ingredient for life,
scientists said
Thursday.
SOURCE:
Rover finds evidence of ancient water on Mars - CNN.com

www.in.mobile.reuters.com/article/idINDEE88Q0IZ20120927?irpc=932

audiophilic

Journeyman
The water is in the soil, and its solid because its in compressed form. This is dead water. They should heat the atmosphere and rehabilitate the planet to see if it rains over there as much as it does here.

Tech&ME

Banned
No rain on Mars, the water or river whatever it is, is just frozen.

Climatic conditions were good for survival at one time, but it seems atmosphere of Mars has gone into massive climatic changes.

The whole planet looks yellowish and bluewish at night.

Ankit Omar

Broken In
I wish NASA could achieve their goal on Mars and this news seems to be the biggest support for them. I have seen the photographs revealed by NASA and it was remarkable!

doomgiver

Warframe
it had water at one point.... now its all gone, or frozen. what life it supported, its long dead.

why doesnt NASA focus more on better "life bearing" candidates? like Io, or Titan, even Europa.
dead planets tell no tales. except fables, maybe.

jayantr7

In the zone
it had water at one point.... now its all gone, or frozen. what life it supported, its long dead.

why doesnt NASA focus more on better "life bearing" candidates? like Io, or Titan, even Europa.
dead planets tell no tales. except fables, maybe.
Well my friend, you're mistaken. First, NASA doesn't send probes on planetary bodies for fun, they do serious work. They can send probes to Io and Titan, but it will not avail much needed information to satisfy the money invested upon it. NASA is at the frontier of human space technology, but they also know that our technological abilities are not advanced enough now to do what they actually need to. Mars landings and explorations are important, because they provide us with better tech testing grounds. To accomplish Mars missions, they had to develop new technologies, which in a long time stretch will help in future missions. Second, we don't know much about those moons and it's not easy to go there and do other works on it with current technologies. Third, it needs very high budget, and if you'd see the budget cuts of NASA, you'd get a glimpse of the problem. Fourth, present your question to a NASA engineer or search for questions and answers of these, or ask an expert, and they'll give you the best explanation against your argument.

All of the water that was there on Mars is not gone. It has not been proved as a dead planet yet, and there are chances that there might be simple organic or other form of life there. Humans know just about a few parts of the planet, and there can be life on polar regions or beneath the surface of Mars.

doomgiver

Warframe
^^^ NOOOOOO!!!

you will ruin Mars!!
it will get all squishy and round near the equator and flat near the poles.... oh wait, its rotation does that very same thing..

Flash

Lost in speed
*static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2012/10/1/1349079449513/ESACraterIce.png

The European Space Agency's Mars Express spacecraft found this patch of water ice in an unnamed crater on Mars in 2005. Photograph: ESA/DLR/FU Berlin (G. Neukum)

They've founded the Ice in 2005 itself.
Curiosity is just an affirmation to that point.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
^^ hmmm, so why couldn't they send a rover there?? it would have been much more interesting than the rocks we see usually.....

Hrishi

If there was water on mars , its likely that there was some sort of life on the planet. Since , along with water , MARS must have possesed an atmosphere and required gaseous substances.

doomgiver

Warframe
If there was water on mars , its likely that there was some sort of life on the planet. Since , along with water , MARS must have possesed an atmosphere and required gaseous substances.
wow..... thats very deep.
so, according to you, water is the necessary and sufficient condition for life? comets have shittons of water... europa has shittons of water... hell, uranus and neptune each have more water than a hundred earths combined, but i dont see any life on them...

Hrishi

wow..... thats very deep.
so, according to you, water is the necessary and sufficient condition for life? comets have shittons of water... europa has shittons of water... hell, uranus and neptune each have more water than a hundred earths combined, but i dont see any life on them...

Well I was speculating.Anyways Uranus , neptune are distant planets from Sun so we may not expect the sort of life-form we are looking for.And you don't see any life there becuase , you haven't been there and completely searched the planet. Have you , haha ??
Humans haven't explored Uranus or Neptune completely till now.So you can't say they don't have any sort of life form(in past/future/present) , there is always a possibility.

And If there was water on MARS(in liquid state) ,balanced atmosphere was sort of necessary to hold it in that state.
Also water is a necessity for sustaining life form similiar to our own.With adequate amount of pH value, mineral content , etc.

Btw , who said that water alone is sufficient for known-life-form to exist , atleast I Didn't ??? SOil , Climate, temperature , atmosphere, and a lot other factors play a major role.
I was talking specifically about MARS , since it has many other similiar features alongwith traces of WATER. Maybe you should think think deeply on that.

BTW , I read in above posts that you don't like to read about fables of dead planets(or history ) , so please stay away from my comments , since they might talk about fables itself and might hurt your sentiments . :p
And hating history isn't such a good idea Sir.

Maybe someday they will across fossils. : p haha

All of the water that was there on Mars is not gone. It has not been proved as a dead planet yet, and there are chances that there might be simple organic or other form of life there. Humans know just about a few parts of the planet, and there can be life on polar regions or beneath the surface of Mars.

Agree with you.We barely have enough information to deny the existence of life.THere is a good possibility of microbial life forms below the surface.

However the question that scratches my brain a lot is that { if there was life on mars , something very sudden and tragic might have happened to force complete extinction }If the change was slow, species should have evolved themselves.

^^ hmmm, so why couldn't they send a rover there?? it would have been much more interesting than the rocks we see usually.....

Maybe they'll a few of them later on send but not now. :)
I think those rocks help in understanding and analysing lots of information about the past , and thats why they sent it. THey want to study the past.!!!

The texture,content and details of rocks and soils , help a lot in determining what happened previously. I think the rover has several sensors and devices that provide intricate and detailed information about the composition of rocks.

Last edited:

Flash

Lost in speed
We humans are well-versed in our invented technologies! None would've thought we will be flying in air one day - But eventually Wright brothers or someone laid foundation with a parachute.

Whatif we don't have the capacity/technology to detect alien life forms?
Isnt that interesting?

Top Bottom