Made my mind Sony xperia L vs Lava Xolo Play T1000

aAdirulz

Broken In
Plz help me guys as it may sound a lil filmy
2day i wa going to buy xperia L but while buying 4m tradus i have open the think digit site i found the new add of xperia play so m very confused coz my main priority is gaming only n while comparing Xolo play with Xperia l
Xolo play is definite winner- i know that

XOLO PLAY questions-
bt i dnot know the after sales service in my area (Guwahati, Assam)
n how is the build quality of Xolo products?
n how is the build quality of previous products like Q(700,800,1000)etc etc n
how many people faced issues with those products?

Sony Xperia L questions-
what r the issues of Xperia L apart from battery issue 4m their latest update?\
how many people faced issues with Xperia l products?

plz help guys very very rgent its like if i have not opened the website of digit for Tradus code i would have ordered Xperia L....

randomuser111

Technomancer
If your priority is gaming then get Xperia L

Adreno 305 > Tegra 3 Geforce ULP

Advantage in % of Adreno 305 over Tegra 3 Geforce ULP in some key benchmarks -

3DMark 13 for Android - +40%
Antutu 3D rating - +34%
Antutu 3D rating off screen - +29%
GLBenchmark 2.5 - Egypt HD Fixed Time - +141%
GLBenchmark 2.5 - Egypt HD Offscreen Fixed Time 1920x1080 - +66%
AnTuTu Benchmark v3 - GPU - +34%

Source

NVIDIA GeForce ULP (Tegra 3) - NotebookCheck.net Tech

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
:shock: what are you saying randomuser ...xperia L graphic chip is soo much powerful then tegra 3 graphic chip ..

tegra 3 graphic chip was used in all top end handsets of HTC, LG and nexus 7 ... :duh2:

randomuser111

Technomancer
Tegra 3 as well as Tegra 2 GPU were never the most powerful :).

Tegra 3 GPU was the weakest among the high end chips last year. Adreno 225 as well as GS3's Mali400MP4 trounced it easily.

And the Adreno 305 is a slightly more powerful sibling of Adreno 225.

I too agree that Adreno 305 > Tegra 3 ULP, but CPU performance, both are approx same, no noticable difference

But seeing the overall package ......

Advantages of Xperia L:
- Better GPU
- Brand value, SONY, so better service network

Advantages of XOLO Play
- 4.7" HD display, so better screen than Xperia L

Build quality of Xolo is ok for its price
I would recommend Xolo Play just because of its screen

OP
A

aAdirulz

Broken In
If your priority is gaming then get Xperia L

Adreno 305 > Tegra 3 Geforce ULP

Advantage in % of Adreno 305 over Tegra 3 Geforce ULP in some key benchmarks -

3DMark 13 for Android - +40%
Antutu 3D rating - +34%
Antutu 3D rating off screen - +29%
GLBenchmark 2.5 - Egypt HD Fixed Time - +141%
GLBenchmark 2.5 - Egypt HD Offscreen Fixed Time 1920x1080 - +66%
AnTuTu Benchmark v3 - GPU - +34%

Source

NVIDIA GeForce ULP (Tegra 3) - NotebookCheck.net Tech

thanks @randomuser111 fot this use ful info
n wht would u choose if u have 2?

I too agree that Adreno 305 > Tegra 3 ULP, but CPU performance, both are approx same, no noticable difference

But seeing the overall package ......

Advantages of Xperia L:
- Better GPU
- Brand value, SONY, so better service network

Advantages of XOLO Play
- 4.7" HD display, so better screen than Xperia L

Build quality of Xolo is ok for its price
I would recommend Xolo Play just because of its screen

thanx @anupam_pb for the info n choice
m leaning towards Xperia coz of its brand n After sales

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
If there is not much difference in price, then I would suggest Xperia L mainly due to peace of mind. With Xolo, you have to be lucky not to face any problem. In case you are stuck with any problem with the phone, getting it repaired will be a big headache, and with Sony you can be rest assured that you'll never have that problem.

A.S.S is extremely important. I can tell this from my own personal experience. I recently bought Nexus4, and it had problems with BT headset pairing from day1. I was extremely frustrated and even thought of selling it in OLX! Then sense prevailed and I called up LG customer care, and was directed to nearest service center. They flashed the phone with latest binary and it has fixed a couple of issues, and I'm quite happy with the phone performance now. So ASS is very important. Just my 2 cents.

OP
A

aAdirulz

Broken In
guys have ordered Xperia L just now fells crazy dying to get hands on it

If there is not much difference in price, then I would suggest Xperia L mainly due to peace of mind. With Xolo, you have to be lucky not to face any problem. In case you are stuck with any problem with the phone, getting it repaired will be a big headache, and with Sony you can be rest assured that you'll never have that problem.

A.S.S is extremely important. I can tell this from my own personal experience. I recently bought Nexus4, and it had problems with BT headset pairing from day1. I was extremely frustrated and even thought of selling it in OLX! Then sense prevailed and I called up LG customer care, and was directed to nearest service center. They flashed the phone with latest binary and it has fixed a couple of issues, and I'm quite happy with the phone performance now. So ASS is very important. Just my 2 cents.

thanxs webgenius

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
guys have ordered Xperia L just now fells crazy dying to get hands on it
Good choice. Even I ordered Xperia L for my spouse, and will arive by mail today. Looks like Sony hit the golden egg this time with Xpera L with so many buyers.

Good choice. Even I ordered Xperia L for my spouse, and will arive by mail today. Looks like Sony hit the golden egg this time with Xpera L with so many buyers.

Thats true, last year it was Xperia U but it had a major con of no SD card support & only 4GB user accessible memory

umm i dunno if i am late..
You see, for pure gaming purpose, i would recommend the LAVA phone.
There are some games which are Tegra only, like there is one really nice 3D boxing game Fight Night or something. So whether u have Adreno 305,320,330 or PowerVrSGX 545 mp4/mp8 u cant play those exclusive titles.

The Tegra 3 GPU is weaker than Adreno 305 ,its a fact..but there is not a single game that cant run well on Tegra 3. Dead Trigger's volumetric effects like smoke from gun barrel etc can be rendered flawlessly on Tegra 3. Correct me if i am wrong ,but tegra 3 phones can run every friggin game in all its glory..

Secondly, screen size. 4.3" is kinda tiny when playing some games,specially those Modern Combat 4 games.
And then the resolution. If u are a PC gamer, u surely know what a huge difference resolution makes when it comes to playing games.

The Xperia L is no doubt a good phone,and being me, id pick it up over LAVA or MICROMAX or iBALL...Its just me, i am brand fanatic and very conscious about after sales service.

But if i were you,with gaming being primary, i will buy the LAVA XOLO Play

OP
A

aAdirulz

Broken In
umm i dunno if i am late..
You see, for pure gaming purpose, i would recommend the LAVA phone.
There are some games which are Tegra only, like there is one really nice 3D boxing game Fight Night or something. So whether u have Adreno 305,320,330 or PowerVrSGX 545 mp4/mp8 u cant play those exclusive titles.

The Tegra 3 GPU is weaker than Adreno 305 ,its a fact..but there is not a single game that cant run well on Tegra 3. Dead Trigger's volumetric effects like smoke from gun barrel etc can be rendered flawlessly on Tegra 3. Correct me if i am wrong ,but tegra 3 phones can run every friggin game in all its glory..

Secondly, screen size. 4.3" is kinda tiny when playing some games,specially those Modern Combat 4 games.
And then the resolution. If u are a PC gamer, u surely know what a huge difference resolution makes when it comes to playing games.

The Xperia L is no doubt a good phone,and being me, id pick it up over LAVA or MICROMAX or iBALL...Its just me, i am brand fanatic and very conscious about after sales service.

But if i were you,with gaming being primary, i will buy the LAVA XOLO Play

thankx dude for our input bt at last i wanted to pla safe bet coz for me 15k is a lot of money n buying a Lava nd dn giving clarification about the brand n the products is a bit unlikely as most of the people apart 4m techez dont even know to use 60% of the products as basic needs r only social networking bla bla..
i asked my friends also many suggested grand - i nly know 1thing is showoff n bigger is better bt nt in my case
i also choose Xperia L coz buy relation with desi brand is not good.. Have a Micromax funbook P300 n phone both services sucked

OP
A

aAdirulz

Broken In

congo buddy

Oh, the Xolo Play is 165gms, so its very heavy..... Xperia L is a good choice, u wont regret. Use Chainfire for Tegra games.

i know bt having problems while using it mine Micromax p300 can u guide me r link plz

Top Bottom