Mark Shuttleworth issues divisive invitation to openSUSE developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
Tensions are already high over Novell's patent agreement with Microsoft, but Ubuntu founder Mark Shuttleworth's invitation to openSUSE developers "concerned about the long term consequences" has kicked the tension up a notch.
*www.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/11/25/028237

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
I think Mark Shuttleworth made a right move. Microsoft is very well-known for it's
back-stabbing strategies & other tricks. M$ always dances with the tune of the time!!
It's never constant!!

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
Mark has done a correct move and he himself put this request on opensuse mail list.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Just what MS is trying to do. It's time the OSS community worked together and kicked out those backstabbers.

mehulved

Please define what is a full fledged distro. What there in fedora and suse that ubuntu doesn't have?

tech_your_future said:
Please define what is a full fledged distro. What there in fedora and suse that ubuntu doesn't have?

what I mean was as they come with the most used or needed oss packages for different people packed in one either comprising 5-6cds or a dvd etc, wher as ubuntu comes in single cd whiich requires lot downloads and installations to meet the requirements, say some one wants eclipse or qt orsome thing else etc.,

mehulved

Well that I feel is they're going ahead of time and making too much use of internet. But, still ubuntu has more packages,though not packed in CD/DVD, than suse or fedora, so you can't say that ubuntu isn't a full fledged distro.

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
Novell doesnt own Linux.they are doing asif they are the only wise Linuxens there.what Novell now did was directly Bringing the scoing FUDing devil legion(M$&Co) into the Linux OS.
Debian is the distribution which needs those Suse Linux developers before aforementioned devil grabs Novell Fully.though appreciates on the stands of Redhat Linux to let off the deal.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
I respect redhat for their stance, after all the giants joining hand in hand. It's high time someone make a move like that. Hats off Shuttleworth! Way to go...

eddie

El mooooo
Microsoft is known for back stabbing and Linux is not...that is the basic difference between the two communities. Mark's message was nothing but a very sorry "divide and rule" tactic. What was he trying to achieve by sending that message to openSUSE mailing list? Isn't Ubuntu/Kubuntu already a well enough advertised brand for any "unsatisfied" developer(s) to join them?

Linux community right now needs to work together rather than going for such moves...we don't need infighting right now. We all need to lean on each other and move ahead instead of back stabbing our own brothers. Yes...what Novell did was pathetic...but what Mark did was not too great either. Very sorry move imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom