Lovely Professional University: Worth joining or completely crap?

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
+1 for siggy :D :D :D
BTW wat i had frm nwz is dat lovely sweets is improving ll i meant lovely university
200 IItians taken as faculty
BTW atleast for next 3-4 years dont even bother to touch this university
PPl can check Youtube for a newz info in which a parent said dat his ward was being taught in an under-construction building <-------- ROFL

Flake

Linux User
My sister has completed M.Sc. in Biotechnology from Lovely University this year only. According to her, there isn't a single problem in Lovely University except fee structure, esp. hostel fee.
Professors are really good and helping. No internet or any other problems as mentioned by other members. She is doing training at Chandigarh now ( can't disclose exact location ) and scientists of her training facility admire LPU.

If one is not serious for his/her carrier and looking for fun only ( multimedia phones, lenient or close to zero discipline ) then LPU is not for him/her. Its strict in discipline and force students to do hard work.

NauticA

Broken In
they are f***ing stRict in there..
BTW if u are a junkie and want to end up with nothing after 4 years that's the place for you..

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
they are f***ing stRict in there..
BTW if u are a junkie and want to end up with nothing after 4 years that's the place for you..
just want to make a point here:
if one wants to become a junkie, it can happen in any college. it depends on one's self control 80% and luck 20 % (luck as in what kind of friend circle u get).

i know first hand that u can knock yourself out for 6 bucks in the actual no.1 pvt university. whether u do it or not depends on how much self control u have.

my 2 cents.

utsav

damn busy...
If one is not serious for his/her carrier and looking for fun only ( multimedia phones, lenient or close to zero discipline ) then LPU is not for him/her. Its strict in discipline and force students to do hard work.

do u think that multimedia phones are for fun?? :| then you need to get a life dude , one may need a multimedia phone to access internet on the go , listen to some music for relaxing , and if a college expels a student just for using a multimedia phone then i will say that the management of that college is sick :|

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
What Utsav said is right, Multimedia phones are not for fun any more.They are necessary now. One can browse internet, record the lectures, when he think that he has studied too much he can have some relief... PWNT those colleges that don't allow multimedia phones.
(PWNT)*2 my college, they don't allow cellphones at all.

Is it really THAT bad ? I mean, I never selected ANY non NIT/BIT/IIIT or non CSE/IT option in AIEEE online councelling and ended up with having to retain my amrita university bangalore admission (For B.Tech Computer Science Engineering).

Was it not worth applying to it ?

threeonethree

Journeyman
If standard of the students and faculty = standard of the university then check the standard of LPU on *forum.lpu.in/ ..

Most of the posts on there suggest that the university is made up of retards.

These people think they are so cool 'cus dey typ lyk dis.'

Amrita is good..........
Last week i saw an article on it.
Its seeded 57th
Amrita Ettimadi is the one which is good.
The only thing which is good in Amrita Bangalore is CSE due to the CISCO certification program which I'm joining.

Campus Ain't that great with an international grade swimming pool like in ettimadi or their awesome facilities.

Aspire

Padawan
Amrita Ettimadi is the one which is good.
The only thing which is good in Amrita Bangalore is CSE due to the CISCO certification program which I'm joining.

Campus Ain't that great with an international grade swimming pool like in ettimadi or their awesome facilities.

There are two Amritas????
Thanks for telling me this bit of info.

There are two Amritas????
Thanks for telling me this bit of info.
Amrita Ettimadi (Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu).
Amrita Kasavanahalli (Bangalore, Karnataka).
Amrita Amritapuri (Kollam?, Kerala).

Bangalore amrita is very close to Electronics City (AKA Sillicon Valley of India) and is like surrounded in 6km radius by Blue Chip and IT companies so everyone dies to do CSE and ECE here while a TINY amount go for the rest of the branches.

way2jatin

Journeyman
Tv ads also says that it has world class infrastructure and international education
But I guess that IITs and NITs dont have these(hahaha)

teejay_geekEd

GeekEd!...
Dude, from my experience, all the advertisements that the private universities n all make are not that true.
The BEST private University in India is BITS. Its the second best next to IITs.
Then comes few NITs(S,W,T),IT-BHU,IIIT, DCE n NSIT and the rest follow up.
However, if at all you have no other option You'd be better off paying for a seat at VIT or Amity.
Anyways my best wishes to you. :)

Top Bottom