MacOS X : Got it running on PC finally

Status
Not open for further replies.

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
i have tried Mac OS X 10.4.7 on VMWare.
it worked flawlessly once installed, though it took me 3 days to figure out how to install.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
pathiks said:
k... not as adventurous as i had thot.... or as the guides said... :p

adventurous , i Actually installed it 11 times to get it working and most importantly i Lost 30 Gigs of Dragonball Z episodes , 32 GB of OC Episodes , 6 Gigs Of LOST Episodes , 10 Gigs Of movies , My Whole Program Files Folder , 150 Gig of music collection :mad: :mad: , now that's quite a loss .

freebird said:
^^^
Windows support task force here,am i right?
ahh , all we were missing was a Linux taskforce :D

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
even i lost an entire partition of 30 gigs when trying to install natively.
i gave up after that.
but i still have that vmware image.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
sachin_kothari said:
i gave up after that.

i tried it on VMWare but couldn't get it to boot after install so had to do real install :)

btw , Aryayush , how do i get the middle mouse button to work so that smotth scrolling works ?

sachin_kothari said:
i gave up after that.
i lost total 210 GB of data , n dunno what the partitioner did the second time i couldn't recover a single file even after running recovery soft for whole night

Last edited:

kato

Karthiksn
Quite a remarkable feat I must say and sorry for your loss(my heartiest condolences.)

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
mAV3 said:
wud be it safer to create a partiton before running the install

yes, but i didnt understand what partition it is erasing.
i created an empty 30 gb partition, but it deleted some other partition.
dont know why.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
@Freebird

:?

The problem with MacOS X is that it expects you to either have a compleately new unformated harddisk or an existing HFS partition. If you have a harddisk with FAT32 partitions etc i will remove it cos it is looking for a proper Macish HD.

A better way is to boot using Linux live CD & make a 10 GB HFS Partition for MacOS X. Now boot from the MacOS X DVD & installin this this 10 GB Partition. Also make a FAT32 partition so that you can share files among Windows & Mac in dual boot cos Mac doesn't support writing to NTFS Partition.

Last edited:

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
Tell me the difference between Mac OS X Leopard Sneak Peek and Mac OS X Tiger. Also can I run Mac OS X on my computer? If yes then which Mac OS X better for me? My PC config is as follows:
1 GB RAM
1.8 GHz Intel P4
VIA motherboard (very old)
32 MB onboard 3D accelerated video memory (does not support pixel shedder)
DVD+-RW
40 GB HDD (15 GB-15 GB-10 GB partitions)

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
You got a Via chipset. I advise not to install it. If you do want to then google is your best friend.

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ leopard hasnt yet released.. They r just givin a demo of its features.. Thats the sneekpeek.. The latest version is os x 10.4.9 tiger..
@mav3 either create a hfs partition or leave unallocated space..

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
arya said:
You have got the wrong person to discuss Mac OS X
Right, you are the one waiting for some Apple representative to look in this forum & give you a job in Apple service centre as "Mac Genius", with no hardware knowledge or how computers work :D. When did you and andy started working on Mac ? After 2005 I guess. When did I started using it? PowerPC G3 + MacOS X 10.2 days. ;)

You are looking for people like goobimama, mail2and and nepcker.
Where were you along with nepcker & andy when Ilugd asked help regarding his Pro synthesiser for Music creation not working in Mac? As far as I know none of the mac users replied in that thread which itself says how limited & Mac-centric there knowledge is.

I do not consider goobi as a macboy, he is indeed....but not this extreme ;). Anyway I don't want to make this thread also one of those threads so arya plz do not post anything fanboyish in this thread. We are not runing MacOS on Apple hardware so your assistence is hardly not required in this thread. Plz post only when it makes sence & do not show off.

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
Installing OS X on anything but a Mac is against the EULA and hence illegal, even if you prove that you actually purchased your copy.

If you're having problems with your PC-installs of OSX, this is not the place you go to for support.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom