Make Invisible Folder!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken In
Hi this is my first tutorial.I don't know whether u know this trick or not. But it is my owntrick.

Long time back i posted a request for making hidden folder. I got many replies saying change the icon (i.e make it invisible using invisible icon) and change the name using "alt+0160" (i m not sure it is the exact code). But this trick did not serve me what i wanted to know since when u refresh, it flickers and shown to everybody for few seconds.

Now i made a folder which is invisible to everyone and it can be accessed only by typing its name in address bar.

<--trick-->

1. create a folder which u want to make invisible.

2. now type in cmd prompt-> "attrib +h +s <full path of folder>"
(e.g-> "c:\>attrib +h +s c:\abc\xyz")

3. if u want to make it visible type in cmd prompt "attrib -h -s <full path of folder>"
(e.g-> "c:\>attrib -h -s c:\abc\xyz")

<--How to access the folder-->

Suppose u have to access the hidden folder created in "c:\abc" named "xyz" (since it is not visible) go to folder "abc" and just type "xyz" in address bar. U will be in invisible folder.

Now its ur responsibility to remember where u have created the invisible folder

If i missed explaining something please let me know.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
I think this was posted by Vaibhavtek in this forum :|
Not sure who posted it, but it was posted for sure.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Why its invisible? It can be seen by disabling "Hide protected system files" option. Just like normal hidden files/folders can be seen using "Show hidden files/folders" option. ;)

If you really want to make the file/folder invisible, then make sure to disable Folder options and Registry Editor. I have told the full details here:

The Best Method to Hide Files / Folders in Windows Without Using 3rd Party Utilities

OP

Broken In
correctly said nvidia8800, it was me who posted this tutorial in this forum..

@vaibhav
ok i accept it but i did not see ur post before. i was doing some tricks with my folders on my system and i found this trick.

before now i couldnt find ur post. thats y i posted it here. by the way thanx for replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom