Making android simpler ? for parents..

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Hi guys

I bought this for my parents: Asus MeMO Pad ME172V Tablet Price in India - Buy Asus MeMO Pad ME172V Tablet White 8 GB Online - Asus: Flipkart.com

Its alright, but
How can I customize android so that its simpler to use ? If this is possible at all.
By simpler I mean , instead of having 3 dots for accessing a settings menu , there should be a simple button (with settings written on it ) . Basically I want big ovious buttons and nothing should suddenly poppu on the screen (this really confuses my technologically challenged parents )

Do there happen to be ROM's that aim to make android more simpler and obvious ?

Thanks

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Hi guys

I bought this for my parents: Asus MeMO Pad ME172V Tablet Price in India - Buy Asus MeMO Pad ME172V Tablet White 8 GB Online - Asus: Flipkart.com

Its alright, but
How can I customize android so that its simpler to use ? If this is possible at all.
By simpler I mean , instead of having 3 dots for accessing a settings menu , there should be a simple button (with settings written on it ) . Basically I want big ovious buttons and nothing should suddenly poppu on the screen (this really confuses my technologically challenged parents )

Thanks

Get Launcher8 or something that provides large tiles on the screen.

ankush28

Bazinga
A simple smooth launcher is solution for your purpose...

>get HOLO launcher HD(trust me much better then nova/apex for your case)
>in holo launchers setting you can do all stuff you asked for
kindly avoid custom rom it will make them more and more confused...

$hadow

Geek in making
Instead you would have bought WP8 phone at the first place :p
Android is never simple people choose ios and windows for simplicity. Op has to think about it before but since now he has done it I am trying to help him out with what I can. :-D :-D

Minion

Conversation Architect
Hi guys

Its alright, but

Thanks

Try Buzz luncher and use homescreen with large buttons.

Hi guys

Its alright, but

Thanks

Try Buzz luncher and use homescreen with large buttons.

Top Bottom