lumia 620 or motorola atrix 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
Hello everyone
I currently own motorola fire XT and planning to buy a new phone. My 2 choices are Lumia 620(to be launched in feb) or Motorola Atrix 2(After price drop comes in my budget).
I'd like have some suggestions regarding these 2 phones.

Please note I won't prefer any phone other than these 2 brands as I've had great experience with them and not so good experience with Sony and Samsung.

OP
R

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
Which one do you like?
Droid or wp 8
simple

Which one do you like?
Droid or wp 8
simple

I'm indifferent about that, see at my studio I use a 12 core mac at home an Octa core PC with windows 8 and an android as phone. So for me it doesn't matter if its Android or Windows.
All that matters to me is the performance of the device. If you can help me understanding that, I'd be very grateful.

OP
R

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
lumia 620.... check the hardware specs.

I did and that's where m confused. Atrix 2 has a S3 dual core processor which is old but 1gb RAM would cover it and its screen size is 4.3". On the other hand Lumia 620 has the latest S4 series processor but the RAM is 512mb and the screen size is 3.8".
I know both phones are on completely different platforms but the question is which phone performs better with their respective hardware. I don't have any idea about how much resources Windows 8 phone would require to work smooth but as far as android is concerned, with Atrix 2 specs it performs very well.

vetdrchandan

Broken In
i am also planning to buy Nokia Lumia 620, if it will available around 12000. Although i am a great fan of android and currently writing from Xperia neo v. Spec wise that phone look good i am just worried about apps.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
+1 Lumia 620. Smoother than the Atrix 2 can ever be. 512 mb Ram is enough for WP8. And a couple more reasons:

Lumia 620 running WP8 should get software updates .
Motorola Atrix 2 stopped services in Asia.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
Second that...the A116 hasnt even been fully released. But definitely is a good choice. @Op you should pick one from among the A116 and the Lumia 620.

OP
R

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
+1 Lumia 620. Smoother than the Atrix 2 can ever be. 512 mb Ram is enough for WP8. And a couple more reasons:

Lumia 620 running WP8 should get software updates .
Motorola Atrix 2 stopped services in Asia.
Are you sure about the RAM thing?
And Motorola will continue to provide services for its products for a year atleast.

Second that...the A116 hasnt even been fully released. But definitely is a good choice. @Op you should pick one from among the A116 and the Lumia 620.

I'm not going for Micromax, they've nothing but cheap Chinese phones and its not opinion, its a fact. I'd prefer Huawei over micromax atleast they're proud and good quality Chinese manufacturers. But for now I think I should go for Lumia 620 only. If someone has any other opinions please let me know before the Lumia 620 hits the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom