Lumia 520 : Discussion thread

Are you a Lumia 520 user?

• Total voters
OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
yeah im still skeptical about updating yet,battery life is poor on DP,so i downgraded back to cyan
live folders and cortana alpha india are yummy on DP though
Nothing to worry about, as this is a dev-preview update and you've already downgraded to Cyan.
Am still on DP, and waiting for MS to fix the Bitlocker issue to update directly.

I don't want to undergo the cumbersome process of resetting and reinstalling all those apps/games again. :/

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Nothing to worry about, as this is a dev-preview update and you've already downgraded to Cyan.
Am still on DP, and waiting for MS to fix the Bitlocker issue to update directly.

I don't want to undergo the cumbersome process of resetting and reinstalling all those apps/games again. :/

yeah i know,been there done that :p

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
I want to know whether class 10 micro SD card will be useful if I start transferring all applications & heavy games to sd card ?

- - - Updated - - -

Is CORTANA available for official Win 8.1 users in India.
If yes help me to activate her.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I want to know whether class 10 micro SD card will be useful if I start transferring all applications & heavy games to sd card ?

- - - Updated - - -

Is CORTANA available for official Win 8.1 users in India.
If yes help me to activate her.

class 10 is better if you can get it but even class 4 is fast enough,given a choice and enough budget class 10 as pc transfers will be much faster
cortana india is only on Dev preview for now,you can even use the US region cortana on Cyan though
US version works better for now

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Re: Lumia 52X : Discussion thread

Pc transfer speed is not important as I do not intend to use music or videos
Mainly the apps / games & its data would be transferred to card....

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Re: Lumia 52X : Discussion thread

I did that today morning but still it showed me the same speech functionality that we get for indian region...

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Bit off topic
Need advice on class 10 Memory cards for Lumia 520. I'll be transferring all apps & games to SD card so it should be fast enough.
Which one should I go for out of following ?

1. transcend
Amazon.in: Buy Transcend microSDHC10 Premium 16GB Class 10 Memory Card Online at Low Prices in India | Transcend Reviews & Ratings

2. Strontium
Amazon.in: Buy Strontium Nitro 16Gb Class 10 MicroSDHC UHS-1 Online at Low Prices in India | Strontium Reviews & Ratings

3. Sandisk
Amazon.in: Buy Sandisk Ultra microSDHC UHS-I 16GB Class 10 Memory Card with Adapter Online at Low Prices in India | SanDisk Reviews & Ratings

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
Did you Changed the region and language setting to USA Before update ?

After the update.. Change the region, speech and keypad to English (USA)

- - - Updated - - -

The downside of 8.1 Cyan-
1. Apps are taking a notch greater time to start (you feel the delay of about 1/2 a second on tapping an app tile and the actual opening of the app, the screen just freezes for that duration)
2. Battery life when on Mobile Network has gone down greatly.. Earlier i could get 19-20 hours with the mobile network and litlle bit of Whatsapp, viber and chaton but now its about 10-11 hours..

Top Bottom