Lumia 520 : Discussion thread

Are you a Lumia 520 user?

• Total voters

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
hehe, my friend got this phone for Rs. 7300 during Amazon Diwali sale.

Amazon had 10% cashback with Axis bank cards. He purchased via my card.

So the phone has now cost him Rs. 6500. Sweet deal he got.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So all the geeks who own Lumia 520... answer this.

Is there some possibility to connect Lumia 520 with a monitor which say an HDMI cable or to USB post directly so that I can watch the videos stored on Lumia directly on the TV? :?

My dad has to copy the content onto a Pen drive and then view them on PC.

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
Is there some possibility to connect Lumia 520 with a monitor which say an HDMI cable or to USB post directly so that I can watch the videos stored on Lumia directly on the TV? :?
That's set for WP8.1. Just wait for it.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
So all the geeks who own Lumia 520... answer this.

My dad has to copy the content onto a Pen drive and then view them on PC.

Google DLNA, if you have a compatible TV. Not sure how it works myself though...

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
i think,this feature was available in one of the previous versions i had. but later removed in the newer version. it is using huge data for that reason :(

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
i think,this feature was available in one of the previous versions i had. but later removed in the newer version. it is using huge data for that reason :(
WhatsApp set to receive Media Autodownload settings with save-audio in future update | Windows Phone Central

Awesome problem. After two days of perfect 3G, it's gone. Poof. Called up Aircel CS, they tried to help, told me to go to settings--> mobile data--> network selection--> WCDMA... I was like, dude, GSM/WCDMA options don't exist. Instead there is the option for 2G and 3G in Highest Connection Speed. I told them I had flawless 3G for two days so it shouldn't be coverage issue. I guess I'll have to go to the local Aircel office and see wht happens. :(

Funny thing is, I had to manually send "START 3G" to 121 to get the 3G signal on the 19th, which was the date of data pack auto-activation in my postpaid plan. Guess there lies the problem. Automatic **** doesn't work in Lumia 520 I guess. Any insight on this guys?? I tried rebooting the phone. Even removed SIM and turned it on. Put in back in and the phone boots with a message "Your phone is now in GSM mode". Which isn't good. GSM = 2G. :(

I don't even have another micro-SIM with active internet around, so I can't even troubleshoot properly.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Awesome problem. After two days of perfect 3G, it's gone. Poof. Called up Aircel CS, they tried to help, told me to go to settings--> mobile data--> network selection--> WCDMA... I was like, dude, GSM/WCDMA options don't exist. Instead there is the option for 2G and 3G in Highest Connection Speed. I told them I had flawless 3G for two days so it shouldn't be coverage issue. I guess I'll have to go to the local Aircel office and see wht happens. :(

Funny thing is, I had to manually send "START 3G" to 121 to get the 3G signal on the 19th, which was the date of data pack auto-activation in my postpaid plan. Guess there lies the problem. Automatic **** doesn't work in Lumia 520 I guess. Any insight on this guys?? I tried rebooting the phone. Even removed SIM and turned it on. Put in back in and the phone boots with a message "Your phone is now in GSM mode". Which isn't good. GSM = 2G. :(

I don't even have another micro-SIM with active internet around, so I can't even troubleshoot properly.

I had 3G for a while when on my previous phone, L920 and as far I remember, I didnt have to download any settings at all - the ones that I downloaded didnt work either due to some kind of message format issue. All I remember was setting the option - like you mentioned - inside the "Highest connection speed" option.

I had 3G for a while when on my previous phone, L920 and as far I remember, I didnt have to download any settings at all - the ones that I downloaded didnt work either due to some kind of message format issue. All I remember was setting the option - like you mentioned - inside the "Highest connection speed" option.

That's all good but I'm really stuck. It shouldn't be a phone issue since 3G was working. *sigh* :(

ashusood331

Broken In
Although I am not a user of Nokia Lumia 520 but it has always been reviewed as a competent smartphone from Nokia, it has no front facing camera and this could be disappointing for users as they would miss the fun of video calling.

Terabyte

In the zone
My grandfather will be buying Lumia 520 by month end.
He wants to know if the phone supports Hindi, Marathi and Gujrathi languages?
Basically he needs them to type out messages in those languages. So does the phone support them?

Thanks!

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
My grandfather will be buying Lumia 520 by month end.
He wants to know if the phone supports Hindi, Marathi and Gujrathi languages?
Basically he needs them to type out messages in those languages. So does the phone support them?

Thanks!
Hindi - yes.
Can't comment on others..

Top Bottom