u exp)at my place but rather even in between the games and some Bullet time Manouvers.....So after this patch was released it reduced this crashing to quite some extent :wink: Btw there isnt any official patch release from rockstar stating its full working on SP2....i Guess it still has some bugs to deal with SP2 :lol:

enoonmai said:
And BTW, doesnt the -skipstartup just skip the startup animation alone? Does it do it for every level? :shock: So, I guess that option as well as removing the movies from the game folder would only allow you to bypass a corrupted animation file. So, could you please explain why would this mean a longer load time?

yes indeed the -skipstartup is to skip the first animation alone.....Btw the longer load time even am not certain about the actual problem....but i suppose it definetly happens beacause of the Introskippin command.....also had heard of some sound issues as well over the net and they stated that it would take a min of 4.1 setup.....so had added up that point for reference :wink:

Plus here's another command u can try -disable3dpreloads.....my friend told me it is somewhat used to remove the crashing of the game....havent tried it out yet.....but just check and let me know :)

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
@allwyn: Actually my indian version of Max Payne works great on my Indian version of Win XP! So no probs for me.

Btw, did any one try running the game with only the on-board ound card? (presuming you have been running all along on a dedicated sound card)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
ctrl_alt_del said:
@allwyn: Actually my indian version of Max Payne works great on my Indian version of Win XP! So no probs for me.

LOl....now i guess the Indian Version Code is gettin a lot more popula then i thought....Long live Indian version.....btw Indian version of MP runs Fine with SP1 of Winxp (that too Indian version) but when it comes to SP2 BAAM it just hitches out....then be it Indian Version or Any other version....like enoonmai said above confirmed that it even crashes in a Original copy :(

So i guess must wait till rockstar does somtin about it.....Btw I wonder why ya'll are still stuck up on this old game....i aint offending or somtin but seriously i was done with games long time back....now its just internet and thinkdigit all the way :lol: :lol:

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Some games are classic. No matter how familiar you are with the game, you still want to play it again and again.

Btw, just a thought...why havent these gaming related threads moved to the Gamerz section?

Charley

Just Do It
I had the same issue with Max Payne. I solved it by running it in Win98 Compatibility Mode (right click the game icon, and look for the "Compatibility" tab- choose Win98 from the drop-down list). This was Win XP Pro, patched to SP1, running the latest patched version of Max. Runs like a charm now...

saurya_mishra

Broken In
now i dont think any of u have my type of problem ... i have win xp .. mp 2 runs like cheese but mp 1 quits to desktop as i start a new game ... but here is the difference ... the tutorial runs fine ... now can any one point out which animation file is corrupt ?

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
WHAT is this thread doing in this section?????

@abhi_shake .. if u have a pirated copy of both XP as well as MP .. why d hell so much shouting over it??? keep piracy down .. will ya???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom