Lumia 920 or Galaxy Note II

DOST_FRIEND59

Broken In
I am going to purchase a new phone today or tomorrow as my current phone is giving me a lot of trouble.

now i have made two conclusions

Nokia Lumia 920
or
Samsung Galaxy Note II

both phone comes under similar price category.

920 for 36k
&
Note II for 34k

Lumia attracts me for it's features and windows OS and Note II pulls me for it's big display and it's more ram.
now what should be the final decision.

thanks in advance.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Tough to choose one outta those two, but I'll say Note 2 has slight advantage over Lumia 920 in that case.
What accounts for Note 2 are:
◆ Better(!) & bigger display
◆ S-Pen functionality
◆ LED Notifications
◆ Play Store
◆ Customisable UI
◆ SD card slot

What accounts for Lumia 920 are:
◆ Way superior build quality and aesthetics
◆ Better camera
◆ Smaller, so one hand operation will be easier.
◆ Win Mob 8 is more fluid than JB, less laggy.
But Win Mob 8 is still new and its kinda immature than Android. Play Store has it's advantages over Windows Store. Lumia 920 has no user replaceable battery. As per review its audio quality is not that good and etc.
If you buy Note 2, you'll like it undoubtedly, if you could handle that size, but you always have to be scared of dropping it, it shatters, unless you buy a protective case, which will add additional dimensions however.
Read the review of both the phones in detail, make your choice.

hari1

In the zone
Just one thing, you don't want lag, you don't want note 2 until something like limepie fixes it.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
If you want to stand out in the crowd of Androids, Get Lumia 920. You won't regret for sure.

mitraark

Decrepit
I've used a Lumia 800 and I don't want to sound like an Android fanboy , but you'll definitely like using Android over Windows phone , for now atleast. The Play store is the definitive advantage for Android, even though Lumia has all the basic apps installed, if you compare it with Android you'll feel locked down, and I am not saying this from a "technically inclined" user's perspective. Android may seem way to complicated to someone not familiar with it at first, but even they would get used to the interface in a few days time. Many simple, uncommon, and some even practically useless apps, makes Android a wonderful experience for almost any kinduof user.
Yes there is more lag in Android, but if you use it carefully without bloating it with abusrrd amount of apps , it'll run ok.

If you want to choose Lumia 920 over Note II, it'll be because of the size, the latter is quite difficult to carry for many.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
I've used a Lumia 800 and I don't want to sound like an Android fanboy , but you'll definitely like using Android over Windows phone , for now atleast. The Play store is the definitive advantage for Android, even though Lumia has all the basic apps installed, if you compare it with Android you'll feel locked down, and I am not saying this from a "technically inclined" user's perspective. Android may seem way to complicated to someone not familiar with it at first, but even they would get used to the interface in a few days time. Many simple, uncommon, and some even practically useless apps, makes Android a wonderful experience for almost any kinduof user.
Yes there is more lag in Android, but if you use it carefully without bloating it with abusrrd amount of apps , it'll run ok.

If you want to choose Lumia 920 over Note II, it'll be because of the size, the latter is quite difficult to carry for many.

its simple, if you fall for windows then you want your next device to be windows, else android.

i'd say if you are looking for a phone for good multimedia features and dont care much about installing tons and tons of crap apps to find that only some are useful, id suggest get a wp8.

Keep It Simple. ( i think this should be the tagline of wp8 :D )

OP
D

DOST_FRIEND59

Broken In
Well for beginning size of my hands in not the issue because i have got some big hands being 6.2 ft tall guy with nice build.

secondly today when i went to a mobile shop nearby the guy completely changed my perspective from galaxy note ii to lumia 920 showing it's some camera features talking about some other gaming features, but camera is not the thing a person buys such an expensive phone.

i am totally confused as a person does not invest such a huge money everyday on phones because i will be forced to stick with that phone for atleast 1.5 years.

i am not able to get a final decision and i am in a sort of dilemma.

mitraark

Decrepit
its simple, if you fall for windows then you want your next device to be windows, else android.

i'd say if you are looking for a phone for good multimedia features and dont care much about installing tons and tons of crap apps to find that only some are useful, id suggest get a wp8.

