Major Troubleshoot : Vista ultimate [SOS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

napster007

Padawan
Hey guys..

i've been usinf Vista Ultimate for about a month now. Recently it seems to have developed a problem. Whenever i boot my system everything goes fine untill after the WELCOME screen of vista.The welcome screen is displayed but then after that only the pointer shows up and the rest of the screen is black. except the mouse cursor there is nothing on the screen after the welcome screen.

I tried the system restore and then it worked fine....but only untill the next boot up. So every time i want to boot up my system i have to perform the system restore using the Vista DVD.

Plz help ASAP!

PS : My UPS is completely dead and each time the there is a power cut the system switches off directly. Maybe this is the cause [I don't know]

Boot into safe mode, uninstall your graphics driver, if windows detects the graphics device, use the generic VGA driver for now. Disable automatic updates for some time and then get the latest version of display driver from Manufacturer's website. Install it, that will solve your problem i think.

OP
napster007

napster007

Padawan
There is a bit of a problem in your advise man. I can't even boot up in safe mode. The same problem occurs!!

anymore more suggestions?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
can u access Task Manager? Try end tasking explorer & restarting it. Not a permanent solution but will get you the desktop, then try un-installing any latest updates. Also run the sfc /scannow from the run command with your Vista installation disk in the tray.

OP
napster007

napster007

Padawan
can u access Task Manager? Try end tasking explorer & restarting it. Not a permanent solution but will get you the desktop, then try un-installing any latest updates. Also run the sfc /scannow from the run command with your Vista installation disk in the tray.

my friend thats one more problem....when i press ctr alt del all the options except "start taskmanager" option. Any other solution?

Your comp seems to be begging for a vista reinstall... Thats what I think.

i can but that is like a very extreme step. Only done when there's virtually no way out. There has to be a way around this mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom