Low budget gaming rig.

OP
april

april

Broken In
suggest a good 1333MHz ram then. i don't necessarily need a Intel motherboard, just something which would be good and compatible with the CPU.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Corsair Value select 1333MHz 4GB RAM@1.2k.
Intel DH67-CL is a good motherboard.Other options are GIGABYTE GA-H77-DS3H @6.8k or GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3H for 4.3k.
The former has lucid logix Virtu support while the latter doesn't.With the help of Virtu one can use intel's quick sync(video transcoding engine) while using discrete GPU.

acewin

Point Blanc
do not think anything is wrong with your proccy, you are running a cramped up system, -- 1 GB RAM really and you run apps like 3D Max, maya auto cad.
they will kill your rig obviously, with high CPU utilization and RAM utilization as well.
C2D 7200 against core i3 2120
AnandTech - Bench - CPU
C2D against G620
AnandTech - Bench - CPU

you are ready to buy a total new system but never RAM, LOL dood for real :p

yeah I accept a newer config will provide you Hyper threading and all but, beside that no additional value

few LGA 775 boards
ASUS P5G41T-M LX3 Motherboard vs Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT Motherboard vs Gigabyte GA-G41M-Combo Motherboard vs ASUS P5G41T-M LX Motherboard: Compare Motherboards: Flipkart.com
they will provide you DDR3 RAM upgrade, - 3K
get 2 chip of 4GB RAMs, and you have 8GB total here, - 2.4K
buy a decent gfx card like HD7770 or HD7750 - 8K - Do not cut short here
if you do not have good cabinet + PSU combo then
PSU: Corsair CX430V2 @2.3K
Chassis: NZXT Source 210 @2.5K or Cabinet : Cooler Master Elite - Rs 1750
and finally rest in HDD, be it 1TB or 500 GB
remember you should invest so that your next upgrade costs you CPU + mobo + RAM and not whole damn rig.

OP
april

april

Broken In
do not think anything is wrong with your proccy, you are running a cramped up system, -- 1 GB RAM really and you run apps like 3D Max, maya auto cad.
they will kill your rig obviously, with high CPU utilization and RAM utilization as well.
i seldom run maya. i only run it like a few hours per week.
you are ready to buy a total new system but never RAM, LOL dood for real :p

i did mention buying ram now. if you're talking about buying it with the current rig, i did consider it. just never got to do it. i was lazy and i didn't have the time with school and all.:zzz: "I'll do it tomorrow" was my worst enemy.
now i know it was a wrong thing to do.

Last edited:

acewin

Point Blanc
hehe going school and got lazy :p
anyhow, most people will say you need not invest much, get a RAM boost, good GPU and PSU, you will save up.
You see C2D are still quiet decent performers

theproffesor

saze017 here...quite a go
I suggest you to but this
MOBO :Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H@4.3 frm Flipkart
CPU :i5 3450@10.5k or i5 2310@9.5k
RAM: corsair value ddr3 4gb@1.1k
CASE : buy a cheap one from iball @1k
PSU:CORSAIR CX430V2@2.3K
TOTAL:18.5k to 19.5k
buying i3 now and upgrading to i5 is a bullshit fact

OP
april

april

Broken In
buying i3 now and upgrading to i5 is a bullshit fact
and why is that? i don't understand! is it going to affect my PC in some way?:-? and for the record, i wasn't only going to upgrade my CPU, but the motherboard too. only i wold have done it later and one by one.

p.s. thanks for the suggestion.

Cilus

laborare est orare
You don't need to change the Motherboard for upgrading to i5 from i3 ND there is no technical issues for it. HE said it is a bad idea because of the price you have to pay for the upgrade. Current price of i3 2120 is almost 7K and the new i5 2nd gen will come around 10 to 11K. So it is more beneficial to get it now by spending 3/4K extra money. If you wanna ditch the i3 later for an upgrade then the old processor will not be sold at a very good price and you have to pay another 9/10K to get the new i5.

The Incinerator and D6bmg, stop any personal attack here and don't make it yours personal battleground. This is a warning to all the guys who are doing the Personal attack thing.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Simple fact is nobody update processor.
lets say you bought a i3 now it will suffice for 3 to 4 yrs but after these year you will not able to find processor that is compatible with processor socket of your motherboard.Intel will phased out all processor that are compatible with your motherboard.To sell their new product.
The fact is computer industry is developing component at very rapid rate. For this reason get these
AMD 3 GHz FM1 A8 3870K Processor-6,500
ASUS F1A55-M LE Motherboard-4,200
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9)-1,500
HDD - Seagate 500GB - Rs 3400
Cabinet CM Elite - Rs 1750
Corsair CX430V2 - Rs 2500
Total 19k
or
If you are die hard Intel fan you can go with
As suggested by theproffeso

OP
april

april

Broken In
If you are die hard Intel fan you can go with
As suggested by theproffeso

i am not a die hard Intel fan. i just like it. if it's decent and better than Intel and within budget, and has a promising future for upgrading for better performance, i don't mind buying amd.

acewin

Point Blanc
The Incinerator and D6bmg, stop any personal attack here and don't make it yours personal battleground. This is a warning to all the guys who are doing the Personal attack thing.

