Max Payne 3

abhidev

Human Spambot
*im.tech2.in.com/images/2011/apr/mp3_preview_3_640x360.jpg

10 reasons to look forward for this game

1) The game will take place 8 years after the events of the second game. Payne has moved out of NYC and is currently killing time (and a lot of people) somewhere in Brazil as a "private contractor". It turns out he didn’t leave NYC on his own accord though; certain prominent people made sure he was forced out of the Big Apple.

2) Rockstar moved the action out of NYC because they felt Brazil is a country teeming with "diverse environments" that would obviously factor into gameplay. Plus the huge disparity between the rich and the poor would add in some emotional flavour to the plot.

3) The game's art style is more Michael Mann than John Woo so expect more fast paced kinetic action than slow mo, pigeons flying all over the place kinda action.

*im.tech2.in.com/gallery/2011/apr/mp3_preview_1_041156145340_640x360.jpg

4) The story will not be told through graphic novel-esque cut-scenes; instead Rockstar will assault players with an "animated collage of action footage" which Edge compared to Kiefer Sutherland’s show, 24. They also plan on transitioning seamlessly between cut-scenes and gameplay making sure players are immersed in the action at all times. And the icing on the cake is that James McCaffrey, the voice actor who voiced Payne in the first two games will be back for his third outing as well.

5) Health will be displayed via an icon on the lower right hand side of the screen. As in the older games, you'll up it by "popping pills".

6) In one of the screenshots Payne is seen wielding a silenced pistol which makes us hopeful that there will be certain stealth segments through the game.

7) In the preview Payne stumbled upon two rival gangs killing each other multiple times which is another way of making players feel thoroughly immersed in a world where there's danger lurking around every corner. At the same time this takes away the empowerment most action games tend to bestow upon players where they are one man armies single handedly saving the world.

8) Environments will be fully destructible so expect highly visceral and kinetic shoot outs.

*im.tech2.in.com/gallery/2011/apr/mp3_preview_2_041156141858_640x360.jpg

9) Diving is back and as players jump around the place to avoid incoming fire, Payne's body will react to this very naturally thrusting an arm or a shoulder to soften impact. At the same time enemies will react to bullets differently, especially when they get shot. This is all thanks to Rockstar’s Natural Motion physics engine that has significantly been worked on since Red Dead Redemption.

10) The game will employ a wheel based system for weapon management allowing Payne to carry three weapons at a time.

And finally, the game will ship with online multiplayer, the details of which are under wraps. Expect more at E3 2011.

Source-Tech2

gameranand

Living to Play
re: Max Payne 3

I heard a lot about this game for many years and I am still not sure if they are going to release this game yet or not because they have delayed it several times because of which I have lost faith.

Soumik

Padawan

Max Payne 3 is a dead project for me. Even if they release it with so many changes, its not the Max Payne i remember. It will be totally different.. may be like Kayne and Lynch... or something new. But not out classic Max Payne. :(

gameranand

Living to Play

Its not a dead project alright. I mean you knows they can come up with something really special I mean look at some examples like Starcraft, Diablo, Duke Nukem. They came with something special although only one of these have been released but others looks quite promising so don't lose hope OK.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Max Payne 3 is a dead project for me. Even if they release it with so many changes, its not the Max Payne i remember. It will be totally different.. may be like Kayne and Lynch... or something new. But not out classic Max Payne. :(

evolution.

Piyush

Lanaya

i wonder what would be the plot
coz story of MP2 ended nicely
payne got all his answers and eventually revenge
so what more we can expect?

gameranand

Living to Play

^^ maybe he'll get into trouble spending his life in brazil or something you like the movie Bourne supermacy.. I mean who knows whats on developer's mind.

Soumik

Padawan

May be some one from his past escaped and he just got to know about it. Or he sees reflection of his life in someone and seeks redemption for them. :)
Hmmm it may be evolution, and it might turn out something special... but if they take out what made the original game such a favorite, it becomes a totally diff game.. doesnt it?
No NY nights... no John Woo style slow mo... no dark talks to himself... no graphic novel type story telling... Sorry, but thats not Max Payne for me. :(

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

I still remember playing Max Payne 2 in my old p4 & gigabyte 8I845GV mobo for 6.5hrs continuosly & next day mobo got fried..(though I had warranty :) ).
But still cudn't finished it :(

gameranand

Living to Play

Soumik said:
May be some one from his past escaped and he just got to know about it. Or he sees reflection of his life in someone and seeks redemption for them.
Hmmm it may be evolution, and it might turn out something special... but if they take out what made the original game such a favorite, it becomes a totally diff game.. doesnt it?
No NY nights... no John Woo style slow mo... no dark talks to himself... no graphic novel type story telling... Sorry, but thats not Max Payne for me.
Well screenshots looks dark so you shouldn't miss NY lights. John woo was a big disaster but in a limited manner that could be a success and I think Maxpayne should include this feature but in a limited manner. We can't say anything about dark talk to himself unless one has played the game now can we?? Yes if they remove that comics type story telling I'll surely miss that but we should hope that this great franchise shouldn't just fall to hell.

Krow

Crowman

Didn't play MP, but loved MP2. Looking forward to MP3! I'm excited. Preview looks promising.

gameranand

Living to Play

^^ yeah its rockstar and thats why I am little concerned because they are expert in making sandbox game games and AFAIK this shouldn't be a sandbox game.

Tachyon1986

In the zone

@gameranand,

MONA SAX IS NOT DEAD

Clearly, you haven't finished Max Payne 2 on the hardest settings. It's a hidden bonus actually, because she doesn't die at the end. Don't believe me? Google or try it yourself ^^

Top Bottom