Youngling
nokia all the way..bcoz of
1.nokia maps(better than google maps),
2.smooth,lag free interface..
3. looks ver cool..!!
u can also consider htc windows phone..

Empirial

Youngling
You can also look at Huawei Ascend G600. Spec wise this phone is same as 1st Gen HTC Sensation. Also, Atrix 2 has TI OMAP 4430 Processor not Snapdragon S3.

OP
R

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
You can also look at Huawei Ascend G600. Spec wise this phone is same as 1st Gen HTC Sensation.

Between Huawei and Motorola, I'd choose Motorola, the difference between Atrix 2 and G600 is 0.2ghz and 0.2" not a big difference, also Atrix 2 has 1gb RAM as opposed to 768mb in G600.
So overall both the phones are same but one is Motorola.

Also, Atrix 2 has TI OMAP 4430 Processor not Snapdragon S3.
Yeah it is not Snapdragon 3, made a mistake.

OP
R

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
@ritwik, so you decided? lumia 620? maybe you can also wait for the lumia 720 ?

I believe Lumia 620 is the phone for me. About Lumia 720, that phone doesn't exist. My current phone is going through a mental trauma(after it fell and bounced on Metro station's stairs) so the max I can wait is till feb and Lumia 720 will take another 9 months see the light.

tkin

Back to school!!
I'm also lining up for the Lumia 620, I guess around 13-15k, total VFM, if it crosses 15k then it's better to buy LG Optimus L9, also motorola support in India is non existent, if anything goes wrong you won't be able to claim warranty.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
@OP: Check out Huawei Ascend W1 too. But, it is yet to be launched in India. It is priced lesser than L620 in China.

OP
R

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
@OP: Check out Huawei Ascend W1 too. But, it is yet to be launched in India. It is priced lesser than L620 in China.

Both Lumia 620 and Ascend W1 have almost same specs(Ascend is 0.2ghz and 0.2" bigger) but still I'd prefer Nokia. But lets see how the reviews of Ascend W1 go.

ujjwal321

Journeyman
I would suggest an android over a windows phone.. Why invest in a platform which is in its infancy when u can get a better device with a much matured os?? Android has come a long way and its awesome if the hardware is up to the mark (which is the case with atrix 2).

OP
R

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
I would suggest an android over a windows phone.. Why invest in a platform which is in its infancy when u can get a better device with a much matured os?? Android has come a long way and its awesome if the hardware is up to the mark (which is the case with atrix 2).
Please bro don't say Infant OS or matured OS!
Windows has been into smartphone market way before Android even came into existence also Android is a damn resource eater. My current phone's hardware is enough to run windows 7.5 smoothly but with Android its nothing but lags and lags. The reason I shortlisted Atrix 2 was that its hardware was sufficient for the smooth functioning with Android OS, with windows half the specs perform equally fluid.
The only great thing about android is the app market which is amazing but that is it for android.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Both Lumia 620 and Ascend W1 have almost same specs(Ascend is 0.2ghz and 0.2" bigger) but still I'd prefer Nokia. But lets see how the reviews of Ascend W1 go.

You won't be wrong with Nokia as you would get exclusive Nokia Apps

tkin

Back to school!!
Please bro don't say Infant OS or matured OS!
Windows has been into smartphone market way before Android even came into existence also Android is a damn resource eater. My current phone's hardware is enough to run windows 7.5 smoothly but with Android its nothing but lags and lags. The reason I shortlisted Atrix 2 was that its hardware was sufficient for the smooth functioning with Android OS, with windows half the specs perform equally fluid.
The only great thing about android is the app market which is amazing but that is it for android.
Agreed.

Also android market is hugely bloated, there are good apps, and there are useless dupes, some apps don't even make sense, most good apps are there in WP market.

The reason people consider android is for cracked apps, such thing does not exist for Win phone market(I think).

Yeah I think so..I've heard great things about Nokia Navigation, which is very important to me as I've this habit of getting lost.
Its one of the best out there, the maps are damn accurate, GPS took a little long to lock on(for my 5800) but once locked it worked great.

You won't be wrong with Nokia as you would get exclusive Nokia Apps
City lens, wonder if it would work in India, it would be awesome.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
City lens work great here in meerut..... And is really accurate.....

It would be nice if Nokia lists all the cities where City Lens will work. I would appreciate that. If there is any listing already, Let me know.

City lens work great here in meerut..... And is really accurate.....

It would be nice if Nokia lists all the cities where City Lens will work. I would appreciate that. If there is any listing already, Let me know.

OP
R

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
Guys I just noticed that the price of Xolo X900 has dropped to Rs.15K and I've heard good things about this phone. The intel processor does perform well.
Anyone has any views on it?

ironfreak

Journeyman
@OP: WP8 is facing the "other" storage issue. But Lumia 620 seems to be an amazing product. I suggest lets wait for the in-depth review. I think WP8 will work best with your Win8 desk. :)

Shah

Cyborg Agent
@OP: WP8 is facing the "other" storage issue. But Lumia 620 seems to be an amazing product. I suggest lets wait for the in-depth review. I think WP8 will work best with your Win8 desk. :)

Read this review.

Nokia Lumia 620 Review: | Mobile Phone Reviews

Read this review.

*www.dialaphone.co.uk/blog/2013/01/24/nokia-lumia-620-review-lighting-the-way-for-low-cost-handsets/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom