Macs Really Do Run Windows Better

Status
Not open for further replies.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
infra_red_dude said:
then why provide optical drives? if company thinks that the user is incompetant to install OS then how can the company think that he'll be able to install some other software? how many user inputs do the newer OSs require? as for your "most customers (Read: noob)", since they are "noobies" they haf every chance of messing wid the recovery partition. at least in dell its not hidden.

this is stupid logic and $25 for media is crazy and exhorbitant. you pay for the OS then extra for the media!!! how much does it cost them to master the installation media in bulk??? i dunno why the companies don't get such a simple point.
25$ for a disk.

Dell charges around 1K for a basic install.
But here is the joke - they recommend that you go for a 2 partitions system. And you can get that for just Rs.750 more.

goobimama

 Macboy
gx isnt the 1 who is promoting it its the companies like dell and hp who are by not giving the installation cd along with the comp
Now what kind of a stupid statement is that? Seriously. There's no use arguing with you...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
goobimama said:
And shame on you GX for supporting piracy...

Actually, you can also download Vista ISO from Windows Market place & try for 4 months legally. So, i m not supporting piracy at all. :)

this is stupid logic and $25 for media is crazy and exhorbitant. you pay for the OS then extra for the media!!! how much does it cost them to master the installation media in bulk??? i dunno why the companies don't get such a simple point.

Abe even I agree & hate Dell etc for doing this. Peace now :D

goobimama

 Macboy
Well could you provide a link to back your claim? Cause to me it seems like you have to "buy and download" the vista upgrade editions...

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, you do. What he is saying is pure bullshit. One valid registration key only works with one copy of the OS.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
now that is bullsh!t ... 1 copy of the OS doesnt mean a particular dvd or cd ... yaar arya kabhie kabhie toh tu kuch bhi bol jata hai :lol:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well its true that certain copies are locked. i've faced this in XP. my cuz bro has a toshiba notebook (i forgot the model). it was bundled wid XP. the disk got scratched and i tried to install XP wid my CD but his product key. it didn't work. he got the CD of a retail copy of XP from his office, but cudn't get it to work. so jus like you haf the oem royalty tag, the oem key won't work on all disks esp. on retail discs.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
it totally depends though im sure contacting MS or toshiba shudv solved the problem :) which im sure u wudv tried but then tech support is weird ...

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yeah obviously, since he's paid for it he shud get full support and he did get it. there was carry in warranty. so XP was installed at the service center wid their own XP disc. thats not the point. the point is that all keys won't work wid all copies. so i believe its always better to haf a recovery partition as well as the original oem media provided (by MS) so that we can haf a system sans crapware.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ i dont think its MS that doesnt give the cd along with the OS ... coz most of my frenz hav got cds and dvds and also some have asked and got them frm the vendors .... not sure whether its MS thats 'not' giving the cds or its the vendor

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
You are the only one here who keeps dragging Microsoft into the issue. We are totally not discussing them here.

narangz

Web developer
I can't find Vista trial anywhere. This link:
Microsoft Products has all the Windows products but trial is only available for Windows XP Pro.

aryayush said:
What's that phrase... "inferiority complex".

Yes, Mac is inferior to Windows :D

Offtopic- Arrey Arya tu sota kab hai? Posting at 4:18AM. Wow!

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Aisa hi hai, yaar. When you live alone, you do get to enjoy some liberty. I like working at night. So, I just leave my Mac open and take breaks in between to browse the Internet. :)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
salesman said:
What he is saying is pure bullshit. One valid registration key only works with one copy of the OS.
wrong info

i was just trying to clear mis conceptions when u jumped in saying tis not lawsy like this or that ... inferiority complex for what ... the discussion was going where u were taking i was replying to stupid statements made by all of u :)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
What he is saying is pure bullshit. One valid registration key only works with one copy of the OS.

With Vista there is only one SKU. Means just one DVD. You can enter your OEM key which is tied to the hardware it was bundled with on a DVD. Simple....

You can move a retail key from one computer to another computer but an OEM key is tied to one computer only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom