Make a folder in "start>programs" menu & move programs to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aanand

Journeyman
Is it possible in win2k and xp to move a group of programs to a folder to make it easier to view in the “start>programs� menu as in Windows 98. In win 98 I know that we can customize the start menu in such way. For instance, wecan move programs like ACD,Irfan view under a new folder called Picture viewer or whatever we name it. But in w2k and xp, I don’t know whether we can do it at all. Please help!

legolas

Padawan
yes, ucan do it

the path wud be <windows installed drive>:\documents and settings\<username>\start menu\programs

u can create directoiries here and add as many links as u need... its no different from windows 98, except that there is an user a/c created here.

/legolas

OP
A

Aanand

Journeyman
Thanks Legolas.
I made the directory. But the problem is not all the programs that I can see, when I click on the start button, are there in the start menu folder. How to make them visible?

Aanand said:
Thanks Legolas.
I made the directory. But the problem is not all the programs that I can see, when I click on the start button, are there in the start menu folder. How to make them visible?

Don't forget to look inside "All Users" folder -

drive>:\documents and settings\All Users\start menu\programs

Keith

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hmm.. Easy method is Right Click on Start Button and select Open All users :p .. There you are .. Move the folder in the Programs folder and then substitute yourusername in place of All Users in address bar .. I do it like that always :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom