Macbook Pro or Macbook Air

aroraanant

Explorer
Hey guys please tell me which one is better a Macbook Pro or a Macbook Air.
As I m planning to buy a 13" base model of anyone among them next month most probably will get it from abroad or from ebay.
So I need your suggestions.

pauldmps

Banned
Macbook Pro (Sandy-Bridge) has better specs that Macbook Air (obviously).

But keep these things in mind:

1. Even notebooks half the price of Macbook , have much better performance.

2. There are certain issues with new Sandy-bridge Macbooks (display & performance). Plus some reports indicate poor cooling & Turbo-boost on processor not working.

3. Apple products attract very high custom duties, so unless someone brings it in person to India, get ready to pay about 20% to 30% duty.

All in all, a Macbook isn't something justified at its price. It is more of a showoff.

coolest111

Journeyman
Macbook pro will be better as it will fetch u more config than Macbook air @ same price....
I own Macbook Pro And I Love It.......and its worth the cost!!!!!!!

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Personally, I wouldn't really go for the 13" Macbook Pro as it only offers Intel HD 3000 graphics.

OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
Hey I m currently using an inspiron with good config, and have also used many other but this time a want a Mac,I have heard much about and now I personally want to feel.
Just suggest me which one I should go for pro or air

coolest111

Journeyman
he is getting frm US or so there generally r options to customize ur laptop like we do have for dell in india......(In India we have limited option to apple products....as alwayz...)
and ya have graphics card....

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
he is getting frm US or so there generally r options to customize ur laptop like we do have for dell in india......(In India we have limited option to apple products....as alwayz...)
and ya have graphics card....
No, you can't have a dedicated GPU in the 13" model after customization.

pauldmps

Banned
^^ That was the last generation Macbooks, not the Sandy-bridge ones. Newer Sandy-bridge ones come with ATI GPUs & the 13" model comes only with integrated Intel HD Graphics.

coolest111

Journeyman
^^my mistake...but they should have included gpu in 13''
anyways get AIR but HDD sapce is only prob with it....if r able to afford a 256gb SSD model then might be able to afford 15'' PRO....
and if want small screen go with AIR....

OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
^^my mistake...but they should have included gpu in 13''
anyways get AIR but HDD sapce is only prob with it....if r able to afford a 256gb SSD model then might be able to afford 15'' PRO....
and if want small screen go with AIR....

I can afford only base models.
An I think HDD is not a big deal as we can attach a external HDD

Top Bottom