+1 needed

@april, if you can have more budget later on then I will say, get *www.flipkart.com/transcend-ddr2-2-...GQMW&ref=048490d1-53bc-4d0b-83c6-882df810cb8f 2 chips
a good PSU like VS450 and good gfx card.
That way when you are upgrading, you get fair chance to buy decent proccy + mobo + RAM combo and would have lost only 2.4K, if you dump the whole rig.
C2D one of very good line ups from intel and they were much better than Dual core proccy for quiet long (I will say till last year). This still has life and you can run easily for longer duration at least 2 years more

Minion

Conversation Architect
i am not a die hard Intel fan. i just like it. if it's decent and better than Intel and within budget, and has a promising future for upgrading for better performance, i don't mind buying amd.
Sorry being rude People have too much confidence about their Intel rig that freak me out.They tells "Intel hai to badiha performance hoga teray system ka" This is same case as previously with Nokia.
I already told you the reason for your requirement Amd A8 system is good.

theproffesor

bro, its the best I could suggest if you are gonna upgrade your motherboard and cpu too,then why are you buying this rig now??
"just go with what I've suggested if you're not gonna overclock your CPU "
besides overclocking doesn't increase your fps that much
overclocking the gpu does ,
so just buy a gpu later ....."hd7870" you can find sapphire oc model around 18k-19k or hd7850 @14-15k
as i5 3450 is a pretty strong cpu in gaming
this will easily handle any game on ultra / high/ medium for 3years+ @1080p,
maybe more,

but if you want cheap solution then just replace i5 3450 with i3 2120@6.7k

acewin

Point Blanc
@Minion, Nokia is good, and their products are good and were good. You see people shout too much about smartphone because of all media hype created by a company named Apple, which gave way for Google to push in Android, buddy not trying to put in fanboyism and related wars here. It is typical way to get yourself called elite by owning a smartphone. Everything is about marketing. these days. Nokia did not loose because of bad product, but because of marketing and other company like Samsung offering good piece of HW with a popular OS.
You know, everyone would agree on Sony having good products, but still they did not earn much through Android like Samsung.
Same way about intel, intel is offering better products, that is why people say they have good HW offering. Overstated maybe, but somewhat true. AMD is in contention in lower priced segment but they still need to put something against core i5s and core i7s

Last edited:

theproffesor

Op I've tried my best and I think it is the best
and the second good option is APU but wait for fm2 and a10 5800k to come in India,
but I hardly recommend you to buy the one ,that I've suggested "THE I5 3450 RIG" if you don't wanna overclock!!!!
don't think too much buy it and be done ....and save some more cash and buy a 19" display from dell or lg etc@6k. with a hd7750@6.8k
and I'm sure you can arrange it before new year....
so just close the thread ....

Minion

Conversation Architect
@Minion, Nokia is good, and their products are good and were good. You see people shout too much about smartphone because of all media hype created by a company named Apple, which gave way for Google to push in Android, buddy not trying to put in fanboyism and related wars here. It is typical way to get yourself called elite by owning a smartphone. Everything is about marketing. these days. Nokia did not loose because of bad product, but because of marketing and other company like Samsung offering good piece of HW with a popular OS.
You know, everyone would agree on Sony having good products, but still they did not earn much through Android like Samsung.
Same way about intel, intel is offering better products, that is why people say they have good HW offering. Overstated maybe, but somewhat true. AMD is in contention in lower priced segment but they still need to put something against core i5s and core i7s

Mate I am not against Intel but people need to know AMD products are good too Most people simply assume If product has a Intel sticker then it must be good we need to aware people that AMD too is good They don't heat up any more in fact they run cooler than Intel latest processors.We shouldn't allow monopoly to happen else we end user will suffer.

I have seen people with Intel system their system struggles when running multiple VMs while my AMD Phenom X4 945 runs 4-5 VMs smoothly.If you people will adopt Intel only then monopoly will happen and they will start looting we people.

Don't forget Intel Hyper Threading was developed by AMD.AMD made Quad core mainstream. They are providing Us GPUs which are better than Nvidia Which are costly and power hungry monster.
for OP requirement i5 is a simply overkill.OP need to understand these things.For his above mentioned job will you suggest him a i5 will you buy a i5 PC to play project IGI or for simply playing videos and music think yourself

No hard feelings

Last edited:

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Well my suggestion is go with an AMD or Intel whichever you prefer save and get a gfx later

Mate I am not against Intel but people need to know AMD products are good too Most people simply assume If product has a Intel sticker then it must be good we need to aware people that AMD too is good They don't heat up any more in fact they run cooler than Intel latest processors.We shouldn't allow monopoly to happen else we end user will suffer.

I have seen people with Intel system their system struggles when running multiple VMs while my AMD Phenom X4 945 runs 4-5 VMs smoothly.If you people will adopt Intel only then monopoly will happen and they will start looting we people.

Don't forget Intel Hyper Threading was developed by AMD.AMD made Quad core mainstream. They are providing Us GPUs which are better than Nvidia Which are costly and power hungry monster.
for OP requirement i5 is a simply overkill.OP need to understand these things.For his above mentioned job will you suggest him a i5 will you buy a i5 PC to play project IGI or for simply playing videos and music think yourself

No hard feelings
+1.I agreee with you.
Some people might blink their eyes and ask What AMD is.

Top Bottom