Keep It Simple. ( i think this should be the tagline of wp8 :D )

I think we should not generalize all applications as crap apps, i have an app which is basically a game to balance the stick on the surface of your screen , it's bascially useless , but still fun.

Keep it simple, not limited.

I feel the Lumia 920 is grossly overpriced, i am quite certain it will fall to 25 k within a few months.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
I think we should not generalize all applications as crap apps, i have an app which is basically a game to balance the stick on the surface of your screen , it's bascially useless , but still fun.

Keep it simple, not limited.

I feel the Lumia 920 is grossly overpriced, i am quite certain it will fall to 25 k within a few months.

well why dont you take a look at the millions of apps in the play store, and list 20 apps which you really use. excluding games there wont be more than 10.

Well for beginning size of my hands in not the issue because i have got some big hands being 6.2 ft tall guy with nice build.

secondly today when i went to a mobile shop nearby the guy completely changed my perspective from galaxy note ii to lumia 920 showing it's some camera features talking about some other gaming features, but camera is not the thing a person buys such an expensive phone.

i am totally confused as a person does not invest such a huge money everyday on phones because i will be forced to stick with that phone for atleast 1.5 years.

i am not able to get a final decision and i am in a sort of dilemma.

dont believe what sales people tell you.. all sorts of crap, id suggest take a look at the in-depth review of both the phones on youtube.

id suggest wait 2-3 months as both the phones ( note 2 and lumia 920 ) will face a price drop and stiff competition from the new phones like the xperia Z ....

if buying a phone is a necessity, then get the lumia 920. its selling like hot cakes.

i think must read... from lumia 920 wiki page :

Sales of the Lumia 920 have been well behind the iPhone 5 and the Samsung Galaxy S III.[51]
It has been sold out in thousands of retailers around the world due to limited device supply. Nokia has admitted that they decided to introduce the Lumia 920 in a very deliberate and thoughtful manner, since they were worried that the phone might not be met well which would then leave them with a surplus of units that were unsold.[52]
In Germany, the device sold out within the first few hours of availability.[53][54] In Nokia's native country Finland, the phone launched on November 22, and has been sold-out even on pre-orders.[55] It has also been out of stock in Australia, China and the UK.[56] In the UAE, where the device launched on November 25, Nokia also ran out of stock.[57] The USA has also seen millions of customers still waiting for more stock to arrive.[58] On Amazon's best seller list, the Lumia 920 has, as of November 18, become the best-selling phone of the week, ruling the number one, two, and four spots.[59] In the UK, it topped the Expansys' chart during the same period.[60]
Before the device initially went on sale, pre-orders were especially strong in Italy, where it was sold out in just 10 days of its first availability, on October 15.[61] On the same day, it topped the charts in France, beating the already-available iPhone 5, LG Optimus L3, Sony Xperia U and Samsung Galaxy Ace.[62]
On November 23, it was reported that the device has had 2.5 million pre-orders around the world in just three weeks of availability. In comparison, that's more than the entire (previous) Lumia range (610, 710, 800, 900) sold in the whole of the third quarter of 2012, which is three months.[63]
The device launched in China on December 23 and has been a hit. Crowds gathered in front of Nokia stores during launch and many stores, such as one in Shanghai, became out of stock within just 2 hours.[64]
The apparent success of the Lumia 920 has helped Nokia's stock to reach a 7 month-high of $3.40 as of November 22, having jumped 21% in just five days.[65]

aroraanant

Explorer
If you want to buy Note 2 then it can be bought for 32.5k from tradus.
Apart from that Note 2 is a lovely phone, the S-Pen feature is just great and is actually very much useful.I would highly recommend it.
On the other hand Nokia 920 is a windows phone, it won't lag but you won't also find much apps for it.So in future you will get bored of it.If you want a simple and a lag free phone then get a Lumia otherwise you know.

OP
D

DOST_FRIEND59

Broken In
Galaxy Note II - Photos

Galaxy Note II - Photos

*t4.pixhost.org/thumbs/2085/15798008_dsc00529.jpg
*t4.pixhost.org/thumbs/2085/15798045_dsc00530.jpg
*t4.pixhost.org/thumbs/2085/15798078_dsc00531.jpg
*t2.pixhost.org/thumbs/4464/15798092_dsc00532.jpg

along it i got a Sandisk 16gb memory card.

Top Bottom