Mandrake 10.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

shriekers

Broken In
I tried installing the mandrake linux supplied with the digit in my system. The installation all went fine.

The problem happens when i boots. Immediately after installation when i tried to boot the loading gets hung near4 the network detection point says waiting for eth0. I have a LAN connected computer.

After lot of unsuccessfull reboots i disabled the LAN and tried, it when forward from the point and booted but it did not load the GUI and only command entering prompt came asking user name and password, after entering both nothing happened

I tried reinstalling again but the same problems continued.

I definetly need my LAN enabled and i would love to use the GUI.

My system is a P4 3.0Ghz, Intel 915, XFX nVidia 6800GT 160GB SATA Hard Disk, Onboard LAN, 1GB RAM

Pls Help And Thanks in advance

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
this might help the gui prob

*mail.lug.lk/lurker/message/20031201.053322.902bf69d.en.html
*iew3.technion.ac.il/CC/Comp_news/muo-may02/xwin/xtroub.html

try setting the video card as vesa initially to get into gui and then install nvidia drivers , which might be in their site .
regarding the eth card . disable and disconnect the card and cord . reenable it and let it run autoconfig during boot up , but set it up as auto settings , without specifing the ipaddress . once ur able to go into gui without a hitch , change the ip and connect the eth cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom